News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Playertrade

I have installed the mod, but it just says "login to chat" down in right corner. I dont understand, it makes me log into the forum again, and it dosnt work?

Playertrade

Anyone knowing the problem?

byproduct

SMF Mod page states "Latest Version:    1.0a1"
But has no link for version 1.0a1

d3vcho

Hello!

Look at the right of your screen:

Regards :)
"Greeting Death as an old friend, they departed this life as equals"

byproduct

Ty for your reply.

I seen them.
but,
those are different version numbers

typoed? or a missing version?

Kindred

Those are the versions available for download and visible and present on the mod site
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

byproduct

I can see that.
but is it correct?

description says there is another version.

so is it only a older version that is being supported?
or is there a typo?
a mis-link?
a dropped version?

should someone be correcting the download?
or should interested ppl use the highest/LOWER numbered version and ignore what the descripton/specs say?

getting basic information shouldn't have to be a debate

SA™

It correct 1.0a is in fact 1.0a1 just stick with the highest version it is always going to b the latest build I just forgot to rename the package to match the version that's all

No debate needed really
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

coltp45

I have a problem with this mod if i check  Enable group permissions and set the propers permission to users the bar dosen't show but if i uncheck the Enable group permissions.  The bar shows perfect.

The problem is that I don't want that a new user can spam the forum with links to a another forum using the chat. So i need to use permissions. But dosen't work.....

SethStudent

I just moved my forum to new hosting and https. Everything is working except for SA Chat. It's now in the bottom left corner of my site (see attached), the styling is missing and it doesn't work.

I uninstalled & deleted the mod, removed a couple of leftover files, removed the tables from the db and reinstalled. Same problem.

Chat was working on the old site until I repaired the settings on it after I pointed the domain name to the new hosting, so now Chat is doing the same thing on the old site as well.

Any ideas? Thanks.  https://speakingofseth.com/

Update: I also see that when Chat is installed, I get a "site not secure" warning from my browsers.

profzelonka

Any responsive support?

Also, no plugins show in the admin plugins page... ? It's a blank page.
Using SMF 2.0.13. No errors. Miscellaneous page says there's no plugins.

xapim

any chance of getting this working on SMF 2.0.13 installs fine all optiond in the admin panel but nothing showing on the forum

profzelonka

Quote from: xapim on February 15, 2017, 07:02:25 PM
any chance of getting this working on SMF 2.0.13 installs fine all optiond in the admin panel but nothing showing on the forum
Yeah, in settings there's a fix button that makes new installations work. I found that out by searching through this thread.

If you have plugins working, let me know please since that would mean it's only an issue for me.. Though I highly doubt it.

xapim

Quote from: profzelonka on February 16, 2017, 12:33:07 AM
Quote from: xapim on February 15, 2017, 07:02:25 PM
Yeah, in settings there's a fix button that makes new installations work. I found that out by searching through this thread.

If you have plugins working, let me know please since that would mean it's only an issue for me.. Though I highly doubt it.

tried the fix bar no luck still nothing in the plugins section its blank in the errors section i have 3263 pages of errors and always the same 2 errors

WARN

Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/xapim/public_html/uksatiptv.com/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php:205)

File: /home1/xapim/public_html/uksatiptv.com/sachat/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 245

wich is this line: header('Content-Type: application/x-javascript; text/javascript');

FATAL

Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1

File: /home1/xapim/public_html/uksatiptv.com/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php
Line: 205

this line : $d = new \DateTime('@'.$value.'');

what do i have to do to fix this any ideas ?

cheers

profzelonka

Weird, my install is fine. (Other than no plugins....)
I'd make sure it's the right (latest) version. (Currently latest is SAChatBar-1.0a.zip)  and reinstall it.

xapim

yup its the latest i already unninstalled and installed again a couple of times with no resulp im going to try again this is really weird its always the same error repeating

OtterlyAdorable

Hi!  This mod is great so far, we really like having a chat on our page!

I have a question about the sound that I haven't been able to figure out.  Is there a way to turn of the... activation chime that plays when the page loads?  It also plays every time the page reloads and every time I switch tabs.  Sometimes I have multiple tabs open and it plays every time I switch between them.

Thank you very much!

xapim

well u had more luck than me i cant get it to work :(

OtterlyAdorable

Quote from: OtterlyAdorable on March 03, 2017, 04:54:30 PM

I have a question about the sound that I haven't been able to figure out.  Is there a way to turn of the... activation chime that plays when the page loads?  It also plays every time the page reloads and every time I switch tabs.  Sometimes I have multiple tabs open and it plays every time I switch between them.

Thank you very much!

Well this is embarrassing.  Wasn't from the chat, so please disregard.

However I do have another question!  I looked at all the posts in this thread referencing timezone issues, but I still haven't been able to solve my issue.  My board has the correct timezone settings.  I updated the timezone in my php.ini file.  But the chat is still not showing the correct timezone.  Has this been updated at all since the last time it was addressed in this thread?

Thanks much!

coltp45

Quote from: OtterlyAdorable on March 30, 2017, 01:15:48 PM
Quote from: OtterlyAdorable on March 03, 2017, 04:54:30 PM

Thank you very much!

Well this is embarrassing.  Wasn't from the chat, so please disregard.

I have the same problem with the sound.    you say is not a mod problem? How you solved?

Thanks.

Advertisement: