News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Hide posts for Ignore users ?

Started by robg2251, July 19, 2010, 12:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robg2251

The latest version of SMF has an Ignore Users Posts option built in, which is great.   

Does anyone know if there is a mod or something out there, to completely hide any users posts on your ignore list?   That's the one thing I see on our forum, we ask users that argue too much to just ignore each other.  Yet, the system still shows that they posted, and apparently these people can't resist opening it up to read.  If there was a way to completely hide the posts, it seems like it would be a better option all around.    I understand that posts would still show up in quoted replies, and there's no getting around that.   

Thanks in advance. 

robg2251

Surprised this wasn't requested by more users.  If I didn't explain it right:

- There is already a way to ignore a user in SMF - however, it still shows their post (you have to click on it to open it up).

- We would like it so, if users ignore another user, then all of their posts will not show up at all, including in the recent posts list.   

UndergroundChic

I would like to be able to hide their posts too. Actually my user would like that feature <shrugs>

jerryfreak

sorry to revive this zombie thread

Was wondering if this was ever addressed. It would be useful for our forum

shadav

Steve

Please don't revive 11-year-old topics.

My personal feeling is that if they still read their posts then that person shouldn't be on their ignore list.

If you really feel it's necessary to have such a function, follow shadav's advice.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Profile -> Modify Profile -> Look And Layout -> Hide messages posted by members on my ignore list.
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Advertisement: