News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

new version 0.1.3 realsed
fixes something for the fast typers now all messages should be shown instead of just last one
https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar/blob/master/Changlog.txt
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

I have been the 2nd to download it lol and... Thanks for the update... Wow *-* works like a charm and even better than before! Good job mate!
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

Quote from: SA™ on August 31, 2014, 07:31:16 PM
fixes something for the fast typers now all messages should be shown instead of just last one
This still doesn't work. If I type fast 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. The other person only gets 1, 2, 3, 5. So some text is still missing. Now I tried sending 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and the other person only got 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9. So two messages are missing.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I tried exactly the same thing and it worked here.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

Quote from: ExSpirit on September 01, 2014, 03:46:00 AM
This still doesn't work. If I type fast 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. The other person only gets 1, 2, 3, 5. So some text is still missing. Now I tried sending 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and the other person only got 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9. So two messages are missing.

dam i suk :P
funny thing i had this update ready for about a week cos i was testing it and never even notice this till after i realse it

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

konstantinos2424

Hello, I installed the newest version and now I cannot receive any message from anyone...This happens with every profile. Thanks!

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: konstantinos2424 on September 01, 2014, 02:05:33 PM
Hello, I installed the newest version and now I cannot receive any message from anyone...This happens with every profile. Thanks!
You should provide more details in order to get assistance... SMF version for example (upgrade to 2.0.8 if you are running an older one). Errors in the error log? Was the install completely successful? Did you uninstall the older version before installing the newer one... Right? :)
Looking at the license file I can attach it without having troubles so in the meantime you can install the older one that I attach for you.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kimmie

I installed this but I don't see anything. How do we use it? Where is it at? There are no images on the mod page so I don't even know where this is at on the site.

Thanks

SA™

there is images here
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534

also if i dont show after install goto sachat admin maintenence and run the fix bar option

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Kimmie

Thanks, but I meant mods on how to use it. That 1st image is way to small to see, but I assume it is the chat bar. How do I get that chat bar to even show up?

Ninja ZX-10RR

There is a whole dedicated menu in the admin section... That's... Strange that you didn't see it...  Admin --> SA Chat and then you have a boatload of settings there :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

Quote from: SA™ on September 01, 2014, 01:36:56 PM

funny thing i had this update ready for about a week cos i was testing it and never even notice this till after i realse it
Oh, so you already have the fix for this but forgot to add it to latest version? Can you write what part of code to change or maybe attach the file which is responsible for this problem here? If you will update the file on mod page, please just write which file(s) are changed, so that I can just replace those files not all of them. Thx.

Ninja ZX-10RR

It takes like 30 seconds to reinstall it... Is it because of some custom edits?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ExSpirit

Yep, if I make full reinstall I always have to make the same changes again (in some files - which are maybe not even changed).

SA™

Quote from: ExSpirit on September 02, 2014, 02:08:49 AM
Quote from: SA™ on September 01, 2014, 01:36:56 PM

Oh, so you already have the fix for this but forgot to add it to latest version? Can you write what part of code to change or maybe attach the file which is responsible for this problem here? If you will update the file on mod page, please just write which file(s) are changed, so that I can just replace those files not all of them. Thx.

err kinda have a fix now it shows all messages but in wrong order i dont know why yet it is llike jquery puts the messages in random order for some reason still looking into this one

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

OK here's the fix it rather simple really ditch the updatemsg() function.
chatTo() function can Handel both it seems

sachat/themes/default/js/body.js

replace updatemsg(u,id); with chatTo(this);

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

ExSpirit

Great, as much as I tested it works great now. Thank you.  ;D

nend

Quote from: SA™ on September 02, 2014, 11:51:46 PM
OK here's the fix it rather simple really ditch the updatemsg() function.
chatTo() function can Handel both it seems

sachat/themes/default/js/body.js

replace updatemsg(u,id); with chatTo(this);

Quite allot of work and code changes. I seen a problem with this, but after looking at the code the chatto function isn't what it used to be.

Great work. I would of examined more, on mobile, a real pain trying to connect with 3G.

Kimmie

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 02, 2014, 12:31:56 AM
There is a whole dedicated menu in the admin section... That's... Strange that you didn't see it...  Admin --> SA Chat and then you have a boatload of settings there :)

None that help me. The options are to do things like "disable bar". How do I disable something I cant see in the first place?

SA™

Quotealso if it dont show after install goto sachat admin maintenence and run the fix bar option

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: