News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

Quote from: r4ll on July 15, 2014, 11:10:23 PM
Hello,
First of all thanks for this great mod No problem with this but i want to ask that if it can be used for guest also.

Thanks  ;D

nope
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

I will be back in a day or 2 to test any update mate, sorry for the long absence time
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

I have another problem and I'm not sure if there's something I have done or is there a bug in code:

When I open some chat in forum index and then move to another page (for example on /search/) the chat box of my friend is no longer opened. And when I go back to index it's opened. It's the same if I go to some topic and open chat there, wherever I go chat is not opened, but if I go back to that topic, chat is opened. And that's very confusing, so I am wondering how to fix this (I'm not sure but looks like cookie/session is remembering if chat is opened or not regarding page/folder/URL which I have opened)?

Ninja ZX-10RR

I don't know if this is happening with the latest let's say "beta" version but it wasn't happening to me so first I would suggest to check your version maybe? ;) ah and I will try the latest version this evening, like I said 2 days ago :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

I am using version 0.1.2 Rev102 .

Ninja ZX-10RR

This is not happening to me so it must be a problem caused by something else... Have you tried to make it work on the default theme?
Was the installation all successful or not?
*dinner time I'll reply later ;) *

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

Quote from: ExSpirit on July 18, 2014, 06:45:40 AM
I have another problem and I'm not sure if there's something I have done or is there a bug in code:

When I open some chat in forum index and then move to another page (for example on /search/) the chat box of my friend is no longer opened. And when I go back to index it's opened. It's the same if I go to some topic and open chat there, wherever I go chat is not opened, but if I go back to that topic, chat is opened. And that's very confusing, so I am wondering how to fix this (I'm not sure but looks like cookie/session is remembering if chat is opened or not regarding page/folder/URL which I have opened)?

can you try the version here

theres a few fixes there i have not updated here yet as there is still issue with php 5.5

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

ExSpirit

It's the same with this version. I have checked the cookies which are added and I think the problem is with "Path" parameter, because it's set to various pages (like /search/, /, /profile/,...) - there should always be "the same path"?

I think I fixed this problem by adding options.path = '/'; in head.js.php (before "return (document.cookie..."). Chats are now opened and closed like they should be on all pages. :)

ExSpirit

OK, 1 problem down and I find another big problem.

If I write to someone multiple messages really fast, he only gets the last one. And if he refreshes the page he sees all of them, but people won't refresh pages after every message they'll get.

Can someone try if it's the same on his forum. Do it like this:

Open chat and do this really fast - type 1, press enter, type 2, press enter, type 3, press enter, type 4, press enter, type 5, press enter,... And check what other person got - in my case only last thing I typed, so in this case 5. And if he refreshes page he gets all messages... Even refresh button on chat bar doesn't help...

SA™

Quote from: ExSpirit on July 19, 2014, 04:32:53 AM
It's the same with this version. I have checked the cookies which are added and I think the problem is with "Path" parameter, because it's set to various pages (like /search/, /, /profile/,...) - there should always be "the same path"?

I think I fixed this problem by adding options.path = '/'; in head.js.php (before "return (document.cookie..."). Chats are now opened and closed like they should be on all pages. :)

nice find thanks

Quote from: ExSpirit on July 19, 2014, 05:03:19 AM
OK, 1 problem down and I find another big problem.

If I write to someone multiple messages really fast, he only gets the last one. And if he refreshes the page he sees all of them, but people won't refresh pages after every message they'll get.

Can someone try if it's the same on his forum. Do it like this:

Open chat and do this really fast - type 1, press enter, type 2, press enter, type 3, press enter, type 4, press enter, type 5, press enter,... And check what other person got - in my case only last thing I typed, so in this case 5. And if he refreshes page he gets all messages... Even refresh button on chat bar doesn't help...

this is a known bug will try to fix this

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sorry for the delay, I totally forgot to install it this night and I was busy with the wiki xD http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=525363.0
By the way I can't see any real changes in the last version IMHO... The admin mode problem not working is still there :( additionally sometimes friends are detected only from one side (a guy can detect another one being online but the opposite doesn't work :O )

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

QuoteThe admin mode problem not working is still there
it probaly still there cos the admin mode does work for me only tested a bit with a test user

Quoteadditionally sometimes friends are detected only from one side (a guy can detect another one being online but the opposite doesn't work :O )
another known bug  but for me it seem intemittent i did patch this once but it just broke things so i undid the patch till i find a good soulution

by the way make sure you  guys are using the default theme and not the old default one that one will be remeoved soon you can use default xml for testing but it does not have everything yet this will be the new default theme as im ditching the need for jquery im about 80% there in convering it to pure js and prototype js

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Thanks for your reply...

Quote from: SA™ on July 19, 2014, 01:34:08 PM
QuoteThe admin mode problem not working is still there
it probaly still there cos the admin mode does work for me only tested a bit with a test user
As attached. Cache was cleared yesterday and I tested it until the last message... :(

Quoteadditionally sometimes friends are detected only from one side (a guy can detect another one being online but the opposite doesn't work :O )
another known bug  but for me it seem intemittent i did patch this once but it just broke things so i undid the patch till i find a good soulution
Roger... :(

by the way make sure you  guys are using the default theme and not the old default one that one will be remeoved soon you can use default xml for testing but it does not have everything yet this will be the new default theme as im ditching the need for jquery im about 80% there in convering it to pure js and prototype js
I'm using the default one not the old_default so it should work right?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

Quote from: SA™ on July 19, 2014, 05:36:50 AM
OK, great. Can you predict, when you'll be able to solve this bug? It's really annoying and chat is useless if messages are not delivered, so I hope it will be solved soon.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ExSpirit on July 20, 2014, 04:46:21 AM
Quote from: SA™ on July 19, 2014, 05:36:50 AM
OK, great. Can you predict, when you'll be able to solve this bug? It's really annoying and chat is useless if messages are not delivered, so I hope it will be solved soon.
Just leave him some time ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

B3aker

Quote from: Zaiken64 on February 01, 2014, 06:13:04 PM
I can't get it to work with smf4mobile themes. If I enable the mobile mod it blanks the screen and the only way to make it work is to disable the chat bar. Even excluding the themes specifically from the sa admin panel doesn't fix it.

I am running into this same problem. I use SMF4Mobile as the default mobile theme and it always blanks it out and only thing that pops up is the chat bar trying to load. I tried to disable it on that theme in the SA Chat settings but it still pops up. Other than that, I love this mod and it's exactly what I want in a chat feature for my online gaming forum :) Any chance though that this will be fixed in a later update?
PSX4Central Since 1999, quite possibly the oldest PlayStation Community on the net

Ninja ZX-10RR

I already warn you mate that I will not be able to test this for you as my forum is not meant to be browsed by the cellphone so this time you are on your own :( (SA™)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

Quote from: B3aker on July 20, 2014, 11:52:11 AM
Quote from: Zaiken64 on February 01, 2014, 06:13:04 PM
I can't get it to work with smf4mobile themes. If I enable the mobile mod it blanks the screen and the only way to make it work is to disable the chat bar. Even excluding the themes specifically from the sa admin panel doesn't fix it.

I am running into this same problem. I use SMF4Mobile as the default mobile theme and it always blanks it out and only thing that pops up is the chat bar trying to load. I tried to disable it on that theme in the SA Chat settings but it still pops up. Other than that, I love this mod and it's exactly what I want in a chat feature for my online gaming forum :) Any chance though that this will be fixed in a later update?
The mod will most Lilly not work on Mobil phones it was never coded to how are you excluding the theme in sachat admin just need to put theme I'd on its own in the box

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

JoeBrodsky

This mod works great! However I ran into only one problem.  For some reason the home button on my website doesn't get sent to the back like the other buttons. 

See the picture below

Ninja ZX-10RR

Any chance to try if with the default theme it works? :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: