Anyone here working with CloudFlare/HoneyPot antibot software?

Started by Don Peters, July 21, 2010, 05:03:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rust

Hello.  I recently installed the mod on a 2.0.2 board.  The installation came back as successful and there were no errors.  However, I still see only CloudFlare IPs in the guest list and on member profiles.

Any ideas what I should try next?  Thank you.

butchs

The mod works with 2.0.2.  Reset you CF cache.  Check the install.
I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Rust

butchs

I have been truly inspired by the SUGGESTIONS as I sit on my throne and contemplate the wisdom imposed upon me.

Rust

I didn't do anything really.  Just started working.  Either way, glad its working. :)

statusjpn

hey butchs,

since this topic ended over a year ago, not sure if the instructions are still valid.

the default value for "IP call to Reverse Proxy" in BB mod is currently "X-Forwarded-For".

however, in your post above, you stated that the value for "IP call to Reverse Proxy" should be "Cf-Connecting-Ip".

may i ask which is the correct value that should be in that field since i'm using cloudflare?

thanks!

butchs

There are other proxies out there.  For CF use ""Cf-Connecting-Ip".

statusjpn

noted with thanks!

last quick question, do i have to "enable bad behavior" for the reverse proxy to work, or can i leave bad behavior turned off and only check the box "enable reverse proxy"?

your help is much appreciated!

butchs

Yes you have to "enable bad behavior" for it to work as the reverse proxy only works with the BB mod.  Install the CF mod earlier in this thread for CF to work with SMF.

statusjpn

butchs

There are Apache modules that can do the same thing my mod does:

https://github.com/cloudflare

Looking at the code in the Apache module "mod_cloudflare" it seems that if the source is not from CF it will deny access.  If CF goes down you loose access.  I would remove the the "#DenyAllButCloudFlare" and recompile.

Code ("cloudflare.conf ") Select
<IfModule mod_cloudflare.c>
    CloudFlareRemoteIPHeader CF-Connecting-IP
    CloudFlareRemoteIPTrustedProxy 204.93.240.0/24 204.93.177.0/24 199.27.128.0/21 173.245.48.0/20 103.22.200.0/22 141.101.64.0/18 108.162.192.0/18
    #DenyAllButCloudFlare
</IfModule>

Sudhakar Arjunan

Very useful topic and the support given by butchs is cool.

Am going to try now.

Thank you.

Also if butchs could support, my question is this,

I have a site here website.com pointed to my dedicated server ns1.website.com and ns2.website.com ( ex ip : 1.1.1.1 )
I have forum running separately in another dedicated server which as name server ns1.newserver.com and ns2.newserver.com ( ex ip : 1.2.3.4 )
I currently have a record pointed for forum.website.com to load from 1.2.3.4, so my forum is loading form the new dedicated server.

Now how do i point my cloudflare dns, still i will check for the documents, but your instant support is appreciated.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

butchs

Not sure.  I never tried doing it that way.  I suggest running a test.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Quote from: butchs on August 06, 2013, 07:10:19 AM
Not sure.  I never tried doing it that way.  I suggest running a test.

Thank you anyway , i will try and report here.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Advertisement: