News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wedderweelde

Quote from: vinzbomb on February 23, 2012, 02:36:34 AM
Quote from: SA™ on February 22, 2012, 03:54:54 PM
not tested  this in ie9 yet as i dont have it installed on this pc not sure why it would affect the scroll bar realy i have to wait till next week when i get my pc back to do more testing

i can already say i doesn't work anymore on latest smf version with latest simpleportal, and with latest theme blackstorm, even with a new fresh install, doens't show up !!!!

Who is guilty ?!!  the portal, the theme, the forum version ?!!, I don't know, but is doens't work and show up anymore

thanks to help me somebody

It works fine on smf 2.0.2

leeman

iE 9 issue- I have 2 users who claim the same thing: Their up/down scroll bar becomes non-functional with chat enabled...

Ascot

Hi there. Nice mod! i love it.
But some of my users are having an issue. They can't move chat window. Why might this be happening?

SA™

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

leyon533

Can I install any IRC Chat while this mod is installed?

Ascot

they've test on chrome and firefox with same results.
It's weird, because it works in my pc, but in others don't.

hukrtrend

hi i just installed this mod, it wont work for me. i am running smf 2.0.2 and using the custom blackday theme

help ?

hukrtrend

or maybe it is woring just fine and cant find out where to start the chat

help ?

Ascot

You have a new menu in your Admin panel called SA Chat .
Make sure to use chmod option to chmod all your files.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess moving issue it's cause you may install some plugin. But wich one?

hukrtrend

Quote from: Ascot on April 17, 2012, 08:03:40 PM
You have a new menu in your Admin panel called SA Chat .
Make sure to use chmod option to chmod all your files.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess moving issue it's cause you may install some plugin. But wich one?

i love you... thank you it worked for me..  i am in debt to you

hukrtrend

question about sa chat. some of my clan members are saying they cant see the blue bar. do i need to adjust a setting. i told them to enable pop ups , still not working.

hukrtrend

alright so if i start a chat with one of my members they can see the message window but they cant start a chat with anyone else, they dont see a blue bar, at the bottom of web browser like i can. ive already set the permission to there groups so they can see it. still nothign .  help anyone ?

drroot

This is a very cool mod.
But there is some compatibility issue.

Quote from: leeman on March 08, 2012, 04:00:00 PM
iE 9 issue- I have 2 users who claim the same thing: Their up/down scroll bar becomes non-functional with chat enabled...

Yes, same story here.
The scroll bar freezes in IE9.
It is worse in IE8, the BoardIndex page and login page could not be fully loaded. Users even could not login.
When loading the forum, I got
"HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)"

After I disabled SA chat bar, everything is back to normal.

drroot

IETester is a free tool to test the IE compatibility.
http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

Quote from: drroot on May 08, 2012, 04:23:14 PM
This is a very cool mod.
But there is some compatibility issue.

Quote from: leeman on March 08, 2012, 04:00:00 PM

Yes, same story here.
The scroll bar freezes in IE9.
It is worse in IE8, the BoardIndex page and login page could not be fully loaded. Users even could not login.
When loading the forum, I got
"HTML Parsing Error: Unable to modify the parent container element before the child element is closed (KB927917)"

After I disabled SA chat bar, everything is back to normal.

PS4DEV

the chatbox displays the text content DESC , but i want to display it ASC , in the index.php i changed it already to ASC but in the body.js.php there i still have to change the ajax function to display a new written chat text at the bottom and not at the top(default), how do i do that ?

David111567

After several years of flawless service....this mod displayed the following error when my members tried to talk to each other this morning:

Fatal error: Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (gid)(index.php-244) in G:\myfakepath\htdocs\myfakepath\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 684

This started immediately after I tried to create an HTML gadget...something I have done dozens of times with this mod over the past several years.  ANy help would be appreciated. I have tried everything, including uninstalling the mod, deleting the sql tables and starting over with the same mod...and the error keeps popping up in windows next to the chat windows of my members.

Realinfo

I want to put SA Chat on just one particular page like this

http://realinfo.tv/index.php?action=chat

How to do that?

beanflying

Down the very bottom of the SAChat config menu. Enter into the box your choices of page/pages. Mine is set to everywhere because I like it that way ;)

Actions to Show Bar on (separated by comma)
to show on board index use: board_index
to show on message index use: message_index
to show on topic veiw use: topic_index
to show on all pages use: everywhere
default actions below:
post,board_index,message_index,topic_index,help,search,profile,mlist,pm,moderate,admin
Owner of many many shiny toys.

Realinfo

Can we put bar in Block of simple Portal?
if yes
how?

beanflying

Quote from: Realinfo on August 21, 2012, 09:06:19 AM
Can we put bar in Block of simple Portal?
if yes
how?

If you go back through the thread I am fairly certain there was good instructions and the code needed to run the bar off the forum itself.

Found it Remember Search is your friend ;)
Owner of many many shiny toys.

Advertisement: