News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cant post on iPad

Started by eves, July 07, 2010, 08:43:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eves

Hello,

In my forum, www.foro.divinero.net i cannot post using safari iPad navigator, the text box to write is unusable, but in this forum i can, this bug is solved on the version runing the oficial forum? Or the problem is mine? I try with default theme and custom teme and both fail.

Thanks

rd

On the bottom of the default theme, it should say WAP2

click that and you will be given a phone friendly theme that can be used to post and even send PMs. I use it all the time in my forums and on this site.

eves

Yes, i know, but iPad is bigger than a phone and can load pages, the problem is in this forum i can post directly on mine i need to go into wap mode, and don know why.

gamesmad

Which theme are you using?
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

eves

Im using blue star theme for rc3 but i try with default (curve) too and still cant post

rd

Well, it can be your server or load time. I noticed that SMF forums that take more time to load crash my Safari app.

What you can do is install either the Curve Mobile theme from the theme site.

Or.

You can install the SMF4iPhone mod and theme from the mod and theme sites.

eves

The problem inst server load, the problem is text box appear unusable when using safari, but on this server appear like normal, usable and writable. I think is problem with the text box, but dont know why fail on my forum and here works fine.

goran

the same on my forum. I can post just in quick reply but without packet (don't remember the name) which give smilies to quick answer.

shadow82x

Do you guys have the WYSIWYG editor enabled? If so, I think that must be disabled to post using the iPad.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

goran

eves

Uhm, yes too, i will try and tell you

Thanks

Kill Em All

goran and eves, so was WYSIWYG the problem? I was using the iPad not to long ago and the posting screen seemed to be working fine for me at the apple store.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

willerby

Just had this issue on my forum running SMF2 and a modified version of Curve. Turning off WYSIWYG fixed for my user. Also fixed the same issue for an iPhone user

W
What type of washing machine is September?

An autumnatic. :)

Kill Em All

eves, do you need any further assistance with this topic?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Carmicheal

Quote from: Royalduke on July 07, 2010, 08:48:40 AM
On the bottom of the default theme, it should say WAP2

click that and you will be given a phone friendly theme that can be used to post and even send PMs. I use it all the time in my forums and on this site.

Yes, i know, but iPad is bigger than a phone and can load pages, the problem is in this forum i can post directly on mine i need to go into wap mode, and don know why.

( Linkspam removed by LexArma )

Arantor

You have WYSIWYG mode turned on.

The normal posting interface should work fine, WYSIWYG does not (and this is true for other systems too, incidentally) - I don't have a problem posting on my own forums or here with an iPad.

eves

Yes, this solve the problem, sorry the late response

ahmadikun

this forum really help me...

thanks  :D

[Spam link snipped by Colin]

Advertisement: