Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

Copy that, thank you, we all appreciate your time and effort for this mod. My users appreciate it even more ;) let us know when you will be done, i don't know either update it or if it's really simple just let us know the code that must be edited... Anyway thanks again for your time, good work for tomorrow in both senses if you will be able to take a look :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

welshdog

Sorry if this covers old ground but I couldn't find some of the stuff suggested as a fix.

Site: Australian Opinion

Detail: Using SMF-Default Theme under v 2.0.7 with Tiny Portal and security mods.

Installed, but chat bar didn't show up.

Loaded site in FileZilla:

Checked all permissions... 755 all the way.
Reloaded just in case... still nothing

Realised I was looking in /public_html/forum/sachat

... and had nothing labelled 2sichat or similar for me to check!

The Error log shows:

INFO   |   Undefined index: cban   |   File: /xxx/sachat/functions.php Line: 579

What do I do??

SA™

In sachat admin maintenance there is. A option called fix bar use it
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on May 20, 2014, 05:30:42 AM
Thanks for the awesome mod i really love it, one little detail... I have the "™" in my name on the forum but when i chat to someone it shows up the thing i attached... Maybe some ISO to UTF conversion problems? It happened to me only with ™ only until now but maybe it can happen with some other special characters..?
Sorry for bothering you with this little error, thanks in advance for the reply and thanks again for the mod anyway, users really love it!
Quote from: SA™ on May 20, 2014, 01:26:23 PM
I'm am aware of this bug :)
Quote from: SA™ on May 20, 2014, 02:55:32 PM
Yes sorry I will take a look tomorrow after work

Sorry for bothering you man, any updates on this?
Thanks in advance anyway :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

This looks like nice mod, but I have a few questions about a few functions:

1. What does "Admin Mode" do? I can't see any difference if I have it off or on.

2. Is there any way to include censored words from SMF?

3. When user has someone on Block list and other user tries to send a message, it's not sent, so he knows that he is in Block. Is there any way that he seas it as it was sent but the first user just doesn't get the message, so that blocked user can't know that he is being blocked?

4. What happens if someone has lots of opened chats or lots of people message him and there's no space on the bottom screen for them? How are they placed? On my screen I think I could have 6, but what if 10 people message me?

5. I will add button to each profile to start chat, so I am wondering what function should I call from my href to open chat (or maybe even check first if user has chat bar enabled)?

6. I would like to add button to disable chat bar (and after user disables it button to enable it is shown), so that's it's seen on board index. Is there any link which I can use or function to do that? I don't want to send users to their profile settings and do it there...

7. Is it possible to add timestamp to messages, so that users know when message was sent?

8. Is there any place to get more themes?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ExSpirit on May 25, 2014, 11:58:04 AM
This looks like nice mod, but I have a few questions about a few functions:

1. What does "Admin Mode" do? I can't see any difference if I have it off or on.

2. Is there any way to include censored words from SMF?

3. When user has someone on Block list and other user tries to send a message, it's not sent, so he knows that he is in Block. Is there any way that he seas it as it was sent but the first user just doesn't get the message, so that blocked user can't know that he is being blocked?

4. What happens if someone has lots of opened chats or lots of people message him and there's no space on the bottom screen for them? How are they placed? On my screen I think I could have 6, but what if 10 people message me?

5. I will add button to each profile to start chat, so I am wondering what function should I call from my href to open chat (or maybe even check first if user has chat bar enabled)?

6. I would like to add button to disable chat bar (and after user disables it button to enable it is shown), so that's it's seen on board index. Is there any link which I can use or function to do that? I don't want to send users to their profile settings and do it there...

7. Is it possible to add timestamp to messages, so that users know when message was sent?

8. Is there any place to get more themes?
I can answer a few of those...
2) No you will have to add them again in the chat config bar

3) What for? He is blocked anyway... It's like Facebook or similar...

4) Just close the older ones or when you are waiting for a reply because it will pop up again when you receive a message ;) if you have to chat with a lot of people anyway i suggest you a shoutbox...

6) It's only in the profile settings i don't think it can be done easily but i guess you should wait the author for a confirmation about it...

7) As far as i remember there is lol just when you are chatting in realtime there isn't

8) I think you should just edit your css for that... But maybe the author has some more info on it

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

Quote4. What happens if someone has lots of opened chats or lots of people message him and there's no space on the bottom screen for them? How are they placed? On my screen I think I could have 6, but what if 10 people message me?

the chat has overflow built in meaning if the width of the chat boxes is more than the berouser width it will hide the ones that overflow and it will show two green arrows to the left to cycle thrue the open chat boxes

Quote1. What does "Admin Mode" do? I can't see any difference if I have it off or on
admin see all regarless of there chat settings

Quote7. Is it possible to add timestamp to messages, so that users know when message was sent?
it shws a a time stamp on last messgae if there has been no activity after 3 mins can be changed in admin

Quote5. I will add button to each profile to start chat, so I am wondering what function should I call from my href to open chat (or maybe even check first if user has chat bar enabled)?
you can use
<a  href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:chatTo(\memberid\');return false;">

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on May 25, 2014, 08:02:28 AM
Thanks for the awesome mod i really love it, one little detail... I have the "™" in my name on the forum but when i chat to someone it shows up the thing i attached... Maybe some ISO to UTF conversion problems? It happened to me only with ™ only until now but maybe it can happen with some other special characters..?
Sorry for bothering you with this little error, thanks in advance for the reply and thanks again for the mod anyway, users really love it!

yes looking now sry for the delay

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on May 25, 2014, 08:02:28 AM

actualy there seems to be a bigger issue here it seems when your buddy has special chars in there name they cant send messages it just breaks a few things :( it gonna take a little longer to fix this one it has me stumped for now i hate these things they always get me never been too gd with special chars leave it with me for now ill get it :)

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

It actually lets me send messages and receiving them normally, the problem is only the username being shown badly... At least this applies to me. Thanks anyway for your time again. Let me know, *let us know :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

welshdog

Quote from: SA™ on May 24, 2014, 04:24:14 PM
In sachat admin maintenance there is. A option called fix bar use it

Sort of working now thanks. Just one or two small things.

Firstly I keep seeing javascript void (0) messages... why? :)

Secondly... this is a feature request... is it possible to get a group chat organised, i.e. multiple recipients?

Lastly... also maybe a feature request... is it possible to enlarge the chat box... esp with those with multiple recipients.. :D

Otherwise, seems to be working fine thanks.

ExSpirit

Great, thx for answers.

Two more things:

1) How can I check (in code in my display.template) if member has chat disabled? Because if member has chat disabled and I message him it displays in message box "undefined" (I would rather not show chat button for that member ot at least write that user has disabled chat instead of just "undefined" reply).

2) I noticed two errors on Error logs (I haven't modified anything yet):

Undefined index: cban (File: /usr/home/public_html/sachat/functions.php Line: 579)
Undefined variable: buddies (File: /usr/home/public_html/sachat/themes/default/js/body.js.php Line: 53)

SA™

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on May 25, 2014, 06:35:12 PM
It actually lets me send messages and receiving them normally, the problem is only the username being shown badly... At least this applies to me. Thanks anyway for your time again. Let me know, *let us know :)

just updated this on github should fix this issue

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks for your reply :)

Sorry to say this but I got this when I downloaded it and tried to re-upload it.
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Trying to manually upload it into packages folder changed nothing as the package is not being detected by SMF package manager. I'm gonna re-install the previous one, update again if you fix it :) additionally the size of the previous one is 100kb less than this... Idk what that could mean but I just know that it doesn't work to me at all.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

yeah download the package from there to your desktop extract it and rezip github puts the files two layers deep wich means smf can not read the package

Quoteadditionally the size of the previous one is 100kb less than this... Idk what that could mean but I just know that it doesn't work to me at all.
this one has a beta theme in same as the default but removes most jquery dependacy [this has bugs right now it is wip it included just for testing purposes]

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

LOL didn't know that XD (how could I knew it?)

Well good job it works for now and error log is clear :) I'll let you know but meantime thank you very much for the fix, for the time and effort. I will post again anyway to confirm whether it really works or not in the next days ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

*very bad news here*

After installing the new version but also trying the older one when I try to enable the load checking, doesn't matter if experimental caching is on or off it's the same. I use default theme running on smf 2.0.7
It spams *a lot* of those, I had 60 errors in a few seconds only D:

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

your host has passthru() function disabled so it won't work anyway just don't use load checking  noted I need to add checks for this

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

As always thanks for your reply. :)
A few more questions then:
  • Shall I ask them to enable it?
  • Would it be heavy for the server load?
  • What do you mean you need to add checks for that? >.< You mean you will be solving the other errors or are they just relative to the passthru function being disabled?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

i doubt the will enable it for you
well it depends realy most people do with out the load checking
i mean i need t ad checks for that passthru funtion

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.