SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

Quote from: PastorMartin on August 14, 2010, 01:19:57 PM
Thank you Nend.  I'll check his system to see if IE is the compatibility is the issue.

If possible can you get me their OS version, IE version and any add-ons they may have installed. I don't use IE but I know a couple of Firefox add-ons that can kill the chat, like NoScript, I am thinking this may be a possibility.

crustybum

Thanks for all your hard work on this...a great mod, i only had it working for a bit, but our members loved it..

Chris

!RFAN

i applied my old database on a new forum.. on new forum widgets are not working although they were working on old site.. what should i do???

Dharshan

Quote from: amigozone on August 16, 2010, 09:33:57 AM
i applied my old database on a new forum.. on new forum widgets are not working although they were working on old site.. what should i do???

what do you mean by widgets?? is it this mods? or another portal?
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

SA™

you can add widgets to this mod eg google gadgets
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

nend

You sure you didn't overwrite any information that was used before. This would be the only cause I know of.

nend

A security risk has been identified in the chat system. I am asking all users to disable the chat or uninstall it until revision 28 public beta is released. I will try to get revision 28 out today. Be patient, I will not disclose this vulnerabilities details until revision 28 is released. A fix has already been made, so just doing the final touches to the chat system.

This vulnerability will be undocumented to not give any advance users the idea of how to use it.

!RFAN

Quote from: nend on August 16, 2010, 12:57:50 PM

You sure you didn't overwrite any information that was used before. This would be the only cause I know of.

actually when i installed the mod on new forum the one gadget i had on old was still there on new forum.. i checked the gadget and it was not showing .. i mean  i was able to click on it..a window appear but does not show any thing... then i removed the gadget and made a new gadget for the same code... the code is below...

<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/likebox.php?id=110929655606430&width=350&connections=12&stream=true&header=true&height=600" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:350px; height:600px;background-color: #ffffff;" ></iframe>

i think i shud uninstall this mode.. remove the database tables and then reinstall it???

will this solve the problem or not???

nend

Revision 28 is now released, this is a quick release so it might be a little buggy. It is very highly recommended to upgrade.

Please note the load checking is not fully bug free yet. You can enable if you want but there might be some problems. Like if a user is already on the website and the server load goes higher than your setting and they click a gadget or something there is a possibility they will get a invisible div. This will not look like much but might cover links on the page.

diamondred123

we still need to change the premissionsa to make it work
can you not make it so i dont need to do that
because that wont work on my site because its hosted with a friend and he has set premissins he cant change but i can change on the test server
Thanks
Learner but knows a little

nend

I have made one in the past, just it didn't work with SMF's Package Manager. Will however look into this.

diamondred123

it shows my blocked cursed words
Learner but knows a little

crustybum

Re installed this great mod....butttttttttttttttttttttttt it still slows down the whole forum...i suppose this is due to being on a shared server.... :-[

uzumbaba

Quote from: nend on August 16, 2010, 06:56:41 PM
Revision 28 is now released, this is a quick release so it might be a little buggy. It is very highly recommended to upgrade.

I upgraded but now I could not succeed for the guests.
It is not visible for guests.
Tried to detect the error but did not succeed.

Here is the message:

"Detailed information about the error on the website

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2;. NET CLR 2.0.50727;. NET CLR 3.5.30729;. NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0 ;. NET4.0C;. NET4.0E; AskTbCLM/5.8.0.12304)
Time stamp: Fri, August 18 2010 01:09:25 UTC

Row: 1
Character: 10
Code: 0
URI: http://www.xxxxxx.com/2sichat/index.php?action=head

URI: http://www.xxxxxxx.com/2sichat/index.php?action=body"

How should I inform the Bar will visible for guests as well?
Once you have logged in, there is no problem.

--------
I have tried several times, uninstalled and reinstalled, went into the forum database and cleared the table appearing "2sichat" variables, then installed clean, but the same error occurs.

nend

Quote from: uzumbaba on August 17, 2010, 10:46:28 PM
Quote from: nend on August 16, 2010, 06:56:41 PM

I upgraded but now I could not succeed for the guests.
It is not visible for guests.
Tried to detect the error but did not succeed.

Here is the message:

"Detailed information about the error on the website

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/4.0; SLCC2;. NET CLR 2.0.50727;. NET CLR 3.5.30729;. NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; Tablet PC 2.0 ;. NET4.0C;. NET4.0E; AskTbCLM/5.8.0.12304)
Time stamp: Fri, August 18 2010 01:09:25 UTC

URI: http://www.xxxxxx.com/2sichat/index.php?action=head

URI: http://www.xxxxxxx.com/2sichat/index.php?action=body"

How should I inform the Bar will visible for guests as well?
Once you have logged in, there is no problem.

--------
I have tried several times, uninstalled and reinstalled, went into the forum database and cleared the table appearing "2sichat" variables, then installed clean, but the same error occurs.

Its a bug, please refer to this post.
http://mods.2-si.net/2si_chat_support/a_bug_firefox_49.msg133.html#msg133

Marsh

Any word on making this work for everyone online and not just buddies?
625,195 Posts in 50,808 Topics by 34,295 Members.