News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

Mod updated SA Chat 0.1.4

Simplefied themes a little more all you need is images and css and you have a basic theme other stuff like template, sounds and languages are optional attached is an example basic theme
fixed Fast chat glitch part 2
removed all instances and calls to updatemsg
removed seprate heart beat for each chat window this never realy worked too well and was broken even more after the last update
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

Oh, cool. What about the attachment though? How to get it to work? Simply substitute each file?
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

the atached theme is an example of what you need for a basic theme to install that theme you can do in sachat admin/theme although it is just the same as the default theme it just there as an example

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Oh cool then, thanks again then :D sorry thinking about it twice it was actually a stupid question... Of course I have to use it from admin/theme... >_< I wonder what was going on in my brain when I asked it xD
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

pevanis

Hi.
Some help please :-(
I have some problem i had last time during instaling new version :-(.
SMF 2.0.8
STEPS
1. SAchat 0.1.1 Rev101 was deinstaled
2. upload SAChatBar0.1.4
3. install mode was OK -  install completely successful

There's no SAchat bar on my forum.
- FIX BAR in Firefox 32.0 produce  -  'Not Implemented GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

- SAchat - error log:
INFO

Undefined index: cban

File: /home/***/public_html/sachat/functions.php
Line: 576

- FIX BAR in IE10 produce -
This error (HTTP 501 Not Implemented or HTTP 505 Version Not Supported) means that the website you are visiting doesn't currently have the ability to display the webpage, or support the HTTP version used to request the page.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Who is your host? I bet you are hosted on GoDaddy... If you are - the forum is full of people complaining about the fact that SMF is having issues with their servers since they are misconfigured and their support lacks of knowledge in most cases. Have a word with your host and ask them to disable mod_security, if they don't just bug them until they do (if you are on GoDaddy you must get at least to their level 3 support or either 4) since that causes a lot of errors and maybe this one too from those errors it might be related to it.
P.s. That mod causes problems since SMF can do what that mod does all itself and this creates a conflict. It's not SMF's fault, usually hosts keep that disabled but at GoDaddy they seem to love it.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

pevanis

Thanks a lot. :) I'll try to contact hosting.
But last time i had some trouble during update and there was something in the css i don't remember. what
I'll be back with more info after contacting the host .
forum is  hosted by Hetzner Online AG
Hostname: zadar.totohost.hr
Nameservers: ns2.totohost.com, ns1.totohost.com
ISP: HETZNER ONLINE AG

Bob La Londe

I am on a host that allows me to configure mostly as I need to, and I have a fully functioning C-panel. 

I assigned permissions as 755 for all files. 

I clicked on FIX Chat Bar. 

I am runing 2.0.8

Current theme is default - curve

Chat bar does not show up. 

What to check next? 

pevanis

Quote from: Bob La Londe on September 05, 2014, 07:10:19 PM
I am on a host that allows me to configure mostly as I need to, and I have a fully functioning C-panel. 

I assigned permissions as 755 for all files. 

I clicked on FIX Chat Bar. 

I am runing 2.0.8

Current theme is default - curve

Chat bar does not show up. 

What to check next?
Hi,
Did you enable group permission for SAchat in SMF admin mode ??

Ninja ZX-10RR

@pevanis
Well I don't know that host but from what I could understand from their site (I have no idea of which language is that) they are not overseller and they *look* professional.. So.. I don't even think that mod_Security could be a problem but just to be sure have a word with them ;) about the undefined index I had it but it was in a previous version IIRC...
Trouble with .css... Dude, it's your forum. Don't take it personally but you can't come here and pretend us (me in this case) to know something you can't even remember yourself :( being a good admin you should always backup before upgrading or doing anything, especially if you are not very experienced and you can't understand very well what modification or whatever upgrade you are trying to install.
Stupid guess goes here --> did you setup the permissions properly and enable the chat at all? There are 2 master switches in "Forum » Administration Center » SA Chat » Configuration" that disable the chat completely or partially, you may want to uncheck those boxes ;)
Maybe even trying the default theme could help, even if I won't bet a penny on this last one.
Ah yeah, attach your functions.php so that SA™ can see it. ;)
A question: do you have any other errors with any other mods by chance? Or just errors? (excluding ban-related ones).
EDIT: of course you have the permissions enabled since you said it with another message :)

@Bob La Londe
The same applies to you. Free hosts will cause problems sooner or later, with something. Try to set permissions to 777 just to test if that changes something. And have a word with them about the mod_security.

@to both of you

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

pevanis

1. you're right i'm not very experienced and can't understand very well i had some experienced help last time :-(
2.  master switches in "Forum » Administration Center » SA Chat » Configuration" - boxes are unchecked
3. the default theme also not working
4. A question: do you have any other errors with any other mods by chance?  - No there's no any errors
5. permissions to is set to 777
I have access to C- panel.
I have FULL an partial backup.
This is not a Free hosting :-(
I haven't any problem with SA Chat 0.1.1 Rev101 .

Ninja ZX-10RR

That's a reply... :D
Not good to hear though but let me try - uninstall tapatalk for a while and see if the problem goes away? That mod is (with all due respect for the authors) one of the worst existing mods since it creates so many troubles and *used to have* MANY security flaws too.
If it doesn't it will be up to SA™ to check the changes made between those versions and see if there is some incompatibility with something. Plus, don't delete the previous mod version, in the meantime you can still use it ;)
EDIT: another guess that came to my mind... Did you download the mod from here --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534 or via the package manager? If you used the package manager just delete it and do it from the download link above ;)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

Quote'Not Implemented GET to /index.php not supported.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.'

this is a mod_security issue

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

pevanis

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 05, 2014, 08:38:05 PM
That's a reply... :D
Not good to hear though but let me try - uninstall tapatalk for a while and see if the problem goes away? That mod is (with all due respect for the authors) one of the worst existing mods since it creates so many troubles and *used to have* MANY security flaws too.
If it doesn't it will be up to SA™ to check the changes made between those versions and see if there is some incompatibility with something. Plus, don't delete the previous mod version, in the meantime you can still use it ;)
EDIT: another guess that came to my mind... Did you download the mod from here --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534 or via the package manager? If you used the package manager just delete it and do it from the download link above ;)

- Downloaded from here --> http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534
- Tapatalk uninstaled - nothing happened - SAchat doesn't work :-(
- intalled SAchat 0.1.1 Rev101 - also doesn't work :-(

Ninja ZX-10RR

As already suggested more than once have a word with your host about mod_security.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

little package for testing whats new semi implemented group chat i said that because there is currently no way to add users to the group chat at moment global chat should still work tho

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

pevanis

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 06, 2014, 09:22:50 AM
As already suggested more than once have a word with your host about mod_security.

After a word with my host  it's workig  :)
Thank you  :)
Working but it's slower than before  :(
After chat pop up window is minimized and up again, messages are messed up - the oldest are on top instead of down. Is there any way to change that?

SA™

hmm this sounds like not all new files where installed can you re download the mod and take the sachat directory from it and upload it to the same place as your forums SSI.php overwrite whats there and always take a backup before doing this

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: SA™ on September 06, 2014, 02:49:22 PM
little package for testing whats new semi implemented group chat i said that because there is currently no way to add users to the group chat at moment global chat should still work tho
Can't really test it in a proper way until 15/08 since I'm not at home though. I will, anyway, sorry for the delay but I managed to have another little holiday and I can't spend it in tweaking my forum...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kimmie

I uninstalled this mod but it left a bunch of tables in my database. Are there any others besides these I need to delete to get rid of this mod?

Advertisement: