My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Isa.F

Quote from: Isa.F on August 03, 2014, 06:56:30 AM
Hello! I'm having a new problem with this mod.

It's not synchronized with the forum loggin! The members are logged in the forum, but the chat bar still says:

" Welcome, Guest. Please login or register."

how can I solve this?

Thank you!

Hi again!!

I'm having the same problem over and over again...

Every time that I make some change in the package area, I get the same problem... I'm online in the forum but offline in the chat... Every time that this happens I have to uninstall all the mods because even when I uninstall only the new mod, still I cant synchronize the chat with the forum, and only when I uninstall all the mods and install again, then the chat Is ok again...

But this cant continuous to happen because in 3 days I've already install and uninstall all the mods 5 times...

I have inclusive re-install all the forum fresh, and then install the mods one by one and all  is ok, but when I install another mod and the chat then turn off...

And yes, I tried to uninstall the new mod  and had the same problem but this time I tired to uninstall and reinstall all the mods every time that I make some change in the forum...

I discovered that this problem ONLY appends in IE, because in chrome and firefox everything is always fine and always without problems!

So, something in the mod must be causing this bug in IE! 

I like this mod so much! I want to keep it, but if this keeping happening, I will have to give up... I cant always keeping install and uninstall everything, not when the problem is only in IE, that makes me believe that there must be a bug in the mod...

Sorry for this text, but I am really frustrated because I really want to make this work on IE...

Note:
I am using SMF 2.0.8
MOD from here https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar
I tried to clean the cache, in the forum, in the SAChat menu, and even in the IE, don't work, still offline
I never got errors never, not in the error logs of SAChatbar, not in the forum errors, not even in installation
I tried the option "Fix Bar", the bar appears, but I'm steel offline, and online in forum
I uninstall and reinstall many times and always without any error...  but still offline... 

Need a little help...  :-[

Thank you!  ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Ever wondered that the problem is IE itself being a crappy browser (not only IMO, this is said everywhere including this topic) as all the other ones actually work with it?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Isa.F

Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 07, 2014, 10:49:29 PM
Ever wondered that the problem is IE itself being a crappy browser (not only IMO, this is said everywhere including this topic) as all the other ones actually work with it?

Yes, maybe the problem is that IE is a crappy browser, but still there are many members off my forum that use IE, so, the forum must be able to function in IE too... 

Ninja ZX-10RR

You might want to link them these:
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/testing-webpages-on-different-browsers.jpg (exactly your case :) )
http://global3.memecdn.com/ie_o_950486.jpg bit hilarious but still on topic as regards browsers operating with SMF and internet in general :P
http://www.developermemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_maz1zoBF7X1ra9a3to1_500.jpg true story!!!
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

Isa.F....

what version of IE is failing for you?   because it seems to work just fine on my system in ie11.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

I can't test it on mine as my IE doesn't even show google. Nice.

Being serious they can try to update their browsers, because if Kindred said that it works on ie 11 it should work on your forum too...

*wonders how a guy with ie 9 or similar can even browse the internet or use a forum properly..*

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

nend

Doesn't make any sense.

Either

1. IE is caching the chat, if that was the case the chat wouldn't display at all since the header information would be displayed and body information never loaded.

2. Cookie problems. Which actually makes the most sense.
  A. If you own the domain try setting cookies to global.
  B. Possible "Do Not Track" junk. When I had the chat it was not equipped to deal with it. I have been out of the loop for a while so a possible browser, mod or SMF software change dealing with cookies could be the problem.

If your users are running with "Do Not Track" on in their browser I am sure they run into problems on other sites as well.

Problem is more than likely cookie related, don't have time to investigate. More than likely a mod, when you uninstall it it allows the cookie to go through then all is working great til the cookie is purged or expires.

SA™

in ie it works for me on my test site
there is a conflict witht the mods on that site  i see in ie it looks like the cookie dont get set but it does just dont show in dev console weird
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

nend

Quote from: SA™ on August 08, 2014, 11:29:05 AM
there is a conflict witht the mods on that site  i see in ie it looks like the cookie dont get set but it does just dont show in dev console weird

That is what I noticed. Not by a computer but using Chrome for Android I notice there is no cookie for the site which may mean the site is using sessions only. Some mod the op installed modified/broke the cookie system for SMF.

It has been a while, but I believe SMF can run off from sessions only if needed, but the chat can't. Since the chat uses SMF's cookie for validation, the absence of the cookie would make the chat think the user isn't logged in.

Isa.F

Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 07, 2014, 11:04:27 PM
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/testing-webpages-on-different-browsers.jpg (exactly your case :) )
http://global3.memecdn.com/ie_o_950486.jpg bit hilarious but still on topic as regards browsers operating with SMF and internet in general :P
http://www.developermemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/tumblr_maz1zoBF7X1ra9a3to1_500.jpg true story!!!

Thank you for making me laugh and break for moments my frustration!  :D

Well, I have to tell you that today the chat is working perfectly !

Yesterday I tried everything like clean cookies of IE, clean de IE temporary files , clean cookies from the site, everything that I coud do, I have done... And nothing worked!

But then, I turned off my computer, and in the moment that I turn it on, there it was the chat working perfectly!!  :D

Im very happy that the chat is working again, but still I cant understand why the chat simply turn off when I even logout from the site!

In all times that I had this bug in the chat, I was always logged in the site and logged in de chat, and always the bug appears when I make some change in another mod... I can't understand what makes this bug show up and what makes the bug disappear turning off the computer...  ???

nend

Quote from: Isa.F on August 08, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 07, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

Well, I have to tell you that today the chat is working perfectly !

Yesterday I tried everything like clean cookies of IE, clean de IE temporary files , clean cookies from the site, everything that I coud do, I have done... And nothing worked!

But then, I turned off my computer, and in the moment that I turn it on, there it was the chat working perfectly!!  :D

Im very happy that the chat is working again, but still I cant understand why the chat simply turn off when I even logout from the site!

In all times that I had this bug in the chat, I was always logged in the site and logged in de chat, and always the bug appears when I make some change in another mod... I can't understand what makes this bug show up and what makes the bug disappear turning off the computer...  ???

The chat uses SMF's cookie based login system and user database. There is no synchronization between the two because they use the same system.

SMF has another system though which the chat doesn't take advantage of. It is the session based system used for browsers that do not support cookies. This system is being used mainly on your site which is awkward. Reasoning though something is breaking the cookie system, either it be a server setting or mod.

Your sites login system is halfway broken. This is not a bug in the chat system.

SA™

Quote from: nend on August 08, 2014, 12:47:50 PM
Quote from: SA™ on August 08, 2014, 11:29:05 AM

That is what I noticed. Not by a computer but using Chrome for Android I notice there is no cookie for the site which may mean the site is using sessions only. Some mod the op installed modified/broke the cookie system for SMF.

It has been a while, but I believe SMF can run off from sessions only if needed, but the chat can't. Since the chat uses SMF's cookie for validation, the absence of the cookie would make the chat think the user isn't logged in.

Yeah that would make sense I also forgot this setting

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

ExSpirit

SA™, when do you think this mod will be stable and ready for "final release" which will be published on SMF Mod Site?

Isa.F

Quote from: nend on August 08, 2014, 05:03:46 PM
The chat uses SMF's cookie based login system and user database. There is no synchronization between the two because they use the same system.

SMF has another system though which the chat doesn't take advantage of. It is the session based system used for browsers that do not support cookies. This system is being used mainly on your site which is awkward. Reasoning though something is breaking the cookie system, either it be a server setting or mod.

Your sites login system is halfway broken. This is not a bug in the chat system.

Hi nend! Thak's for your quick and clear reply! ;)

But tell me something: what can I do to know what is failing in the login system?

Thank's! :)

EDIT: I already changed de chat bar color! :) I did as Ninja said ;)

Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 03, 2014, 11:59:37 PM
If she wants to change the color of the bar she doesn't have to change the css, she has to edit the cbar.png icon that is in {forum folder}/sachat/themes/default/images ;) it is a 1*32 pixels image repeated until the end of the screen. :)

Thank's ;)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Isa.F on August 08, 2014, 01:30:27 PM
You're welcome ;) I have like 90 mods installed so I pretty much know how you were feeling :P

Quote from: Isa.F on August 09, 2014, 05:43:14 AM
If she wants to change the color of the bar she doesn't have to change the css, she has to edit the cbar.png icon that is in {forum folder}/sachat/themes/default/images ;) it is a 1*32 pixels image repeated until the end of the screen. :)
Thank's ;)
You're welcome again :D

As regards the login system... Have you tried renaming the cookies? Maybe? I'm not a real expert about cookies, I have more ideas but I'd rather shut up than providing possibly wrong answers.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

nend

Quote from: Isa.F on August 09, 2014, 05:43:14 AM
Quote from: nend on August 08, 2014, 05:03:46 PM

Hi nend! Thak's for your quick and clear reply! ;)

But tell me something: what can I do to know what is failing in the login system?

Thank's! :)

EDIT: I already changed de chat bar color! :) I did as Ninja said ;)

Thank's ;)

A list of mods used on the site may help track it down to a mod if the problem is mod related.

You may also want to contact your host and see if they have been having any server issues.

If you have any errors in your SMF or server error log about headers, please post them as they can be related to this issue.

SA™

QuoteIf you have any errors in your SMF or server error log about headers, please post them as they can be related to this issue.

this mod does not log into smf error logs never has so i built my own error logging system sachat admin/ error logs.
though it does not seem to log all errors the other error will be found in server error logs as you said

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: ExSpirit on August 09, 2014, 05:30:07 AM
SA™, when do you think this mod will be stable and ready for "final release" which will be published on SMF Mod Site?

im working hard to fix all these issue i only have sundays realy to code these days working 2 jobs right now
i will not give a date for next realse here just yet i have some holiday coming up in a few weeks hopfully i can work on this more then

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: SA™ on August 09, 2014, 04:19:10 PM
Quote from: ExSpirit on August 09, 2014, 05:30:07 AM

im working hard to fix all these issue i only have sundays realy to code these days working 2 jobs right now
i will not give a date for next realse here just yet i have some holiday coming up in a few weeks hopfully i can work on this more then
Don't rush, we will wait, in the meantime it's already awesome and functional :D It's better to take your time rather than getting a white screen while testing ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: