News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

I need a closer look, I never seen this behavior before. It looks like the chat was flipped around but how? If you can PM me or post a link to the site.

x.Silencer.x

nend

I don't know whether to consider this as a bug or a incompatibility. I have not worked with any right to left sites in the past and the html declaration of the site being right to left is the problem.
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="rtl">
Since 2-SI Chat appends its data to the html via JavaScript it has to follow the rules of the document. This is what is causing the problem. I will need to research this further. Recorded and logged as a bug - http://mods.2-si.net/issue,19.0/

x.Silencer.x

can send me  link for ver 31 if finshed to try

i can send you pass cepanel to show what's the problem but i can't send here

im pm i can't send msg

any other way to send my user and pass cpanel

nend

Sure, but will have to wait until it is finished. I need someone who can test this release on different setups such as site language.

x.Silencer.x

oky nend i wait you

thx for help

this mod is very good i hop to work in my site

x.Silencer.x

nend

how much you can finshed ver31

nend

Well the character encoding bug was thought to be stomped until I upload rev31 on 2-SI Mod site. For some reason the usernames looked to be stored wrong in the database. I am trying to sort this out but sort of hard when MySql returns ??? marks from the start.

Rev31 will be released soon but no fix for the usernames yet. Sorry, but hey the template is fixed. ;)

nend

Well looks like the username is fixed now, thanks to Oya a member here at SMF who helped me greatly fixing this problem before revision 31 release.

So revision 31 will be bug free.

Silencer since you encountered some of the problems and bugs in revision 31 can you register at my mod site. http://mods.2-si.net, once registered I will appoint you a temporary beta so you can get a running version. But remember though revision 31 may still have some bugs. Hopefully we all got the bugs worked out this time. :D

x.Silencer.x

Im register but name is alsaka  :)

i wait you to try ver 31 i hop to fixed this problem

dkharp

Is there a way to move the bar uptop?

SilverKnight

Good mod, i joined the forums and posted my suggestions there.

!RFAN

waiting for final release :D

nend

Quote from: dkharp on September 03, 2010, 12:44:21 AM
Is there a way to move the bar uptop?

The postition of the bar, online list and initial location of chat or gadget window is controlled by the style sheet. ;)

dkharp

Thank you.. Where is the style sheet?

CapadY

I've installed this MOD and it seems to work fine, except one little thing.

When using the defalt curve theme there is a language selector shown.
As soon as I switch over to the Facebook theme the language selector disappaers.

Is this a bug or is there a possibilty to set this somewhere ?

When needed a can give an URL and an test account to have a look.

In addition to this,
When using the Facebook Theme the "Who is online"- link works properly in Firefox but doesn't work when using Internet Explorer.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

nend

Quote from: capady on September 03, 2010, 04:55:20 PM
I've installed this MOD and it seems to work fine, except one little thing.

When using the defalt curve theme there is a language selector shown.
As soon as I switch over to the Facebook theme the language selector disappaers.

Is this a bug or is there a possibilty to set this somewhere ?

When needed a can give an URL and an test account to have a look.

In addition to this,
When using the Facebook Theme the "Who is online"- link works properly in Firefox but doesn't work when using Internet Explorer.

The theme can be incompatible with 2-SI Chat meaning some of the vars in the JavaScript or names of containers might be the same. It can also be if the facebook theme uses jQuery and does not use the no conflict statement then there may be a conflict. However, there are allot of things that can conflict.

The language selector can also can be set in the admin panel, make sure that the setting didn't change.

I don't want to guess what is wrong, I hate guessing, but more than likely it is going to be the first one if it works on one theme and not the other. Something is butting heads with the chat.

!RFAN

i'm using this mod and it is working fine... but there is one problem...
when any member is "Appearing offline" 2-SI Chat bar still shows that the member is online...
hey nend... plz do something with this one also...
btw.. going very well.. :)

nend

Maybe the next version, not the one coming up, that is already in testing for any bugs.

The who's online section part of the bar is not AJAX, it only refreshes only on a new page load. But now that 2-SI Chat is supporting JSON we can do a few things. This may be optional though, because making request to a server to check who is online is allot of unnecessary load IMHO, but hey some people can cope handle this load.

I will give you the tools to overload your MySql or hosting server at your desecration, and ways to disable them of coarse.  ;D

!RFAN

wow... great things are coming up.... :D

Advertisement: