Parse Error when upgrading 1.1.11 to 2.0 in Load.php on line 290

Started by HentzDynasty, July 16, 2010, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HentzDynasty

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/.joy/somethingelsetv/somethingelsetv.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 290

Get this error when I upgrade.  I get through the "Change Database" step (or whatever) and get this message when I hit continue to upgrade the themes.  Any help?

BTW, I'm extremely new to php so I hope it's not because I did something extremely stupid and irreversible.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

cicka

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 16, 2010, 11:59:58 AM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '.' in /home/.joy/somethingelsetv/somethingelsetv.com/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 290

Get this error when I upgrade.  I get through the "Change Database" step (or whatever) and get this message when I hit continue to upgrade the themes.  Any help?

BTW, I'm extremely new to php so I hope it's not because I did something extremely stupid and irreversible.  Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Can you try to reupload again the Load.php file? Or better yet, reupload all the files.

HentzDynasty

just reuploaded the load.php file with no change.  I'll try re-uploading the entire forum directory and see what happens.  wish me luck.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

QuoteI did something extremely stupid and irreversible.
I hope that you have backed up your forum database specially :P

Good Luck with the file replacements. :)

HentzDynasty

just re-uploaded the entire directory and still no luck.  Any known solve?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Hmm, when does this show up? When you try to access any particular file?

HentzDynasty

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Do you ask the upgrader to upgrade your mods for you? Say no to it and leave the database entries in the database. Then proceed.

HentzDynasty

now it's happening when I attempt to move to step Three.

xenovanis

How do you upload the files, HentzDynasty? Are you using an ftp-client or using your cPanel?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

HentzDynasty

I used the built-in FTP in Dreamweaver CS4.  I originally tried using the webinstall.php, but that was giving me errors when trying to log into the FTP (even though the information was 100% correct), so I just saved all the files in my local folder and FTP'd them to my server.  When I then directed my browser to the upgrade.php the page said that all files were accounted for and in the right place.

xenovanis

Dreamweaver is know for corrupting pure php files. That's probably what  your problem is.

I'd suggest using a 'real' ftp-client, like FTP Commander or Filezilla.

Note that there is a bug in Filezilla concerning uploads, see for a workaround here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=374178.0

Or you'll get stuck on the same issue again  ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

HentzDynasty

I just deleted then re-uploaded the file using Fetch (since it was already on my computer.)  Same error.

Does it help to say that I'm on a Macbook running snow leopard?

xenovanis

Did you open any and save of the files with Dreamweaver prior to the upload?

cicka

xenovanis

Quote from: cicka on July 17, 2010, 10:43:06 AM
Why do not you use a ftp program better?

For as far as I know Fetch is an ftp-client.

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 17, 2010, 10:30:25 AM
I just deleted then re-uploaded the file using Fetch (since it was already on my computer.)  Same error.

cicka

Quote from: xenovanis on July 17, 2010, 10:51:18 AM
Quote from: cicka on July 17, 2010, 10:43:06 AM
Why do not you use a ftp program better?

For as far as I know Fetch is an ftp-client.

Quote from: HentzDynasty on July 17, 2010, 10:30:25 AM

Sorry, I missed that post. I only saw his other post about Dreamweaver CS4.

I had one more question for the OP, did you uninstall all the mods before the upgrade?

HentzDynasty

1. Since Dreamweaver works in multiple views, the load.php in my Local View (since I've not edited it) should be the original, uncorrupted version, correct (if that's what is indeed happening) so that was the file I re-uploaded using Fetch, having deleted the load.php (actually there were two) that was on the server.  I assume this was the correct thing to do?

2. I did not specifically uninstall any mods that may have existed (I assume since I don't remember specifically doing this step that they would still exist on the site if ever present.) I've just now taken over the website and am trying to update the group's website and therefore am somewhat disoriented as the technology on the website is archaic (most of it being built in tables instead of divs).

Help any?

xenovanis

Regardless, could you try attached Load.php (don't open it first) and attach yours in your reply? We have to agree there's something funky with the file, right?

Advertisement: