News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeseven

Thanks so much! :D

it works! ! !

f_aston

Thanks for continuing to help mate!

I have PMed you the forum location and a login.

:)

SA™

pls try the package now i just updated it tho i have a feeling your problem is permissions on the files i cant chack that with out ftp accesse
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

f_aston

I can assure you that I have double-checked the permissions about 15 times at this point, and unless there are required permissions that are not outlined in your document then they are set as you have required.

I won't be able to upload the new version just now, but will report back when I can!

Thanks so much for your help, you do a great job!  :)

f_aston

Mate - I tried the new package on a fresh build and no love.

And I did all the troubleshooting steps you outlined.

Be aware - our hosting is on a Zeus server and I found issues with other mods before because of this - for example - prettyurls makes use of Apache specific url rewriting commands.  Could this be a cause of the problem as, after trouble-shooting, most people get it working.  :(

xrunner

How do more than 2 people chat together?

Goodman854

Can you make a GO OFFLINE button?

!RFAN

i am logged in but SA Chat Bar is showing:  Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. instead of Whos's Online...
what is wrong??

http://www.forum.vlovefun.com

user: testt
pass: 12345678

please check it and help me..

thanks

cnywrestling

I can't get this to work in any version of internet explorer - 7, 8, or 9.  The javascript error is different in each, but it's always the "index.php?action=body" file.  Personally, I wouldn't care as I use Chrome and it works fine in chrome.  But, 75% of my forum users are still on some version of IE.  Is there anything that can be done to get it working with IE?

nend

Quote from: cnywrestling on April 12, 2011, 09:47:09 PM
I can't get this to work in any version of internet explorer - 7, 8, or 9.  The javascript error is different in each, but it's always the "index.php?action=body" file.  Personally, I wouldn't care as I use Chrome and it works fine in chrome.  But, 75% of my forum users are still on some version of IE.  Is there anything that can be done to get it working with IE?
This looks like it may be a pain, however I can test in IE8 and say there is no problems with SA Chat on a unmodified IE8. Can you post the errors your are receiving here, it will help diagnose the problems you are receiving a little easier.

cnywrestling

Thanks for lending a hand.  As an IT troubleshooter, I sympathize when you can't duplicate the error  :-\

IE8 error is attached.  It's slightly different in IE9 and IE7, but I can't get to those machines right now.

nend

Quote from: cnywrestling on April 13, 2011, 07:25:09 PM
Thanks for lending a hand.  As an IT troubleshooter, I sympathize when you can't duplicate the error  :-\

IE8 error is attached.  It's slightly different in IE9 and IE7, but I can't get to those machines right now.

I heard of this one before but haven't been able to duplicate it. I can't look at it today though, have to go to work in a few minutes. I think it will be best for me to get my IE to duplicate the error and go from there. But if I remember correctly that portion of code still does it the traditional JS way. It may be better to let jQuery handle the style there. The chat system didn't always have jQuery so that part of the code that is giving the error is pretty old.

Once I figure it out I will send my fixes to SA and post a code snippet here until he can get around to working it in.

nend

May be a quick fix but in your body.js.php , look for this.
if (document.all) { //IS IE 4 or 5 (or 6 beta)
eval( "document.all." + layer_ref + ".style.display = state");
}

May change it to this
if (document.all) { //IS IE 4 or 5 (or 6 beta)
hza = document.getElementById(layer_ref);
hza.style.display = state;
}

Some reason it is detecting them as IE 4,5 or 6. I think it is because backwards compatibility is worked into the newer versions of IE. But I think this code will break the chat for IE 4,5 and 6. I will not know however without testing, so that will be later on. Sorry.

cnywrestling

You're a genius Nend  ;)  Thank You.

Bet you can't wait for the day when you don't have to program "around" IE  ???

SA™

thanks nend i will  try to work on this at the weekend been a little busy in rl with work seems to be slowing down now then again i said this the other week and work picked back up again lol

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

nend

Quote from: cnywrestling on April 14, 2011, 02:06:04 PM
You're a genius Nend  ;)  Thank You.

Bet you can't wait for the day when you don't have to program "around" IE  ???

Sad though, I didn't find this out sooner. Some of my other sites use this function for hiding and showing divs. I tend to reuse code from previous projects in other work. It saves allot of time, but now it looks like I have a bug in some of my sites also.

I don't like the work around I posted though, because it takes away support from IE6 which isn't that bad. But the code is just too sloppy. So I will do a rewrite on this function for the chat.

anakmacan

I installed simple portal, is it possible to disable this mod on main forum, instead in want it to appear only on portal page ?

SA™

you can try this

in sources/sachathooks.php

find
$buffer = str_replace('</head>', '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$boardurl.'/sachat/index.php?action=head"></script>
</head>', $buffer);

$buffer = str_replace('<body>', '<body>
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$boardurl.'/sachat/index.php?action=body"></script>', $buffer);

replace with
if(!isset($_GET['action'])){
$buffer = str_replace('</head>', '<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$boardurl.'/sachat/index.php?action=head"></script>
</head>', $buffer);

$buffer = str_replace('<body>', '<body>
<script type="text/javascript" src="'.$boardurl.'/sachat/index.php?action=body"></script>', $buffer);
}

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

anakmacan

WOW! THAT WORKS! Thank you  ;D
I reinstalled and i have donated, nice mod!

anakmacan

btw, i found out that SA Chat bar still appears on thread section.
http://www.loners-club.com/index.php/topic,566.0.html

could you help me so the bar doesnt show up on thread section too ?

Advertisement: