News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

that happens when using urls in the chat ?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Tikkuy

Quote from: SA™ on April 29, 2013, 01:23:32 PM
that happens when using urls in the chat ?

Yes. It seems that my links aren't working properly, although I haven't seen anyone else in this topic with that problem. However, SA chat was the first mod I installed so I don't think it should be clashing with anything else (I could be wrong about this though).

SA™

kk thanks for the report ill try to take a look this weekend  :)

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Tikkuy

Quote from: SA™ on May 03, 2013, 03:05:46 PM
kk thanks for the report ill try to take a look this weekend  :)

Thanks a lot for your help! :)

Sparrow.

Hey,

I have installed the mod and I'm able to use it, however there's some errors. When I go to the administration center and I click on Gadgets I get this error:

When I click on links I get this error:

When I click on theme I get this error:

And when I click on Chmod I get this error:

What have I done wrong? And what can I do to fix this?

SA™

what version are you using?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Sparrow.

I'm using the latest SMF, 2.0.4 and the latest SA Chat version available. I also tried it on the default theme and the same happens.

SA™

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Sparrow.

Thanks, it's working now  :D
Seems like I was not using the lastest version of SA Chat after all, I had RC2. I downloaded from that link you posted now. You should update it here:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534
That's where I downloaded from :p

SA™

RC2 is the latest version the one on git hub is a dev version

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Sparrow.

Quote from: SA™ on May 08, 2013, 06:38:36 PM
RC2 is the latest version the one on git hub is a dev version
Oh I see, well the dev version seem to be working pretty good so far.  :)

skydachi2013

Hey SA, just wanted to chime in like many to thank you for developing such a great mod. I've been using the RC2 and the Dev version without any major problems and loving it.

As for minor problems though, there's one. My forum uses smf4mobile and smf4mobile-mod to do the redirect. However, as far as I have been able to implement, there's no way to disable SAChat on certain theme, and thus, it loads over the mobile theme, and it gets stuck loading forever, probably because they're both fighting over jquery. Is there any way SAChat could be set to disable itself on certain themes we can define? Or hardcode such an exception for smf4mobile?

Otherwise I'm in love, it's just right now I keep having to choose in between mobile access and decent chat, and with how many of my users lack regular PC access I had to go for mobile for the time being.

Sparrow.

Ok, I'm having a different problem now. After installing it successfully on my test SMF localhost, I tried installing it on my forum FTP and it didn't went too good :/

The SMF package manager did not install all the files and some files were missing, so I copied the files that were missing from my localhost SMF on my pc and put them in their place on the FTP and it worked. The problem now is that the chat is not updating unless I minimize it and open it again. For example if there is users online and they talk to me using the chat, I don't get any notification (no sound) and the chat window doesn't appear with their message. Also if I talk to them, what I said doesn't appear in my chat window and their  chat window. For them to see that message they have to minimize the chat window and open it again and I have to do the same, that's the only way to update the chat. Do you understand my problem?

I don't know what could be the problem. Do I need to check some settings on my DB in phpmyadmin? I've set the file permissions to 755. What is the file that handles this action? Maybe I could try to replace it with the one on my localhost SMF where the mod was working fine.

SA™

try admin/sa chat /chmod

should fix that issue

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Sparrow.

Quote from: SA™ on May 13, 2013, 08:34:06 AM
try admin/sa chat /chmod

should fix that issue
Still didn't work  :-\
I wonder if any files need to be edited? I had to install all the files manually, I just copied and pasted the files to their correct locations.

skydachi2013

Did you try checking via ftp to double check on the file permissions? If you had to install manually, it might indicate there was a conflict somewhere with how your forum install is setup. Retrace your steps on the install very carefully, especially with the additional files that SA Chat install in it's own folder on the root on the forum directory.

This actually got me pretty badly with one or two mods early on, so it's always worth going over.

SA, is there any possibility/chance of some kind of theme-sensitive auto-disable. I'm trying to hack one in there myself, but only having "progress" in the sense that it's disabled cause-its-broken kind of progress.

edit: gonna try a manual install this time, adding the SAchat theme code manually and only to the custom theme that I have running as the forum default. Maybe this might work...

SA™

and did you run the install.php?

can you check your server error logs pls not forum error logs

QuoteSA, is there any possibility/chance of some kind of theme-sensitive auto-disable. I'm trying to hack one in there myself, but only having "progress" in the sense that it's disabled cause-its-broken kind of progress.

yo mean disable the bar on certain themes?  done this last night not commited the changes to git hub yet tho

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

skydachi2013

Quote from: SA™ on May 14, 2013, 12:46:14 PM
and did you run the install.php?

can you check your server error logs pls not forum error logs

QuoteSA, is there any possibility/chance of some kind of theme-sensitive auto-disable. I'm trying to hack one in there myself, but only having "progress" in the sense that it's disabled cause-its-broken kind of progress.

yo mean disable the bar on certain themes?  done this last night not commited the changes to git hub yet tho

Your title "SMF Hero" has never been more accurate. I will be beta-testing the hell out of this when you make the commit. Thanks!

SA™

user title?

thanks i problay wont commit it just yet have a few things/issues to sort first still need to fix the lagging query

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Sparrow.

Thank you all for helping, it's working now, I don't know what was the problem. I just re-installed it again for the 3rd time manually, and it started to work ;D

EDIT: I've found the source of some of these user bugs and was able to reproduce it.

Quote from: valtergomes on December 05, 2012, 07:18:17 AM
Hey SA,

first of all, Grats for such great mod!
But.. I'm having some issues.

I've installed the version RC2 from the github, and I can see the bar, I can see who's online, but when I click to chat with someone.. It just doesn't open the window and closes the "Who's Online" window..

Do you know what's causing this?

Cheers!

Quote from: freddosensei on November 06, 2012, 08:02:28 PM
an update on my situation.

For some users, when chat is enabled they can access my forum with no issues and the chat bar is present. However, if I start a chat with them, nothing appears. Would this be a Java issue on their computer? Or a flash issue?
Seems like it won't open the chat window of any users who are using weird characters on their name or weird accents. For example if my name was "Chíd" the window would not open because of the character " í ". Just tought you'd want to know so you can fix it :p

Advertisement: