Parse Error when upgrading 1.1.11 to 2.0 in Load.php on line 290

Started by HentzDynasty, July 16, 2010, 11:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HentzDynasty

alright, I'll give that a try.  I think that's what was going on with my other theme then, too.  If I can't figure it out I'll respond (though I guess we would have moved into a different problem and therefore should change to another thread?)

xenovanis

Since it's still related to the original issue, keep it here.

Good luck  ;)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

HentzDynasty

awesome.  now I have noticed that my SSI.php is different. I manually installed a mod for ssi_boardNews where I was able to specify what board I was echoing on different parts of my page.  Since the SSI.php was upgraded as well, I copy and pasted the boardNews function from my moded original and pasted it over the boardNews part of the upgrade.  however, I'm getting an error saying I'm calling an undefined function: dbquery ().  it's part of the code that was moded.

now to the question: Do you know of a forum/download that will allow me to mod the new SSI.php to allow this functionality but not have undefined functions?

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

HentzDynasty

Hopefully this'll explain better:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=759

that's the mod I used when I was on 1.1.11.  I'm hoping one exists for 2.0???

xenovanis

HentzDynasty

so, after redownloading the large upgrade package and FTPing them with Fetch (to make sure Dw didn't screw up anything), the page still isn't displaying correctly.  I feel like it should be an easy fix, but am not familiar enough with PHP to know what to do.

http://www.somethingelsetv.net/forum/index.php

It's showing the bottom half of the page first, then showing the top and footer.  When I go into a topic, however, all the information displays correctly (save one or two icons here and there.)

There a simple way to check/fix php so items on the page display in the correct order?

xenovanis

This theme is not compatible with 2.0, for as far as I know. 1.1.x themes won't work with 2.0.x, there's just too many changes.

HentzDynasty

I've gone in to my theme and changed it to the RC3 version.  should I just look through and delete the old version to ensure no mistakes?

btw, I noticed that the page doesn't mess up unless logged in and on index.php.

xenovanis

Is that the 1.1 RC3 of the 2.0 RC 3 version?

Just wondering, since the theme is installed in the folder /Themes/neptune11rc3.

HentzDynasty

I didn't realize there was a RC3 in 1.1, so I just assumed that RC3 would be the most recent.  however, after looking at the download file, only four themes seem to come with 2.0 and even at that only default seems to be working.

Looks like I'll just have to tell the group I'm doing this for that the forum will have to start using a different theme?

xenovanis

I don't know if Bloc intends to update this theme. It looks like it was abandoned somewhere in 2008. However, I'm not sure what you mean by only 4 themes for 2.0?

=54]http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;version[]=54

In addition, there are more sites to offer themes for 2.0 RC3:
http://www.blocweb.net/index.php&action=bwgallery
www.dzinerstudio.com

HentzDynasty

with the original download, I mean.  But installing new themes is super simple so it's no big deal.  thanks a ton for all the help.

xenovanis

True, that's to keep it compact. The first series contained only 2 even  ;)

If you're on a slow uploadconnection, the more themes to upload, the longer it takes.

Advertisement: