News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

sachathooks.php

if ($layer == 'body')
replace with
if ($layer == 'body' || $layer == 'main')
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

mulch

hey, thanks for a great mod. i really like this bar but i followed the instructions at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0 #1 and moved my avatars from the attachments folder to the avs folder and now, avatars are missing from the chat bar (and box)

Is there a way with my new setup to get the avatars back. It looked much nicer than a X?

Thank you in advance for your help

dayveboy

I have installed the chat and it is showing in my admin panel but nothing else shows anywhere on the site. on the themes tab, all settings a white with no options, could this be the issue?
i have uninstalled and reisntalled with same outcome.
all files in the sachat folder are chmod 777
any help would be great!

I read through this entire post be cant work out what i have done wrong or need to do, to make this work

thanks

Dave

SA™

Quote from: mulch on August 26, 2011, 08:22:57 PM
hey, thanks for a great mod. i really like this bar but i followed the instructions at http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=293441.0 #1 and moved my avatars from the attachments folder to the avs folder and now, avatars are missing from the chat bar (and box)

Is there a way with my new setup to get the avatars back. It looked much nicer than a X?

Thank you in advance for your help

id have to install the mod to try this out tho it should work like that ill try to take a look somtime this week for you

Quote from: dayveboy on August 29, 2011, 12:47:42 PM
I have installed the chat and it is showing in my admin panel but nothing else shows anywhere on the site. on the themes tab, all settings a white with no options, could this be the issue?
i have uninstalled and reisntalled with same outcome.
all files in the sachat folder are chmod 777
any help would be great!

I read through this entire post be cant work out what i have done wrong or need to do, to make this work

thanks

Dave

can you take a screen dump for me pls i dont fully uderstand what you mean

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

dayveboy

Sorry I uninstalled it, in case it caused problems when i was not there.
I have found a few things that i tried to recify.

1. the themes folder inside the sachat folder was a blank file, i uploaded the themes folder.
2. the cache folder was a blank file, i uploaded the cache folder.

this happened both times i tried to install.

once installed, the themes tab of the sachat admin options, had no options. the drop down was empty.

when i tried the chmod option, blank screen.

I will install again and send a dump asap

thanks

Dave

dayveboy

I just installed ti again and its working, appart from there is nobody in the userlist.. I will go through the steps you have already expleined and let you know..sorry to have wasted your time.. third time lucky it seems
thanks

Dave

dayveboy

working flawlessly!

Thanks

mulch

Quote from: SA™ on August 29, 2011, 01:46:15 PM
id have to install the mod to try this out tho it should work like that ill try to take a look somtime this week for you

thank you, that would be much appreciated, love the mods but its ugly with no avatars

one thing to note, the default SMF avatar shows before people upload their own, and then has an X. you may want install your mod, make a few users, give them custom avatars, then do step 1 of the 24 things, then fix the broken avatars of the users

at that point you should see the problem

thanks again, i appreciate any help you can give me and the very cool and functional mod

studiowi33

Hey all! I was looking thru my host account CP, and I found my Error Log completely filled up with:

[Mon Sep 05 18:23:14 2011] [error] [client 12.345.678.90] File does not exist: /home/theozcc1/public_html/sachat/themes/defualt, referer: http://************.cz.cc/index.php
[Mon Sep 05 18:23:05 2011] [error] [client 12.345.678.90] File does not exist: /home/theozcc1/public_html/404.shtml, referer: http://**********.cz.cc/index.php

On line 38 of the sachat/index.php file a misspelling of "default" occurs.

-s.w
SMF 2.0.2

hcfwesker

some members are complaining of an empty box on their screen, and cant get it to remove.

SA™

the ghost boxes is a known issue but im unsure what causes this yet  you can try clearing you brouser cookies?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Dblog

i installed this on 2.0 and forum hung !
pages became dead slow and chat bar was not loading at all

can this be rectified or instead of bar, can there be popup chat window

hcfwesker

Quote from: SA™ on September 06, 2011, 01:22:44 PM
the ghost boxes is a known issue but im unsure what causes this yet  you can try clearing you brouser cookies?

Yeah, that worked.   Thanx

What would be really great, was when you minimize a chat box, it goes down in the SA chat bar next to "who's online", so you know exactly who all you been chatting with, and can reopen at anytime by clicking it.

PS4DEV

SA , can you tell me where the javascript code is located , that can move the main chat window ?
I want to make the main chat window static :)

Edit: found it

nend

It has to do something with garbage in the chat cookie. I am thinking it may be related to deleted members but since I haven't been keeping up with the project since I handed it over the code might of changed so I can be wrong.

SA™

Quote from: hcfwesker on September 06, 2011, 03:59:26 PM
Quote from: SA™ on September 06, 2011, 01:22:44 PM

Yeah, that worked.   Thanx

What would be really great, was when you minimize a chat box, it goes down in the SA chat bar next to "who's online", so you know exactly who all you been chatting with, and can reopen at anytime by clicking it.

yeah this is somthing i wanted to add to the mod

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

hcfwesker

Quote from: SA™ on September 08, 2011, 10:39:02 AMyeah this is somthing i wanted to add to the mod

This is my temp work around to that, but problem is, when i get a new message chime, I have to pull each one up to see which one i got a new message in lol

Also, I went through the index.php , and found out where to list online members alphabetically in ascending order, but some members were wondering if chat messages could be reversed, instead of being at the top, conversation works downwards in the box.

And, would be really, really, nice, if members could deactivate/activate this from their profile options.   but i think I read somewhere that wasn't possible, atm.

capncraka

Installed and it's working great! However, when you have a chat window open and you move it around the page it highlights all the text on the page AND the chat window likes to dip behind the main menu bar at the top. I tried messing with the z-index a little but that didn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated!

hcfwesker

Quote from: capncraka on September 10, 2011, 05:08:41 PM
Installed and it's working great! However, when you have a chat window open and you move it around the page it highlights all the text on the page AND the chat window likes to dip behind the main menu bar at the top. I tried messing with the z-index a little but that didn't seem to work. Any help would be appreciated!

A work around I found to the entire page highlighting is, just put your cursor on the postbit box of the IM box you're moving, then hold and drag while your cursor is in the postbit box.  won't highlight anything again.   this is a good tip to let your members know as well.

SA™

QuoteAnd, would be really, really, nice, if members could deactivate/activate this from their profile options.   but i think I read somewhere that wasn't possible, atm.

it is actualy possible with a couple of edits

profile.template.php

Code (find) Select
if (empty($modSettings['disableCustomPerPage']))

Code (add before) Select
echo '
<li>
<input type="hidden" name="default_options[show_cbar]" value="0" />
<label for="show_cbar"><input type="checkbox" name="default_options[show_cbar]" id="show_cbar" value="1"', !empty($context['member']['options']['show_cbar']) ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' class="input_check" /> Disable Chat Bar</label>
</li>';

sources/sachathooks.php

uncomment
if(empty($options['show_cbar']))

it is there twice

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.