SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExSpirit

Quote from: SA™ on August 09, 2014, 04:19:10 PM
im working hard to fix all these issue i only have sundays realy to code these days working 2 jobs right now
i will not give a date for next realse here just yet i have some holiday coming up in a few weeks hopfully i can work on this more then
Oh OK, I hope you'll be able to complete it soon.

Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 09, 2014, 04:28:17 PM
Don't rush, we will wait, in the meantime it's already awesome and functional :D It's better to take your time rather than getting a white screen while testing ;)
True, but it's good to have something stable and finished and then slowly do improvements. Having bad mod published is not OK, it's better if it's marked as beta then, so that people don't use it on live sites.

Isa.F

Quote from: nend on August 09, 2014, 11:11:24 AM
A list of mods used on the site may help track it down to a mod if the problem is mod related.

I will PM you the list of mods...  :)

You may also want to contact your host and see if they have been having any server issues.

My host said that there were no erros...

If you have any errors in your SMF or server error log about headers, please post them as they can be related to this issue.

Do you mean this?:

[Fri Aug 08 01:19:41.336008 2014] [:error] [pid 16187] [client XXXXXXXXXXXX] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/pedacinh/public_html/sachat/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://pedacinhos-de-nos.net/index.php?action=admin;area=sachat;sa=maintain;c4c47d7a=b14201068c12e90f4ead292c35a6f470
[Fri Aug 08 01:19:41.335879 2014] [:error] [pid 17184] [client XXXXXXXXXXXX] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/pedacinh/public_html/sachat/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://pedacinhos-de-nos.net/index.php?action=admin;area=sachat;sa=maintain;c4c47d7a=b14201068c12e90f4ead292c35a6f470
[Fri Aug 08 01:19:37.400182 2014] [:error] [pid 16187] [client XXXXXXXXXXXX] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/pedacinh/public_html/sachat/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://pedacinhos-de-nos.net/index.php?action=admin;area=sachat;c4c47d7a=b14201068c12e90f4ead292c35a6f470
[Fri Aug 08 01:19:37.399813 2014] [:error] [pid 17184] [client XXXXXXXXXXXX] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/pedacinh/public_html/sachat/index.php" is writeable by group, referer: http://pedacinhos-de-nos.net/index.php?action=admin;area=sachat;c4c47d7a=b14201068c12e90f4ead292c35a6f470

All the server errors are related to SA Chat...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ExSpirit on August 11, 2014, 04:15:08 AM
Quote from: NinjaZX10RR on August 09, 2014, 04:28:17 PM
Don't rush, we will wait, in the meantime it's already awesome and functional :D It's better to take your time rather than getting a white screen while testing ;)
True, but it's good to have something stable and finished and then slowly do improvements. Having bad mod published is not OK, it's better if it's marked as beta then, so that people don't use it on live sites.
This is not really clear.
If you meant that this mod is "bad" like you said, I will kindly ask you to show some respect to the mod author as this is one of the hardest mod to be created on the mod site. If that was a general sentence just ignore my previous one.

By the way you can easily see the progresses that this mod has made since people started reporting bugs (as everybody should do instead of silently complaining *not referred to you*), especially in the last pages of this thread you can see how many updates have been pushed by myself, including the Italian translation of the mod. Report stuff and wait, SA™ will work on them and I trust him 100% on that as he proved many times he does care about it. :)

Quote from: Isa.F on August 11, 2014, 05:26:48 AM
A list of mods used on the site may help track it down to a mod if the problem is mod related.
I will PM you the list of mods...  :)
Next time just post it ;) use PMs only if you want to tell something to someone in particular, if you PM your mods list only the one who received it will be able to help you. Check this out as well: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=482951.0 (despite in my case I said to feel free so.. ;) )

Quote from: Isa.F on August 11, 2014, 05:26:48 AM
My host said that there were no erros...

If you have any errors in your SMF or server error log about headers, please post them as they can be related to this issue.

Do you mean this?:
I think so... Hmmm... Have you tried changing your folder permissions? Try to set it to 777 for a while and see if the problem goes away (it's just for testing purposes) :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 11, 2014, 08:33:53 AM
This is not really clear.
If you meant that this mod is "bad" like you said, I will kindly ask you to show some respect to the mod author as this is one of the hardest mod to be created on the mod site. If that was a general sentence just ignore my previous one.

By the way you can easily see the progresses that this mod has made since people started reporting bugs (as everybody should do instead of silently complaining *not referred to you*), especially in the last pages of this thread you can see how many updates have been pushed by myself, including the Italian translation of the mod. Report stuff and wait, SA™ will work on them and I trust him 100% on that as he proved many times he does care about it. :)
I meant "bad" because it is not finished and can cause more damage as use on someones live site. It takes to many server resources (404 calls), and some chat are not delivered,... With only those two bugs the mod doesn't do what it should do. I have wrote about those bugs here.

Ninja ZX-10RR

No it doesn't. Otherwise the mod wouldn't have been approved at all. But of course you know better than the team itself... *shrugs*
I have installed it and it's running on my forum with no issues except the aforementioned bugs, that are not "bad" bugs anyway. Ah, the chats are delivered, it's probably your heartbeat setting set too high.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

Ninja ZX-10RR, I am not saying this to make this mod look bad or show disrespect to authors or anything like that. I am saying that so that this mod can be improved. Don't think that if you think it runs OK that it really is OK - and even before you test the reported bug... Maybe something has already been fixed in new version, but that version is not yet on official mod site (I don't know why), so I can't comment on those versions. But the one on SMF mod site has problems with 404 calls at every heartbeat and that crashed my VPS (well make it very slow over some period of time and I got a warning from server administrators), and second problem which I mentioned is not delivering all messages - you can try it yourself write something and sent on chat and then write something again really fast (less than heartbeat) and the other user won't get previous message... Only last one. I can make heartbeat 1 second or maybe less and this would be partly solved but then server would be overloaded with heartbeats...

Ninja ZX-10RR

As you are not listening I will not be commenting any further about the issues with you.
Anyway the message gets delivered after the next heartbeat. If you are experiencing troubles that means that you either have an overselling host or a conflict with another mod.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

ExSpirit,
Just to reiterate...

The mod installs just fine
the mod works just fine.
there are no 404 errors on my installation
this mod has not broken anything on the sites that I have it installed on.

**ANY** chat is going to use more server resources than a standard forum, because of the nature of "chat"

If any of the above is different for you, then there is some issue with your particular forum/site - probably due to a conflict with another mod as already noted.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

nend

@ExSpirit
The 404s are more than likely caused by a server overload or incorrect server settings.

These are the list of mods sent via PM.

1. SA Chat 0.1.2 Rev102 
2. More Spiders 1.2 
3. SMFPacks Shoutbox 1.0.5   
4. Project Snow 1.2 1.2   
5. View Only Boards 1.2c   
6. Tabbed smileys 0.3.99b   
7. Hide Images from Guests 2.0 
8. WYSIWYG Quick Reply 2.3   
9. Google Analytics Code 1.4 
10. Users Online Today 2.1   
11. Welcome Topic Mod 2.2   
12. MetaTags Modification 2.0.2   
13. Aeva Media 1.4w
14. IP-Address Tracer 1.0   
15. Default Avatar 2.3 
16. Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio 7.2 
17. Curve mobile mod 1.1.1 
18. reCAPTCHA for SMF 0.9.9   
19. Ad Managment 3.2   
20. Active Members In Topic 1.8 
21. Related Topics 1.401   
22. Email Inactive Users 1.1   
23. Member Color Link 3.1   
24. PM to New Members

@others

I still don't believe it is related to the chat mod. Possible manual edit or mod edit that caused this problem.

I am thinking, theory though...
1. Malformed headers being rejected by browser
2. Something is outputting before SMF is able to take control of the OB, possible host or code changes to SMF by mod or manual edit.

ExSpirit

I don't know why are you now so offensive about this, because those two problems ware confirmed by SA™ and he wrote that some day he will fix them? If you have "empty forum" and think things work just because you don't see them...Well you might be very wrong guys...

Quote from: SA™ on July 19, 2014, 05:36:50 AM
Quote from: ExSpirit on July 19, 2014, 04:32:53 AM
It's the same with this version. I have checked the cookies which are added and I think the problem is with "Path" parameter, because it's set to various pages (like /search/, /, /profile/,...) - there should always be "the same path"?

I think I fixed this problem by adding options.path = '/'; in head.js.php (before "return (document.cookie..."). Chats are now opened and closed like they should be on all pages. :)

nice find thanks

Quote from: ExSpirit on July 19, 2014, 05:03:19 AM
OK, 1 problem down and I find another big problem.

If I write to someone multiple messages really fast, he only gets the last one. And if he refreshes the page he sees all of them, but people won't refresh pages after every message they'll get.

Can someone try if it's the same on his forum. Do it like this:

Open chat and do this really fast - type 1, press enter, type 2, press enter, type 3, press enter, type 4, press enter, type 5, press enter,... And check what other person got - in my case only last thing I typed, so in this case 5. And if he refreshes page he gets all messages... Even refresh button on chat bar doesn't help...

this is a known bug will try to fix this

Quote from: SA™ on August 02, 2014, 02:45:22 PM
Quote from: ExSpirit on August 02, 2014, 12:54:41 AM
Today I received notice from my system administrator that server is very loaded because of this mod. Only I am using new forum in development and this script made around 300.000 calls to 404 page. Here is the part of log file:

Quote...
XX.XX.XX.XX - - [01/Aug/2014:10:18:11 +0200] "GET /sachat/index.php?action=heart&_=1406879113686 HTTP/1.1" 404 905 "http://myforumdomain/moderate/?area=index" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0"
XX.XX.XX.XX - - [01/Aug/2014:10:18:16 +0200] "GET /sachat/index.php?action=heart&_=1406873565205 HTTP/1.1" 404 905 "http://myforumdomain/groups/?sa=requests" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0"
XX.XX.XX.XX - - [01/Aug/2014:10:18:24 +0200] "GET /sachat/index.php?action=heart&_=1406873529324 HTTP/1.1" 404 905 "http://myforumdomain/profile/?area=account;u=2;save" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0"
XX.XX.XX.XX - - [01/Aug/2014:10:18:27 +0200] "GET /sachat/index.php?action=heart&_=1406879113687 HTTP/1.1" 404 905 "http://myforumdomain/moderate/?area=index" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/31.0"
XX.XX.XX.XX - - [01/Aug/2014:10:18:28 +0200] "GET /sachat/index.php?action=heart&_=1406873296009 HTTP/1.1" 404 905 "http://myforumdomain/calendar" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.125 Safari/537.36"

The problem is, that those pages exists and work, but I don't know why those calls are getting 404 and load the server - with just me, what will happen when 100,1000 people at once will stay on forum, it will crash in a second.

this maybe be fixed on github

Kindred

How am I being offensive?

yes, there are minor things that need to be tweaked. However, your statement that this mod breaks the forum is excessive and untrue.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ExSpirit

When I tested this on my own (so only 1 user) I received in a few weeks 275.410 404 error calls from this mod (like I already wrote here). Imagine what would it be with 100, 1000,... members using it. And you think this is healthy for a server?

Arantor

Of course it's not healthy for a server. However other people are not getting the same symptoms with the mod, suggesting that it is some confluence of the mod and your specific configuration.

nend

Quote from: nend on August 11, 2014, 01:15:13 PM
@ExSpirit
The 404s are more than likely caused by a server overload or incorrect server settings.

Server... Host, vps, environment, resources, misconfiguration... Server.

You already figured the problem out, you said the mod overloaded the VPS. Simple page exist, overloaded server equals 404s. Simple the environment isn't suitable, chat is causing a DOS.

I believe it is in the disclaimer.

Think of it like NOS on a 4 banger. Not really made for speed but we are pushing it to do something that is more better suited for a different setup. Truth having a separate chat server is the most reliable. This is basically a poor mans way of delivering a chat interface. It may overload most server, but allot cheaper if it works than paying the extra cash for a dedicated chat server.

Forum.KaylieLove

I installed the Chat and it works great.  But it seems a tad hidden at the bottom.  (My thoughts and told by users)  I am using Simple Portal and wanted to create a block and put the chat inside it.  Is this possible?  Is it possible to move the location of the chat bar?  I am a bit new to this, so abe nice... He he, any help and suggestions would be awesome.  Thanks!

Lots of Love,
  ~Kaylie Love

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Forum.KaylieLove on August 18, 2014, 03:53:39 PM
I installed the Chat and it works great.  But it seems a tad hidden at the bottom.  (My thoughts and told by users)  I am using Simple Portal and wanted to create a block and put the chat inside it.  Is this possible?  Is it possible to move the location of the chat bar?  I am a bit new to this, so abe nice... He he, any help and suggestions would be awesome.  Thanks!

Lots of Love,
  ~Kaylie Love
Hi and welcome to SMF!
What you are asking is extremely hard I think and it might need a major overhaul of the mod's code, maybe the mod author would apply for it but it's really hard to move the stuff to make them work with SimplePortal and some custom themes (if you have any).

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Forum.KaylieLove

Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 19, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

Lots of Love,
  ~Kaylie Love
Hi and welcome to SMF!
What you are asking is extremely hard I think and it might need a major overhaul of the mod's code, maybe the mod author would apply for it but it's really hard to move the stuff to make them work with SimplePortal and some custom themes (if you have any).

Thanks for the info.  I will live with it at the bottom of the forum.

I have read through these topics and can't figure out the coding to fix 2 issues with SA Chat:

1.  Chat keeps appearing on multiple pages, even when user is offline and we haven't chatted for days.  And conversation that starts when I am browsing one page doesn't carry over to the chat box with the same user when I am on another page. 

2.  How can I change the order of the messages?  (i.e.  newest message appears first.  Instead of having to scroll down each time)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Forum.KaylieLove on August 25, 2014, 06:55:11 PM
Quote from: Ninja ZX-10RR on August 19, 2014, 04:07:46 PM

Lots of Love,
  ~Kaylie Love
Hi and welcome to SMF!

Thanks for the info.  I will live with it at the bottom of the forum.
You're welcome :)

I have read through these topics and can't figure out the coding to fix 2 issues with SA Chat:

1.  Chat keeps appearing on multiple pages, even when user is offline and we haven't chatted for days.  And conversation that starts when I am browsing one page doesn't carry over to the chat box with the same user when I am on another page. 
This makes me think that you didn't actually read everything since this has been reported multiple times by many users (including my own self)

2.  How can I change the order of the messages?  (i.e.  newest message appears first.  Instead of having to scroll down each time)
Hm, don't know if it's possible. I'll leave you on SA™ on this one ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Forum.KaylieLove

Ninja ZX-10RR... I apologize if I have missed that section.  I read through the pages again and I think I found something you are referring to.   Are you referring to this:

It's the same with this version. I have checked the cookies which are added and I think the problem is with "Path" parameter, because it's set to various pages (like /search/, /, /profile/,...) - there should always be "the same path"?

I think I fixed this problem by adding options.path = '/'; in head.js.php (before "return (document.cookie..."). Chats are now opened and closed like they should be on all pages. :)

If so, where can I find the head.js.php file?  (he he, I truly am trying)

Lots of Love,
  ~Kaylie Love

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Forum.KaylieLove on August 25, 2014, 08:17:56 PM
Ninja ZX-10RR... I apologize if I have missed that section.  I read through the pages again and I think I found something you are referring to.   Are you referring to this:

If so, where can I find the head.js.php file?  (he he, I truly am trying)

Lots of Love,
  ~Kaylie Love
Sorry for the late reply my router decided to black out for an hour making me swear quite a lot...
You can follow that procedure by editing that file {your forum root folder}/sachat/themes/{theme you are using, hopefully default}/js/head.js or either download and replace your file with this one that is the same file edited that way already :)
*attached*

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: