News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nend

Please no PM's about installation of 2-SI Chat, most information on installation can be found at http://mods.2-si.net

@x.Silencer.x - Can you PM or post the URL to your site, I don't seem to remember the it. I can't reproduce the problem you are having but it doesn't mean there isn't any bugs, it could be a configuration difference.

@John1 - If you go to the site mentioned you can request it in as a feature, I like this idea also, invisible should be invisible. Please post it in the 2-SI Chat Bugs and Features area as a feature request. I tend to forget things lately, so if you post it there it will be remembered.

Also I would like to mention things in the works, live updating of the friends/online list with optimizers off, semi live updating of the friends/online with optimizers on, simple bbc, better JSON and permissions.

x.Silencer.x

http://www.proegy.com/smf

ok nend and if you want my pass and user cpanel to see what's the problem

i can send pm in mods.2-si.net

nend

Quote from: x.Silencer.x on September 19, 2010, 03:17:46 AM
http://www.proegy.com/smf

ok nend and if you want my pass and user cpanel to see what's the problem

i can send pm in mods.2-si.net

I think I may have found it, just I am unsure. You know how to use phpMyAdmin? Can you log into your phpMyAdmin and get me a screen shot of the table structure of {db_prefix}_2sichat? I think there may be a structure difference that may not be getting set right.

A real quick test to do though is to change the msg field collation to utf8_general_ci and see what happens if it is already there then get me the contents of Settings.php for SMF, be sure to take out your db information out of the file before posting it. ;)

x.Silencer.x

i change msg text collation from latin_general_ci to utf8_general_ci
and arabic its ok now

You are a serious
The problem  is resolved
Thank you nend
your mod very beautiful from one of a professional
Thank you nend  for all the help and support

x.Silencer.x

hi nend

I need help on some of the additions

Example

Visible and invisible like facebook

No one can see me must [Add To Buddy List ]

nend

Quote from: x.Silencer.x on September 21, 2010, 02:28:21 PM
hi nend

I need help on some of the additions

Example

Visible and invisible like facebook

No one can see me must [Add To Buddy List ]

I was actually wondering how that should be set up. If your invisible should you be invisible to everyone or just people who are not your buddy?

I know how I am going to do it, you will be visible if you set your status to "Show others my online status" in your profile. I think buddies should be able to see you though, so this is a feature for the show everyone online option in 2-SI Chat.

x.Silencer.x

yes , i konw

but i need to Visible in forum  but i don't need talking in chat

in need to invisible only chat

improv

Just a stupid question and not sure if this has been asked already but what if you "ignored" an user on the forums?
Will they still be able to chat with each other, or?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I don't think ignored user can chat with us at all. But give a test and try it out. Who knows...

nend

Quote from: ahrasis on September 23, 2010, 05:44:05 AM
I don't think ignored user can chat with us at all. But give a test and try it out. Who knows...

Yes they can, it was never thought about building this type of thing into 2-SI Chat in the beginning. Will be adding this however to the next release.

John1

I dont know if someone already asked this question.

Can you set the time frame for which online people can be shown.
Something like -

Set the time [in minutes or seconds] for the online people to show :

nend

Quote from: John1 on September 23, 2010, 02:07:57 PM
I dont know if someone already asked this question.

Can you set the time frame for which online people can be shown.
Something like -

Set the time [in minutes or seconds] for the online people to show :

I'm not sure what you mean, if your talking about updating the Online List this will be available on the next release.

improv

Okay awesome.
I like this mod already and I will be following it up!

Sweetwater

Quote from: nend on July 23, 2010, 11:16:25 AM

Well visited your site and the code seems to be in place in the template. This isn't a new issue and even though the mod installed correctly it usually means the PHP files for the chat can not execute.

So the problem is usually folder and file permissions. FTP to your site and try this.

2sichat 755
2sichat/index.php 755
2sichat/body.js.php 755
2sichat/head.js.php 755
2sichat/cache 755
2sichat/themes/default/index.php 755
Quote from: nend on July 23, 2010, 11:16:25 AM
@NaYa

Well visited your site and the code seems to be in place in the template. This isn't a new issue and even though the mod installed correctly it usually means the PHP files for the chat can not execute.

So the problem is usually folder and file permissions. FTP to your site and try this.

2sichat 755
2sichat/index.php 755
2sichat/body.js.php 755
2sichat/head.js.php 755
2sichat/cache 755
2sichat/themes/default/index.php 755

Same issue with mine, but for some reason I can't change the permissions on these files.... but can on everything else on the server.
Can see who is on line, but no chat window to be found.

Any tips?

Regards,

Sweetwater

Galatea

Quote from: nend on September 19, 2010, 01:22:05 AM
@John1 - If you go to the site mentioned you can request it in as a feature, I like this idea also, invisible should be invisible. Please post it in the 2-SI Chat Bugs and Features area as a feature request. I tend to forget things lately, so if you post it there it will be remembered.

Quick fix for this is in 2sichat/index.php:
Find

function genOnList() {

global $smcFunc, $member_id, $context;

$results = $smcFunc['db_query']('', '
SELECT m.id_member, m.member_name, m.real_name, o.session
FROM {db_prefix}members AS m
LEFT JOIN {db_prefix}log_online AS o ON o.id_member = m.id_member
ORDER BY m.real_name DESC',
array()
);

Replace with:

function genOnList() {

WHERE m.show_online = 1
array()
);

This hardcodes in so that members who have set themselves to "invisible" remain invisible.  Bear in mind that even admins cannot access invisible members to chat with using this method.  I'm sure this could be remedied with a quick conditional statement and some SSI that checks for $context['user']['is_admin'].

x.Silencer.x

if i need to show who the friends list ( Buddy  list ) only can i do that

nend

Revision 32 has been delayed a bit lately. I have been real busy lately, my sons birthday and getting burned by a charcoal grill, because someone put too much lighter fluid in it. Don't worry I am ok, just first degree burns on my face, not too bad, but is sure did hurt around the sensitive parts like the eyes, nose and mouth at the time.

Here is the list code as it is for next revision.
function genOnList() {

WHERE NOT FIND_IN_SET({int:member_id}, m.pm_ignore_list) AND m.show_online = 1 OR FIND_IN_SET({int:member_id}, m.buddy_list) AND m.show_online = 0
        array(
            'member_id' => $member_id,
        )
    );

if ($results){
        while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($results)) { //show_online
            if (isset($row['session']) && $row['id_member'] != $member_id){
                  $context['friends'][] = $row;
            }
        }
        $smcFunc['db_free_result']($results);
    }
    $data = buddy_list_template();
    return $data;
}

Aktoraman

Quote from: More-to-life on July 27, 2010, 11:32:26 AM
SOLVED
For some reason I had double script entries

I get the same error in internet explorer although firefox is working fine.
Can you please inform me about the changes that you made there?

drhamza

for some unknown reason, I opened my forum today to find that the bar was hidden completely, I checked the admin panel and it's not disabled, I also asked the other admin if he did anything new; negative
any idea please?

drhamza

Advertisement: