permissions to category by IP

Started by topche, June 16, 2005, 04:13:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topche

I want to allow/deny on every category by IP. Can i do this ? Or have a some mod?
Thank You

drhamad

That would definitely take a mod.  Exactly what types of allow/deny are you doing that you want IP's to be the identifying characteristic?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

topche

I have a lot of networks and i want some of categories to be allowed for one IP notwork, another of category for another IP network and so on.

†MavN†

you can use .htaccess you can allow or disable some IP and works fine

topche

yes, but this will work for whole the forum. I want to make in different categories to allow different networks.

drhamad

Quote from: topche on June 18, 2005, 02:19:20 PM
yes, but this will work for whole the forum. I want to make in different categories to allow different networks.

ehhh?  what the heck forum are you running ;)
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

topche

Quote from: drhamad on June 19, 2005, 02:14:16 PM
Quote from: topche on June 18, 2005, 02:19:20 PM

ehhh?  what the heck forum are you running ;)
I can't understand you ?!? ::)

Amacythe

It would take a great deal of managing, but you could set all the boards for only certain membergroups and disallow all others.  Then as each member registers, check the IP and assign that member to the proper membergroup.  I'd also leave one board open to all new members so they can make a post if they don't get access to the proper board.

Sheepy

Perhaps we can combine the concept to make a mod that automatically assign users based on their registration ip, email, and/or domain just like user ban?  We can reuse the code there.

Advertisement: