News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Invitation System

Started by hadesflames, July 21, 2010, 10:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PLAYBOY

Wouldnt it make/create any security hole? or decrease the security of the forum?

Fred Biles

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 28, 2011, 12:06:02 AM
Wouldnt it make/create any security hole? or decrease the security of the forum?

I know that, in the upgrade instructions for going to SMF 1 to SMF 2, it has one chmoding various folders to 777and the question was answered there that it was not necessary to change them back.

PLAYBOY

I dont get it much. setting 777 to source folder wouldnt make any security hole? Is that what you are saying?

Fred Biles

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 28, 2011, 05:45:13 PM
I dont get it much. setting 777 to source folder wouldnt make any security hole? Is that what you are saying?

Based on the answer I saw, yes. Also, if you were still worried, after you installed it and everything was working ok, you could CHMOD it back (the Sources folder).

PLAYBOY

No. I just tried it but changing the chmod doesnt make any difference for me. I still get the error.

Looks like many people has the same error.

I have spent 1 hour translating this mod to turkish. Can please anybody (including the writer of the mod) find a solution to this problem?

Unknown column 'member_id' in 'where clause'
Dosya: /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Invite.php
Satır: 332

I am afraid its conflicting with other mods but which ones and why?
Would it be cb|login mod?

HELP PLEASE!

Fred Biles

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 29, 2011, 06:09:21 PM
No. I just tried it but changing the chmod doesnt make any difference for me. I still get the error.

Looks like many people has the same error.

I have spent 1 hour translating this mod to turkish. Can please anybody (including the writer of the mod) find a solution to this problem?

Unknown column 'member_id' in 'where clause'
Dosya: /home/site/public_html/forum/Sources/Invite.php
Satır: 332

I am afraid its conflicting with other mods but which ones and why?
Would it be cb|login mod?

HELP PLEASE!

You said you tried CHMODing the folder to 777, but did you uninstall the mod., then do the CHMOD to 777, and then reinstall the mod?

PLAYBOY

QuoteYou said you tried CHMODing the folder to 777, but did you uninstall the mod., then do the CHMOD to 777, and then reinstall the mod?

You are the Man!
Thank you. Now its perfect.

Jessica.

How would I fix the Message to Recipient box?
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

PLAYBOY

How do i set the registration to be only with invitation?
Right now anybody can register through  http://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=register

Also the writer of the mod needs to fix the bug.

Jessica.

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 29, 2011, 07:01:09 PM
Right now anybody can register through  http://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=register

I would love to know as well
Testing Zone - SMF 2.0.7, default Curve
School & Chat - phpBB3, over 170 mods installed, official live forum

I use the latest version of Chrome

phpBB: Forum = a section; Board = whole site
SMF: Forum = whole site; Board = a section

PLAYBOY

Also how do i change the senders email adress?
Right now it shows the servers email adress which is pretty wrong for me.

Spoogs

Quote from: Jessica. on June 29, 2011, 07:05:05 PM
Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 29, 2011, 07:01:09 PM

I would love to know as well
It is enabled when you enable the mod... on register you will see an additional field for the invite key, once the mod is enabled invitation is the only form of registration permitted (at least so it seems).

PLAYBOY

1- Is there a way to hide the invite tab from members who are not allowed to send an invitation?

2- Also how do i change the senders email adress?

3- It sends the Admins email adress on top of every email message. Why? and how to delete that?

4- How can i make the "Message to recipient" box to be not required to fill? or put a default value so it wont ask for a value in message box every time.

Fred Biles

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 29, 2011, 06:36:56 PM
QuoteYou said you tried CHMODing the folder to 777, but did you uninstall the mod., then do the CHMOD to 777, and then reinstall the mod?

You are the Man!
Thank you. Now its perfect.

You're welcome. Glad I could help  :)

PLAYBOY

Quote from: PLAYBOY on June 29, 2011, 08:23:01 PM
1- Is there a way to hide the invite tab from members who are not allowed to send an invitation?

2- Also how do i change the senders email adress?

3- It sends the Admins email adress on top of every email message. Why? and how to delete that?

4- How can i make the "Message to recipient" box to be not required to fill? or put a default value so it wont ask for a value in message box every time.

Can anybody answer my questions please?
I am pretty desperate here!

Are they very hard to answer?
I translated the entire mod in Turkish so that i could use it. But there are errors and problems.

PLAYBOY

Quote3- It sends the Admins email adress on top of every email message. Why? and how to delete that?

Solution to #3
Delete where says "$webmaster_email" from invite.php

Quote4- How can i make the "Message to recipient" box to be not required to fill? or put a default value so it wont ask for a value in message box every time.

Solution to #4
I still dont know how to make the field NOT REQUIRED but i found out how to add a default value. Open invite.template.php then find and change this.
<textarea name="r_message" rows="3" cols="35" style="width: 90%">YOUR DEFAULT VALUE</textarea>

These are not the best solutions because im very amateur with PHP and these things but it would be a temporary solution until somebody pays a little attention to this topic.

live627

Quote from: PLAYBOY on July 02, 2011, 05:46:16 AM
until somebody pays a little attention to this topic.
and who actually knows the mod enough to be of some service.

PLAYBOY

**Solution to the 2nd problem:
Open invite.php from sources directory
Change
            if(mail($email, $subject, $message_final, $webmaster_email))
with this
                                if(mail($email, $subject, $message_final, 'From: '.$webmaster_email, '-f'.$webmaster_email))

Now i have 3 little problems...

A- Is there a way to hide the invite tab from members who are not allowed to send an invitation?

B- It would be SOOO HELPFUL to put more than one email adress into the "Send Key Via Email" form. So i can send multiple invitations to different adresses at once.

C- Why invitation email shows turkish characters as JAPANESE characters?

hadesflames

Quote from: PLAYBOY on July 16, 2011, 08:40:08 PM
**Solution to the 2nd problem:
Open invite.php from sources directory
Change
            if(mail($email, $subject, $message_final, $webmaster_email))
with this
                                if(mail($email, $subject, $message_final, 'From: '.$webmaster_email, '-f'.$webmaster_email))

Now i have 3 little problems...

A- Is there a way to hide the invite tab from members who are not allowed to send an invitation?

B- It would be SOOO HELPFUL to put more than one email adress into the "Send Key Via Email" form. So i can send multiple invitations to different adresses at once.

C- Why invitation email shows turkish characters as JAPANESE characters?

A - You would have to go to Subs.php and look for the invite button, then in visible or something like that, put instead of "true" something  that returns whether or not the user can view the area.

B - No because one invitation can only work once. Sending the same invite to different people would be useless.

C - No idea...

PLAYBOY

QuoteB - No because one invitation can only work once. Sending the same invite to different people would be useless.

No. I meant sending more than one invitation at once. Like a form you just put the email addresses and it will create and send the invitations automatically. I think that would be very useful.

Advertisement: