SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rhack382

I have read this thread with  great interest... 

Does any one use this with AjaxChat Integration? - and E-Z Portal...? 

I am curious how does it work with these additional mods? 

Has anyone uninstalled AjaxChat Integration in favor of this mod?

Thanks in advance for your input...

Alarm

I install this,everything is ok..but when i do chat with somebady that window is not moveable ? Please help..

nend

Quote from: Alarm on November 06, 2010, 10:46:03 PM
I install this,everything is ok..but when i do chat with somebady that window is not moveable ? Please help..

Can you give more details about the problem you are experiencing?

LotusRS

how to insert a long link to me you see a horizontal scroll?

SN

I have installed this mod on RC4.... but the bar isn't showing.

can anybody help??

marwan

Can we have a way to chat with our facebook friends while on forums using this mod?

eyo

i get these install errors, using rc4. any ideas what's wrong?

5.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
      1.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test failed
      2.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      3.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Test successful
      4.    Add Before    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php

nend

Installation with a fresh copy of SMF 2 RC4 and default theme was tested and installed successfully. Most problems with installation are mainly due to mod incompatibility or theme edits.

@ggman, the problem here is most likely that 2-SI Chat installer is trying to edit something that has been changed by a previously installed package. You may have to edit these lines manually.

@SN, if your not using the default theme then you must manually add the script codes to your index.template.php for that template.

@marwan, there is no support at this time for the chat to communicate with other chat applications on other websites.

PPowerHouseK

I love this mod.
How can I simply change the color from blue to black?
Thanks in advance!

nend

Quote from: PPowerHouseK on November 28, 2010, 12:49:17 PM
I love this mod.
How can I simply change the color from blue to black?
Thanks in advance!

smf_folder/2sichat/themes/default

Browse to this folder, edit images, css and templates as you see fit.

boazor

hello

I install 2-Si chat and all look ok no error on install like everyone els i so everyone had
the problem with "who is online" i try all the 3 step to fix it and still not working
btw i try on default theme to still not work.

on the error_log i find this error
[03-Dec-2010 17:25:33] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/ixedts.lin' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-zts-20060613/ixedts.lin: undefined symbol: executor_globals_id in Unknown on line 0

is that connect to the chat system and what is the problem ?

and if its not connect to the chat what is my problem?

http://www.orbks.com

thank you

nend

It looks like the files are not executable. Please make all php files executable and it should work.

boazor

i try it to not work all the file are 755

i even install pure SMF and still not work

http://smf.orbks.com clean install  only 2-SI Chat installed

ntr2ntr

Hello frnds,

I m currently using 2.0 RC4 and my 2-SI Chat is not working for members when they change their Display name, and when they change back their Display name to previous name its again working, why is this so???   does this happen if they include any special character in their display name???  like ©

Members are able to see them online but when they click on their name it doest open.....

Pls Pls frnds help me out.......  P.S: i m not using default theme.

my forum is www.kammafriends.com

nend

Quote from: ntr2ntr on December 04, 2010, 06:46:46 AM
Hello frnds,

I m currently using 2.0 RC4 and my 2-SI Chat is not working for members when they change their Display name, and when they change back their Display name to previous name its again working, why is this so???   does this happen if they include any special character in their display name???  like ©

Members are able to see them online but when they click on their name it doest open.....

Pls Pls frnds help me out.......  P.S: i m not using default theme.

my forum is www.kammafriends.com

That is a awkward one since 2-SI Chat goes by user id and display name has nothing to do with how the data is stored or chat session creation. Maybe it could be a browser cache problem, I don't see how though but try clearing your browser cache.

Quote from: boazor on December 04, 2010, 04:49:48 AM
i try it to not work all the file are 755

i even install pure SMF and still not work

http://smf.orbks.com clean install  only 2-SI Chat installed

The files are returning a blank page still, for some reason it looks like they are not executing.

h4k

Quote from: nend on November 08, 2010, 09:55:18 AM
Quote from: Alarm on November 06, 2010, 10:46:03 PM

Can you give more details about the problem you are experiencing?

Same problem here, the popup chat window is not moveable, i tried on Mozilla, Chromium, etc... is not a browser problem, but the chat. It show the hand pointer but when I select the window, i cant move it.

Also, sometimes, If i have closed a popup and open other page of the forum, then the window comes invisible but i cant click on a link behind the "invisible popup". This mod is awesome, but is not ussable for me for the moment... what can i do?

nend

Which revision of the chat have you installed? Also what version of PHP do you have, I believe I added some compatibility for older versions of PHP but without a test site running older versions of PHP there is no way for me to check that if functions available in the 5 branch are available in the 4 branch.

Also please note 2-SI Chat uses the class msg_win for its movable divs. If anything in your template uses msg_win then it will conflict with the chat application.

There are many other possible conflicts since the space 2-SI Chat executes. More than likely it is a conflict because the chat works perfect on the default theme. If possible in the future I may release a version with more unique functions, variables, classes and ids so these conflicts will not occur.

It may be a while though, I haven't had much time lately to touch any 2-SI Chat code. I am also thinking about releasing the chat mod under a free open source license or having someone take over the mod. I am more leaning to open source since I feel like the mod should belong to everyone.

Baloch

2-SI Chat is not supporting Unicode. Is there any solution?

Baloch

It seems nobody is here to response on issues :(

JoeB

Installed on SMF 2.0 RC4
No bar!
Eddit filed manually
no joy
The package is not visable in modfication settings.
Please advice

Advertisement: