News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcfwesker

Sweet, it works.  Only thing is other members wont know who has theirs deactivated.  Maybe should had a code that shows them as offline in the messenger online list.  :)

I'm going to donate to this mod on your site once i get some funds.  Very stellar work and upkeeping of this MOD, SA.

Sci-Fi_Fan

If you're taking suggestions for this mod, it would be awesome to be able to either minimize or manually resize a chat window, just for those with a small monitor. Also, if the chat bar itself could work on top of the forum so it doesn't refresh and have to load up with every page click, that would be another welcome improvement.

Otherwise this is an awesome mod. Keep up the excellent work!
ShadowFleet.org - more than just a Star Trek RPG!

SA™

thanks hcfwesker

@Sci-Fi_Fan this is planned for the futer
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

studiowi33

Hi all--
Can anyone help with this? I just got a PM from one of my members that describes his inability to use SA Chat:

QuoteHmmm--what I'm seeing at the bottom is a link and list called USERS Online, not Who's Online--and it doesn't bring a pop-up list up when I click on it, just a list of the online users with options to either send them a regular message or a yahoo IM to the right of the name. I tried it in Safari and Firefox with pop-up blocker off. At least this will cut down on my opportunities to bother you. :)

Any help is much appreciated.

-s.w

EDIT: I'm using 2.0 final.
SMF 2.0.2

JustinG20

Hey I am having a problem getting this to work, if anyone could help I'd appreciate it big time. I have smf 2.0.1 and tinyportal. I install this and afterward i don't see it anywhere on the site. I used package manager to install it, no errors at all, will do a manual install in the meantime. Thanks in advance for any help, and if someone has tinyportal running and this I'd know its definitely on my end.

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

mulch

fyi, that is a privileged board, i can't see it

any luck with the avatar thing?

SA™

opps sorry i had permission disabled for guest

no not yet im having issue getting it to work on my local server since i reformated my hdd

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

vikingsraven

Hi brillaint mod, well done.
Is there anyway it could be made to do mulitiple chats, rather than opening several im boxes you could have mulitple peopl in the one. We need a way of chatting so all the forum members can see it.
any ideas?

krash661

I was able to install it without any problems but when I click who's online to try to start a chat the box this blank.  Any ideas why?

"The who's online section is made to be a buddy list of buddies online. I can see how this can cause some confusion.

My beta tester has ported it out by editing the query in function genBudList in 2sichat/index.php to show who's online. I may in future revisions make it optional in the control panel."

and i don't understand how to fix it. i even checked the option to show members online box in the control panel.i need a detailed walk through to fix this.can you help? im using SMF 2.0.1 and im using the template:insidious (2.0)
im frustrated,please help,thanks

danthe

great mod,but can I somehow add public channel(something like shoutbox,everyone can see what is written) as addition to this mod?

tweaka

Quote from: krash661 on September 29, 2011, 12:41:34 PM
    I was able to install it without any problems but when I click who's online to try to start a chat the box this blank.  Any ideas why?

"The who's online section is made to be a buddy list of buddies online. I can see how this can cause some confusion.

My beta tester has ported it out by editing the query in function genBudList in 2sichat/index.php to show who's online. I may in future revisions make it optional in the control panel."

and i don't understand how to fix it. i even checked the option to show members online box in the control panel.i need a detailed walk through to fix this.can you help? im using SMF 2.0.1 and im using the template:insidious (2.0)
im frustrated,please help,thanks

ditto ! very frustrating..
I have a shoutbox, that also doesnt seem to help with the whole Who's Online thing...
If there is such a shout/chat box for 2.0.1 I'd love to give a donation for it...

As for this SAChat, I get mixed and most times inaccurate results from the Who's Online... mostly though it is blank.

beanflying

Quote from: Sci-Fi_Fan on September 12, 2011, 02:13:26 PM
If you're taking suggestions for this mod, it would be awesome to be able to either minimize or manually resize a chat window, just for those with a small monitor. Also, if the chat bar itself could work on top of the forum so it doesn't refresh and have to load up with every page click, that would be another welcome improvement.

Otherwise this is an awesome mod. Keep up the excellent work!

While I know this is from several weeks ago I have changed the CSS for SA chat to do this sort of thing on my sub 1000px theme. Set width to whatever you like and it should centre on the page. Tweak left or right with padding to suit.

Find at the top of the CSS
#chat_containter{
background: url(./images/cbar.png) repeat-x;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-top: 2px;
width: 100%;
height: 25px;
position: fixed;
bottom: 0px;
left: 0px;
zIndex: 10000;

Replace with
#chat_containter{
    background: url("./images/cbar.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 transparent;
    bottom: 0;
    height: 25px;
    left: 50%;
    margin: 0 0 0 -497px;
    padding-left: 10px;
    padding-top: 2px;
    position: fixed;
    width: 985px;
z-Index: 10000;

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Also I second the option to allow hidden members to be hidden on chat as standard  :)
The other option or code to do it would be the Google +1 functionality and or G+ posting.

Understanding this is in your "spare time"  ;)
Owner of many many shiny toys.

SA™

QuoteAlso I second the option to allow hidden members to be hidden on chat as standard
i swear it doesnt show hidden members already?

QuoteThe other option or code to do it would be the Google +1 functionality and or G+ posting.

whats g posting?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

beanflying

Quote from: SA™ on November 07, 2011, 10:29:36 PM
QuoteAlso I second the option to allow hidden members to be hidden on chat as standard

Mmm possible I have some permission issues then. Hidden members could be seen be regular members and moderators and chatted to but Admins couldn't see or chat to them? Just a strange quirk to resolve. Possibly a database issue as we used to allow hidden members on 1.15 but have stopped them from being hidden on 2.0.1 currently. But it sounds like my problem  :o

Quotewhats g posting?
Like the facebook, twitter links the bar currently has available write the code for a button to do the same for google+ social media platform. I currently have a mod installed that will do the same thing and it appears in the first post of each thread but I would like to remove it and just keep your bar with the same functionality. The mod I mentioned http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3053

SA™

aha i see there some tricks here to add more social icons but no g+ yet

http://www.sa-smf.com/community/index.php?topic=1018.msg6034#msg6034

maybe this will help you to add g+ till i get an update out?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

beanflying

thanks I look forward to it because my Java programming skills are terrible ;)

nend

Quote from: beanflying on November 07, 2011, 10:46:42 PM
Quote from: SA™ on November 07, 2011, 10:29:36 PM

Mmm possible I have some permission issues then. Hidden members could be seen be regular members and moderators and chatted to but Admins couldn't see or chat to them? Just a strange quirk to resolve. Possibly a database issue as we used to allow hidden members on 1.15 but have stopped them from being hidden on 2.0.1 currently. But it sounds like my problem  :o

Admins and Global Moderators can see everyone in the chat. Nobody can hide from them because it is hard coded in the chat. There is no permission available that will deny Admins and Global Mods.

beanflying

Told you it was strange It's a little off topic as your mod is doing it's thing properly ;) I could see and chat to hidden members with my global mod account but couldn't with my admin account to the same users. Regular members were able to chat to the hidden members too.

Since fixed. I have manually changed the regular members accounts to 'visible' who used to hide online status and re enabled the permission to do so in 2.0.1 (suspect it may have been an issue with permissions in 1.1.15 that were changed after the upgrade to 2.0.1 by me to prevent being hidden as a permission. The hidden members wer still showing up in italics in the who's online but the members could still see them.

All happy anyway  :)

SA™

Rev 42 realsed

fixed sevaral errors acumalating in server error logs
fixed Elements in chat were centered and hard to read with body text-align center [thanks nend]
fixed issue with bar not showimg on some servers
fixed issue with uploaded avatars that use a custom avatar dir

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: