News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

1.1 Converters

Started by Grudge, June 15, 2005, 04:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bites12

Some  >:( :'( nice people had destroyed my phpbb forum. I'm started with making a new forum with smf. I did some reading in this topic and was reading all about converting a phpbb forum to smf forum. But in all cases the phpbb forum was still alive and online. Mine is not.however i have the sql databases from my old forum. Is there a possibility to convert just the sql phpbb database and put that one in my new smf forum? hope someone is willing to help me out here.

Harzem

You can just create a new phpBB forum, restore the backup to it so you'll have a working phpBB. Then convert to SMF.

There is another way, but it requires restoring the database, and editing the config.php file manually. I think both is the same job. Just select the way you want and we can help you :)

bites12

somehow I can't make a new phpbb forum. I allready started with making a smf forum. so is there a way to convert the sql to that forum.

Harzem

Can you restore the backup file of phpBB to a new database to the server?

What hosting control panel are you using? cPanel or Plesk or ..?

bites12

I'm using cpanel. My old forum was in my subdirectory /forum  my new forum is also in the /forum dir so i don't now if i can restore a sql database to a new phpbb forum what isn't in its old subdir.
do I make any sense.. haha :D

popac

Hello m8s!
I have problem converting phpBB 2.0.20 database to SMF 1.1 RC2.
Converter.php and phpbb2_to_smf.sql downloaded and placed in folder on server: http://www.website.com/smf/convert

I have IIS6, PHP ver: 5.1.4, MySQL ver: 5.0.21

I have phpbb and smf on same server and I manage server and have access to all resources
When i start convert php got this error :

Converting ranks... Successful.
Converting groups... Successful.
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

INSERT INTO `smf`.smf_members
    (ID_MEMBER, memberName, realName ..................... etc
.............    nfo/', '0', '-1', '1', '', '', '0', '1');

Caused the error:

Field 'lngfile' doesn't have a default value

Do anyone may help me with this ?
Tnx in advance !

Boozilla

Mine was a similar.  I have the same versions on the box and got this error while going from yabb2

Converting...
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:

ALTER TABLE `smf`.smf_members
    DROP PRIMARY KEY,
    CHANGE COLUMN ID_MEMBER ID_MEMBER mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default 0;

Caused the error:

Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists

popac

Hello all!
I solve my problem in last post described....
Problem is because mySQL not installed properly...I don't know what is wrong because I install all from manuals and books...

And answer for my problem is:
Download XAMP :
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html
and install (mySQL for windows in my case) and all be OK !
Import system working good, without any problem !

About XAMP:
QuoteMany people know from their own experience that it's not easy to install an Apache web server and it gets harder if you want to add MySQL, PHP and Perl.

XAMPP is an easy to install Apache distribution containing MySQL, PHP and Perl. XAMPP is really very easy to install and to use - just download, extract and start.

Cheers

audioindonesia

I have trouble converting phpbb2 ver1.18 to SMF1.1RC2

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'audioind_joom1'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

Please help

MorpheusR

It worked fantastic! Thank you very much!!!

Greetz,
MorpheusR

audioindonesia

Quote from: HarzeM on June 17, 2006, 06:50:30 AM
Your SMF database username should have access to both databases. Currently, your smf database user has access only to smf database, and your phpBB database user only has access to phpBB database.

But your SMF database user should have access to both databases. This is easily set in cPanel, but difficult in Plesk.
HarzeM,my smf database same as joomla database (abecause I'd like to integrate smf with joomla after converting my phpbb2). I Already insert users using cpanel, but it came up again :
QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'audioind_joom1'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'
Please help...

woza

Ok, I'm officially lost! I think this thread has gotten a to little big!

Do the download links on the first post point the scripts with all the discussed bug fixes or do I have to download the one I want (PHPBB) then run through all 34 pages to apply the fixes?

Many thanks

paullush

YaBB 2.1 to 1.1rc2

$row = array(
            'name' => $boards[$tempID],
            'description' => $description,
            'countPosts' => empty($doCountPosts),
            'boardOrder' => $boardOrder++,
            'memberGroups' => $cats[$tempCatID]['groups'],
            'tempID' => $tempID,
            'tempCatID' => $tempCatID,
         );

Lines in bold are 620, 624

Notice: Undefined index: weburl in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 265
Notice: Undefined index: signature in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 266
Notice: Undefined index: position in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 268
Notice: Undefined index: icq in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 269
Notice: Undefined index: aim in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 270
Notice: Undefined index: yim in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 271
Notice: Undefined index: msn in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 272
Notice: Undefined index: usertext in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 274

Notice: Undefined index: 3 in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: 2 in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 624
Notice: Undefined index: comments in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: 2 in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 624
Notice: Undefined index: daddies in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: general in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: general in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 624
Notice: Undefined index: reviews in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: general in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 624
Notice: Undefined index: shopping in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: announcements in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: staff in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 624
Notice: Undefined index: recycle in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 620
Notice: Undefined index: staff in /home2/essentia/public_html/smf/yabb2_to_smf.php on line 624

SMASH

Hello,
I have PHPBB2 2.0.21 and SMF 1.1 RC2

When I run convert I get this error

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of phpBB2. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: SELECT command denied to user 'smashpc_smf1'@'localhost' for table 'phpbb_users'

Any help would be great, thanks.
Take care,
Brian

gazoota

I have done exactly what you have posted 8 times over several different days and so I came here looking for any help.

But this is what I get every time I try this:
QuoteThe installation of SMF in the path you specified is not a version this converter can deal with. If it is older than SMF 1.0, you need to upgrade first. If it is newer, you need to use a different converter

???? What now, there is really no other options!

Did anyone else get this? The version of SMF is the latest available with the update. The Convert .php is the one that is currently posted here.

Any suggestions.

I did the forum and have it running, the old fashion way. By hand  during the weekend. Got all the users moved over but that is about it. But to transfer all the posts is a little overwhelming and actually is a little to much to even attempt.

Actually I am more interested in just transferring the posts now. As there are new posts in the forum now. I looked thought the DB and got really confused because of the different structures in both forums as far as posts go.

I might just be better off not transferring them, but it would be nice to just have maybe just the last few posts by members in the new forum.

thanx for any help.
This boards features are great. Good job. ;D

青山 素子

Are you using the convert.php from the downloads area, or the updated 1.1 RC2 convert.php posted on the boards here?
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

gazoota

I never could find a link that worked for the convert file in the forum. Maybe because I had not registered. I will look for it now.

I used the convert on the main download page. I did try and do the debug thing but that did not work either.

thanx

青山 素子

Quote from: gazoota on July 20, 2006, 12:53:14 AM
I never could find a link that worked for the convert file in the forum. Maybe because I had not registered. I will look for it now.

I used the convert on the main download page. I did try and do the debug thing but that did not work either.

thanx

The convert.php in the downloads area is for 1.0.x only. You must register to see attachments, which is where the new convert.php is.
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

gazoota

I downloaded the convert.php and this is what I got when I pulled up the page:

QuoteWhich software are you using?
The converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!
After you download it, simply upload it into the same folder as this convert.php file. If you're having any other problems with this converter, don't hesitate to look for help on our forum.

Try again

I had the phpbb2_to_smf.php in the same folder. I clicked on the TRY AGAIN link and nothing. Same ole thing. Is there another converter that I should be using? I think I am missing something somewhere but confusion is setting in...hahahaha

I downloaded and used the convert from this post:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=65677.msg453137#msg453137

I guess I will download this one and see what happens:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=38966.msg284432#msg284432

Just my luck, same results as the first one. Oh well.

Was I supposed to download an updated php to SMF file also? If so which one. The one I used is the one from the main download page. I will look around a little more here and see if I can find something. I was hoping to get it done this morning but hey it will not be the first time I have been all night scratchin my noggin.. just wanted to save a few hairs! 8)

thanx

青山 素子

For 1.1 RC2, you want the convert.php from this thread and a conversion script from either there, or one of the ones from the first post on this thread.
Motoko-chan

Advertisement: