News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

The problem is that I have already checked every box... With administrator membergroup it does show up while with my membergroup having the same permissions (full permissions) it doesn't. :(
I will try the bug fix within an hour.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Big up for the cookie fix as it works correctly! Thank you :D you can update the package when you have time ;)

As regards the other problem, as attached. As you can see my permissions are full but admin mode doesn't show up. It does show up only with Administrator default group.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

winnergirl

I apologize for intruding, but I am so frustrated. I have been searching for hours to an answer to a simple SMF question, but without any luck. I joined this forum hoping to find someone who could answers my question, but I can not find the option to post a new thread, is this because I just signed up? Again, I apologize, and thanks for your patience.

SA™

Quote from: Flavio93Zena on June 29, 2014, 09:10:59 AM
Big up for the cookie fix as it works correctly! Thank you :D you can update the package when you have time ;)

As regards the other problem, as attached. As you can see my permissions are full but admin mode doesn't show up. It does show up only with Administrator default group.

yeah my bad im sry the user has to be in the admin groupe to see that button looing at the way it handels
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

Can't you change it and create a permission setting for it? As lots of admins don't really use the "Administrator" membergroup and they prefer to create another one with the same permissions... (so just like me...)

Quote from: winnergirl on June 29, 2014, 01:23:54 PM
I apologize for intruding, but I am so frustrated. I have been searching for hours to an answer to a simple SMF question, but without any luck. I joined this forum hoping to find someone who could answers my question, but I can not find the option to post a new thread, is this because I just signed up? Again, I apologize, and thanks for your patience.
This is not the place to find an answer to your question. You posted once before this message and without even waiting for a reply in that other topic you claim to be frustrated and so on?
1-If you had like ONE MINUTE to install the mod you would have seen that it adds columns, obviously. Otherwise it would have been very stupid as a mod if the admin has to do everything manually.
2-This topic treats a totally different kind of thing.
3-A very simple search in the mods section would have redirected here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;basic_search=ads , some of them are not related to ads as the keyword is very simple but many of them are. Take your pic and ask for support where indicated, thank you.
4-This is the support board for SMF 2.0.x --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=147.0

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

QuoteCan't you change it and create a permission setting for it? As lots of admins don't really use the "Administrator" membergroup and they prefer to create another one with the same permissions... (so just like me...)

i dont realy know why i never done the permission thing before tbh :P
https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar
https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar/commit/7c4a25a6536cc6f092733e9e979eddc942a0bebf

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thank you for your reply :)
Too bad. It doesn't work to me. Here are the details:

• The first edit (Sources/SAChatHooks.php) is supposed to be at line 116, not at 122 ;)

• The Italian translation for that string is
$txt['permissionname_2sichat_bar_adminmode'] = 'Autorizzato ad utilizzare la modalit&agrave admin';

• Despite the error log is clear it doesn't seem to work for me. I had set up the permission and activated it but nothing changed unfortunately... I tried to delete the cache, logout and log back in but still nothing :( the admin mode doesn't show up.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

QuoteThe first edit (Sources/SAChatHooks.php) is supposed to be at line 116, not at 122 ;)

it could be placed there but i added it to the end of other chat permissions

QuoteThe Italian translation for that string is

thanks i updated on git hub with that

QuoteDespite the error log is clear it doesn't seem to work for me. I had set up the permission and activated it but nothing changed unfortunately... I tried to delete the cache, logout and log back in but still nothing :( the admin mode doesn't show up.

hmmm it is showing for me as regular a user you sure you have enabled group permissions in sachat admin?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: SA™ on June 29, 2014, 04:52:58 PM
QuoteThe first edit (Sources/SAChatHooks.php) is supposed to be at line 116, not at 122 ;)

it could be placed there but i added it to the end of other chat permissions
Lol then np :)

QuoteThe Italian translation for that string is
thanks i updated on git hub with that
No problem :D

QuoteDespite the error log is clear it doesn't seem to work for me. I had set up the permission and activated it but nothing changed unfortunately... I tried to delete the cache, logout and log back in but still nothing :( the admin mode doesn't show up.
hmmm it is showing for me as regular a user you sure you have enabled group permissions in sachat admin?
I'll try again and post a screenshot if it fails :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

anothen

Greetings,
I am trying to uninstall SA Chat for troubleshooting and I get an error (first image sachaterror001.png)

I plan to do a backup before I run the uninstall, I just want to check with support before I do.

The original error I am troubleshooting for is in the second image.  It seems to be a common error that I am trying to isolate.

SA™

Yup you can uninstall it and just remove that edit manualy. As for the error your getting what version of sachat you have installed?.

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

anothen

SA Chat   0.1.2 Rev102

Do you suppose that the "...  '2sichat.english' language file.  ..." has something to do with the SA Chat?

SA™

well yes cos 2sichat was the mods name before i took over the mod and that files is the language file for this mod

can you veryfi the files is there in Themes\default\languages?

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

anothen

Quote from: SA™ on July 10, 2014, 09:33:56 PM
well yes cos 2sichat was the mods name before i took over the mod and that files is the language file for this mod

can you veryfi the files is there in Themes\default\languages?

Yes, there are 42 files in the Themes/default/languages  I do not know how to verify them.
I would need to take two screenshots to show them all.

Is is safe to go ahead and uninstall the mod?  I don't know what you mean by manually removing an edit.
Please forgive my lack of experience with SMF and Mods.

SA™

QuoteYes, there are 42 files in the Themes/default/languages  I do not know how to verify them.
I would need to take two screenshots to show them all.

well you should see 2sichat.english.php if it is there just look for that name

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

anothen

Great, uninstallation successful.  I'll delete this one and download the updated version.

Thank you for your assistance.

ExSpirit

I have just noticed that if I am not logged-in, I am receiving two same errors in my firebug:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
{"STATUS":"NO ACCESS"}

How can I fix that?

I found in index.php this code:

if (!empty($modSettings['2sichat_permissions']) && empty($permission['2sichat_access']) && empty($permission['is_admin']) && empty($permission['is_mod'])) {
    $context['JSON']['STATUS'] = 'NO ACCESS'; // Sorry but you don't have access
    doOutput();
}

If I remove doOutput() error is gone, but bar is shown below (with text please login or register), but I don't want that bar to be seen by members.

------------
EDIT: I have not (temporary) solved this by adding:

if ($member_id == 0) {
    die();
}

in index.php

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sorry dude I have been in hospital and nearly died last week. I will reply as soon as I possibly can but please forgive me if I won't be very fast this time... I will be posting a topic in chit chat about this.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

Quote from: ExSpirit on July 14, 2014, 07:35:32 AM
I have just noticed that if I am not logged-in, I am receiving two same errors in my firebug:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
{"STATUS":"NO ACCESS"}

How can I fix that?

I found in index.php this code:

if (!empty($modSettings['2sichat_permissions']) && empty($permission['2sichat_access']) && empty($permission['is_admin']) && empty($permission['is_mod'])) {
    $context['JSON']['STATUS'] = 'NO ACCESS'; // Sorry but you don't have access
    doOutput();
}

If I remove doOutput() error is gone, but bar is shown below (with text please login or register), but I don't want that bar to be seen by members.

------------
EDIT: I have not (temporary) solved this by adding:

if ($member_id == 0) {
    die();
}

in index.php

this isnt a show stopper but ill look into this when i have time

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

-Captain Ghost-

Hello,
First of all thanks for this great mod No problem with this but i want to ask that if it can be used for guest also.

Thanks  ;D

Advertisement: