News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

smf forum and prestashop

Started by kkmixs, August 06, 2013, 09:52:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkmixs

Last question i know it is diffcult to integrate SMF forum with prestashop, but i just want to integrate pretashop loyalty points with smf forum.I dnt mind if there is different log in or database...just one thing i require is that whatever points the members earned from smf forum get integrated with prestashop.

IN simple, i will allow forum members to earn a points on making post and reply and i want this points get integrated with loyalty points of prestashop or any exteranl module where they can claim a voucher for the earned points to be used in prestashop

Antes

Actually your question is not about SMF, you want to your users earn points; use points mod but when it comes to integrate SMF inside Prestashop, that question needs to be answered by prestashop team.

Kindred

well, the thing is -- in order to do what you are asking, you need some way to associate an SMF userID to their PrestaShop userID.

If you are going that route anyway, you might as well link the logins...

If SMF is going to be the primary interface, you can use the integration hook functions to pass the SMF user data during registration and login over to the prestashop database.... and then pull in the points value and drop it into the user_info array for use in SMF.

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

kkmixs

Any alternative to this...i want to allow my members to spend there points earned on my prestashop, either through voucher, or directly or through any external third party module where they can create a voucher to be used with prestashop..

or any other idea or suggestion are most welcomed..

My website: www.embroideryshristi.com
My forum: forum.embroideryshristi.com

Kindred

really, what I have told you is the only way...

get or build a mod which handles points per post...
(or just read the post count and apply X points per post)

Use the integration hooks to pass that point value over to PrestaShop and associate it with the correct user.

if they spend the points, pass the value back to SMF so the deducate dpoints can be applied.

What you are asking for is not actually a simple thing....   there are multiple points that have to be connected between the two systems
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: