News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenRacket

Hi,

I ran into a problem with a mod. I'm running SMF 2.0.13 and...

... installed SA Chat 1.0a1 Rev120
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534

However I get some errors when running the chat:
QuoteINFO Undefined index: database_error File: /var/www/riget/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line: 594
FATAL File: /var/www/riget/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line: 595

Looks like a database error to me? I'm running MySQL 5.7 (5.7.18-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
I'd like to get some more info/details on the error.

Any ideas on how to do that? I'm fairly handy with PHP/MySQL myself.

I have a local installation of the forum and the SA Chat works just fine on that installation.

PLAYBOY

Is there a Turkish translation provided for this mod yet?

GreenRacket

Quote from: GreenRacket on May 02, 2017, 04:29:57 PM
Hi,

I ran into a problem with a mod. I'm running SMF 2.0.13 and...

... installed SA Chat 1.0a1 Rev120
https://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534

However I get some errors when running the chat:
QuoteINFO Undefined index: database_error File: /var/www/riget/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line: 594
FATAL File: /var/www/riget/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php
Line: 595

Looks like a database error to me? I'm running MySQL 5.7 (5.7.18-0ubuntu0.16.04.1)
I'd like to get some more info/details on the error.

Any ideas on how to do that? I'm fairly handy with PHP/MySQL myself.

I have a local installation of the forum and the SA Chat works just fine on that installation.

This is database errors on MySQL 5.7. I can't remember all the details now but first of all the isrd-field in smf_2sichat won't work on MySQL 5.7.

There was one more field that I had to fix to make this work on MySQL. I can't remember which one but try running this on MySQL 5.7 and I'm sure you'll fix this very easily.

I managed to get it work on my local installation but the live version won't work. I have do fix this from scratch on a local installation and write down all the steps to fix it.

GreenRacket

I got it working live. I set a default value for "inactive" to 0 and changed some code in Chat.php (not ideal)

array(
   'to' => 'int',
   'from' => 'int',
   'msg' => 'string',
   'sent' => 'string',
   'isrd' => 'string'
),
array(
$buddy_id, $member_id, htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(strip_tags($_REQUEST['msg'],'<a>')), ENT_QUOTES),date("Y-m-d H:i:s"),'1970-01-01 00:00:00'
),
array()

The changes are:
'isrd' => 'string'

And

$buddy_id, $member_id, htmlspecialchars(stripslashes(strip_tags($_REQUEST['msg'],'<a>')), ENT_QUOTES),date("Y-m-d H:i:s"),'1970-01-01 00:00:00'

GreenRacket

Quote from: GreenRacket on May 05, 2017, 12:24:34 PM
I set a default value for "inactive" to 0

Just to clarify: I altered the "inactive" column and set the default value to 0.

Nicke P

Hi all.

I´ve recently installed this mod and i have some strange problem.
When i tries to chat, i see the person online but i cant press his name to get up the chatbox. But he can press my name and get the chatbox and he can write. But i cant see any chatbox.
I´ve tried on 3 different computers and its the same problem.
Where have i missed?

We have just upgraded SMF to 2.0.14 and are still running in maintance mode.

thepitster

I have got the same problem Nick has, when installed I see the chat bar at the bottom, I can even see the buddies in my list, but when I click on one, chat bar closes and nothing happens, SMF version 2.0.14.

OtterlyAdorable

Quote from: coltp45 on March 31, 2017, 11:04:50 AM
I have the same problem with the sound.    you say is not a mod problem? How you solved?

Thanks.

There's an option in the gear button (right on the chat menu bar) to turn off notification sounds.  =)

aegersz

Hi, I have copied my system to another backup server and have lost the chat bar.

what would cause this and is there an error log (i have checked all the usual places) that could help me ?

EDIT: I found that my other (dev) system had Sources and Plugins, so i copied those as well as the cache - and it worked !

what's going on ? my live site doesn't have them and it's working fine ... i'm confused.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

efk

Hello guys, about 2 weeks ago I tried to install SA Chat and installed it successfully, but box is not showing up at the bottom of the page. Tried with friend some different things to make it work, but without progress. Any clue why box won't show up?
Also I have it on 2nd forum and it works like it should.

Novice

Quote from: Nicke P on June 07, 2017, 08:07:53 AM
Hi all.

When i tries to chat, i see the person online but i cant press his name to get up the chatbox. But he can press my name and get the chatbox and he can write. But i cant see any chatbox.
Where have i missed?

I have the same problem...Is their a resolution?

efk

Quote from: Novice on July 30, 2017, 06:18:00 PM
Quote from: Nicke P on June 07, 2017, 08:07:53 AM
Hi all.

Where have i missed?

I have the same problem...Is their a resolution?
Check permissions, maybe is something disabled for your membergroup.

Quote from: efk on July 17, 2017, 09:37:47 AM
Hello guys, about 2 weeks ago I tried to install SA Chat and installed it successfully, but box is not showing up at the bottom of the page. Tried with friend some different things to make it work, but without progress. Any clue why box won't show up?
Also I have it on 2nd forum and it works like it should.
Reminder about my problem. I think I saw some solution somewhere about the problem when something is not appearing like it is supposed to be, but forgot where that was.

Novice

All permissions are set to use the function. I even tried giving everyone admin privileges but, still not working. I wondering if it has something to do with the version of php upgrade done to 2.0.14? I know that the site failed when it upgraded until I updated the version of php we used.

aegersz

please, is SA Chat encrypted over a SSL enabled site ?
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Arantor

It should be, if you're not getting secure connection warnings in your browser then it works over secure if your site is SSL.

aegersz

excellent. I only permit chat for staff and trusted members but it's nice to know that our conversations, though not of any pernicious nature, are secure.

thank you.

Windependence

Quote from: GreenRacket on May 06, 2017, 01:46:47 AM
Quote from: GreenRacket on May 05, 2017, 12:24:34 PM
I set a default value for "inactive" to 0

Just to clarify: I altered the "inactive" column and set the default value to 0.
Sorry, it's not clear at all. Where did you set this value? What file? The admin panel? I can't find this anywhere. I made the code changes in Chat.php, but I have the chat bar and when I type nothing happens when enter is pressed. The typing doesn't appear in the chat window and the message doesn't send. I had the exact 2 errors you did. Would really like to get this working, looks like a great mod.

-Tim

thepitster

Windependence, I do believe he is talking about the Database column, but I could be wrong.

ArMaP

Seeing that this was asked twice and, apparently, got no answers, I don't have many hopes of getting an answer either, but here goes.

I installed this mod on a test forum I have on my own computer to see if it would be good for a forum in which I am administrator, but I'm getting two errors in the log:
INFO    Undefined index: database_error    File: C:\XXXX\YYYY\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php    Line: 1407

FATAL    Call to undefined function allowedTo()    File: C:\XXXX\YYYY\Sources\Subs-Db-mysql.php    Line: 1408

Any help would be appreciated. :)

aegersz

I found a conflict with this (old release and current release) and the Levertine Gallery.

I have attached the issue that occurs when i expect to see a media player popup normally. Disabling SA Chat fixes the problem and i suspect that it is theme related.

Can i disable the default theme in SA Chat ? is that possible AND without altering the appearance at all ?

If this makes sense to you then maybe someone could explain to me if i can get this mod and the player to coexist.

here is the Chrome Developer Tools caught error:

Advertisement: