[4373]Paid Subscriptions

Started by numus, April 16, 2010, 12:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

numus

When you utilize reoccuring, it reports differently in paypal then it does when you just do one time paid subscription. Also when anyone donates or pays you anything outside the paid subscription, the IPL sends it of the subscription.php and it reports that as:

The following error occurred when processing a paid subscription
---------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

Regards,
The SDX-Developers Forum Team.

This is getting annoying because it sends an e-mail out each time...

Norv

Hello there!

How does it report?
Quote from: numus on April 16, 2010, 12:40:50 PM
Also when anyone donates or pays you anything outside the paid subscription, the IPL sends it of the subscription.php and it reports that as:

Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type.

Regards,
The SDX-Developers Forum Team.

This is getting annoying because it sends an e-mail out each time...

It does that when somebody donates from the forum? if so, please tell what mods you have installed.

Also, please tell if you are running SMF 2.0 RC3, with paid subscriptions by default, or are Subscriptions a mod?
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

numus

I have paid subscriptions AND paypal donations enabled on the site.. Paid subscriptions as a core feature.. What happens is when someone pays for a subscription, if it is reoccuring, paypal lists it as
      Apr 15, 2010         Recurring Payment From    ***    Completed    Details Recurring Payment From *** 9LG23625XF7*****         $0.25 USD
Select record 7       Apr 15, 2010         Recurring Payment From    *** Created    Details Recurring Payment From ***         ...

Paid subscription without reoccurance:
Apr 16, 2010         Payment From    ***    Completed    Details Payment From *** 0LD48760CJ80*****    
Choose action0

* Print shipping label
    * Add Tracking Info
    * Mark as shipped

$12.00 USD

You will notice they are 2 different "transactions" although both are paid subscription.. the single time thinks iti s an item and that one reports fine to subscriptions.php but the other (or any other input of money for that matter) doesnt registered in subscriptions.php and it sends out that notice

Norv

So, you are using SMF 2.0 RC3? Or older?

Quote from: numus on April 18, 2010, 06:46:49 PM
Paid subscription without reoccurance:
Apr 16, 2010         Payment From    ***    Completed    Details Payment From *** 0LD48760CJ80*****    

You will notice they are 2 different "transactions" although both are paid subscription.. the single time thinks iti s an item and that one reports fine to subscriptions.php but the other (or any other input of money for that matter) doesnt registered in subscriptions.php and it sends out that notice

So, the single time (the payment once, without recurrence) works fine, while the recurring payment, and the donations through some mod are not recognized by SMF?

Please tell what mod you use, since it may have a relevance to this matter.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

numus

I use the paypal donations.. but that isn't just the situation.. Reoccurance it reports to paypal as a different form of payment (single occurance is treated as an item (thus shipping) while reoccurance is not)... When it reports back to subscriptions.php via the IPL (i think it is IPL right?) it doesn't know what to do with the reoccurance version so it flags it as an unknown transaction (same as anytime anyone else puts money in my paypal account)... Thus subscriptions.php only has tolerance for non-reoccurance single payment while the others it kicks out as unknown and doesn't do anything with

Norv

Thank you for the explanations.

Can you please confirm which is your SMF version?

numus

Quote from: Norv on April 19, 2010, 09:35:41 AM
Thank you for the explanations.

Can you please confirm which is your SMF version?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Norv

Can you please eventually tell, does this always happens, as far as you can tell, or was it working at some point?
I wonder if Paypal changed their answers lately, given that it's the only report of the problem I've seen so far. (I didn't test myself yet, nor looked into the code, but will do so as soon as possible, just brainstorming at this point).

Thank you for the report.

numus

It is fairly recent that this problem stared happening.. But i never had the IPL setup before recent.. amazingly it worked without the IPL response back to subscriptions.php ... I really think this issue started around the time of rc3 update but not 100% sure.. i can confirm with ipl on and off i get the same issue
Quote from: Norv on April 19, 2010, 10:32:52 AM
Can you please eventually tell, does this always happens, as far as you can tell, or was it working at some point?
I wonder if Paypal changed their answers lately, given that it's the only report of the problem I've seen so far. (I didn't test myself yet, nor looked into the code, but will do so as soon as possible, just brainstorming at this point).

Thank you for the report.

Norv

Thank you. I'll try seeing about this as soon as possible.

numus

Norv

Not yet, from me, sorry about the delay.

Stumpy

Any updates on this?  I get the "Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type" anytime anyone makes a payment - regardless of one-time or recurring - and have to manually activate the subscription after they do it.  It also sets some really strange end dates for the subscription.  Like instead of being 12 months in the future, which would be correct, it sets the default end date to 2005.

I have no mods installed, am running RC3.

Norv

We had this problem reported a few times, but it only happens to a handful of installations, and I never replicated it on any of the forums I admin.  :(
Can you please try to check if everything is fine in your PayPal account, like IPN is activated? The correct return URL is set in SMF? Did you get any information about changes to your account, or anything other unusual behavior?

Antechinus

No, but has been assigned to 2.1/3.0.

antoniosaucedo

Hello, I got the same trouble in SMF 2.0

All the steps:

1) In Configuration > Core Features > Paid Subscriptions:  click ON and and save

2) In Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-ipn-notify)

Notification URL: http://www.mysite.com/subscriptions.php   /    Click Option: Receive IPN options  / and save

3) In Administration Center » Paid Subscriptions » View Subscriptions: Create a subscription (Subscription Name: Description: Auto-renew Active: Primary Group upon Subscription: Subscription for fixed price and period: etc)

::::::::

Now I go inside the forum with a test-user and try to pay the subscription:
Paypal make the charge in the account and send supporting ID transaction and automatic payment profile to the Test-user mail.
The admin of the forum receive the following message:

Unknown Paid Subscriptions transaction type

Quote from: NorvWe had this problem reported a few times, but it only happens to a handful of installations, and I never replicated it on any of the forums I admin.

it is possible to solve the problem reinstalling smf 2.0 ? or any other idea.  Thanks

antoniosaucedo

Well, I do a test without the auto renew and works fine, the test user is now in the new member group.
but it would be good that if could correct the auto renew. thanks

Arantor

Advertisement: