Twitter background contest!

Started by LiroyvH, July 20, 2010, 10:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forbs

I sumbit my work...I am bad with PS :S

N3RVE

I still see nice submissions coming in :) Please remember to include your forum username when sending us an e-mail.

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Minare

I wish I was talented in ps, good luck.

bloc

Quote from: [n3rve] on July 27, 2010, 08:22:09 AM
I still see nice submissions coming in :) Please remember to include your forum username when sending us an e-mail.

-[n3rve]
Lets hope there are many to choose from. :) I'm gonna send in a couple of ideas too.

A bit off-topic: maybe a future contest could be for a proposed new site-look? Based on or inspired by Curve theme for example..? Might be interesting for people to have a crack at.

Cassiel

Quote from: Bloc on July 30, 2010, 07:44:17 AM
A bit off-topic: maybe a future contest could be for a proposed new site-look? Based on or inspired by Curve theme for example..? Might be interesting for people to have a crack at.

Well that would go against keep this site as close to the original download as possible, but you mean adding it to the package as an additional theme for people to use on their sites? That would be really cool to see actually, but i'm not really sure how well that would work in practice.

bloc

No, I meant a design for this site actually...but you are correct: if the team doesn't want the added custom theme (it should not be too bad if just index.template/css were changed though ;) ) to the site, thats a no-no then.

But if thats not a big(ish) issue, it could be interesting to see what people come up with. Theres also the static content  on themesite/modsite/downloads/about etc. that could be taken in consideration then. I am aware it might be a daunting task, personally I don't fel that..but that might have something to do with me working on those things when I was on team lmao.

In any case: a contest COULD be used as a sort of "idea-tank" where - if the team wants - a sitetheme could be made from later on. It would also show how perhaps interested designers would perceive SMF in the future.

But again off-topic, my apologies for that.

lucas-ruroken

Adk Portal 3.1 is coming....

Design your universe!

N3RVE

Quote from: CoreISP on July 20, 2010, 10:49:40 AM
Closing date for all entries will be Monday 2nd August, 2010. The winning design will be announced by 7th August, 2010 with the winner notified by E-mail.

Thanks to the participants, you all did very well :)

-[n3rve]
Ralph "[n3rve]" Otowo
Former Marketing Co-ordinator, Simple Machines.
ralph [at] simplemachines [dot] org                       
Quote"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

DoctorMalboro

How's the winner? Tell, tell, tell... :P

Quote from: Cassiel on July 30, 2010, 09:34:08 AM
Quote from: Bloc on July 30, 2010, 07:44:17 AMA bit off-topic: maybe a future contest could be for a proposed new site-look? Based on or inspired by Curve theme for example..? Might be interesting for people to have a crack at.
Well that would go against keep this site as close to the original download as possible, but you mean adding it to the package as an additional theme for people to use on their sites? That would be really cool to see actually, but i'm not really sure how well that would work in practice.
I think Bloc's idea isn't that bad... or maybe a contest for the theme of the new SMF version... in the future...

ZerK

Deaks

see what I get for being away ... i missed it ach well
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Forbs

Ashley S

.Vapor

I wish i could of submitted too....dangit

Tapsa2

Suomi - Finland

cybernet

today it's 9th, where are the results ? :-\

Liam.

Quote from: cybernet on August 08, 2010, 06:25:48 PM

Pfft, you know what the team is like, always late *cough* ;)

GravuTrad

Quote from: Liam. on August 09, 2010, 08:13:48 AM
Quote from: cybernet on August 08, 2010, 06:25:48 PM

Pfft, you know what the team is like, always late *cough* ;)

If you know team work, you know that you need time to have each work member, team vote or opinion...
On a toujours besoin d'un plus petit que soi! (Petit!Petit!)

Think about Search function before posting.
Pensez à la fonction Recherche avant de poster.

LiroyvH

Sorry for the delay folks.
We got so many nice designs that it is a tough one.

But not to worry, it will be announced very soon and within one of the upcomming days.
Hang in there! :)
((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

lapunluyang

Good luck to the ones that will take part in the contest.

Advertisement: