Wordpress 3.0+ User Integration

Started by SlammedDime, May 19, 2011, 06:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jade Elizabeth

Here's to hoping he gets email notifications?

I'll send him an email...
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

He read my messages and didn't respond.

Anyway I've been looking at the code and honestly it's all pointing to the right places I think it could be something silly like Wordpress is storing ALL roles in one row instead of each seperate?

It would be so good if someone could look into this and make a fix and post it here for everyone. I've tried but honestly I am no good with sources :(.
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Jade Elizabeth

I tried those files just now and there's no difference :(.

It all looks right to me but it's not picking up roles for anyone. I don't know which side of the fence it's on. Thanks for looking into a possible solution though!! :D

Jade Elizabeth

Does anyone have any ideas who I could ask to look into this?

Jade Elizabeth

It's not keeping people logged in on Wordpress and people are having to change their passwords every day. This is getting really hard to work with, I can't fix it myself. :(

Dwev

I'm thinking of starting a Shop that's incorporated in SMF, and WordPress has some interesting options for this.

But am I right that this Mod is dead and buried?

Jade Elizabeth clearly tried to get answers about a year and a half back, and it seems there was no-one to answer those questions anymore...  :(

By the way: SMF Shops don't seem an option (we're looking for a real Shop, with real payments).
But if someone van convince me of the contrary, I'm always open to new ideas...

Jade Elizabeth

I had a couple of code savvy friends try to fix this, and even an SMF dev, and no one could fix it. The BEST it would do is log you into both while you were on that tab, unless you paused for like 30 mins. It was WAY more trouble than it's worth. I recommend setting up Wordpress and SMF to use Oneall Social Login plugins, then they can just log in with that and they don't know it's a different account ha ha.

You can check out my site, forum, and store here if you want to see how mine is handled: www.colormeforum.com (note I uninstalled this mod a few days ago and my customers are no longer spamming me 16 times a day with complaints about being locked out or forgetting their passwords, etc. If you look at the "how to log in" page under "my account" you'll see why it was so hard for everyone to get the hang of it). Don't try this mod, not until someone fixes it. The cookies are not compatible and it's a mess to work with.

Dwev

@ Jade Elizabeth: thanks een lot for this feedback, invaluable (because you just saved me a lot of time!).

I'll check out the Oneall Social Login Mod (in case someone is looking for it, it can be found here).

And I really enjoyed your site, very nice both in looks and functionality (with a nice incorporation of SMF!).

Advertisement: