Invitation System

Started by hadesflames, July 21, 2010, 10:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceFork

Mstcool

Alright thank you.
Wait does this make it so if a person doesnt have a key they CANT register AT ALL?

IceFork

If the Invitation System is active, nobody can register without a invite key.

Mstcool

TrickyRicky

Iv used this with 2.0.2 can confirm it works with no errors

great system to have for a invite only community

PLAYBOY

http://www.site.com/forum/index.php?action=invite;area=email
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: email_data
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/site/public_html/forum/Themes/default/Invite.template.php
Line: 160

PLAYBOY

Can we please just hide the invite button on the top menu for the member groups who has not credits to send an invitation?

Also i cant uninstall the mod. I emulated to all versions but it never shows me the uninstall option.

Tien

I received the following error message when trying to email the key.

There was a problem sending your key, please contact your administrator.

Please advise what would have cause this error?

TheNiceUb3r

b0tze

Works good on smf 2.02, but I found another way to cutomize my registration (description here).
So I want to deinstall it, but it gives me an error: deinstall instructions missing... Should I just erase the files, or will there be unused code left?
Thanks, b0tze

PS: Installation for 2.02 works fine with the option to "fake" smf v2.00...

Shambles

Quote from: b0tze on September 14, 2012, 07:25:01 AM
So I want to deinstall it, but it gives me an error: deinstall instructions missing... Should I just erase the files, or will there be unused code left?
Reupload (but don't try to reinstall) the package via package manager then try to uninstall the mod via package manager. Sounds like the package content (zip) itself went walkies (but the manager requires that to know what/how to uninstall) ;)

b0tze

Thanks, but still does not work (uninstall).

This is what the archive on the server contains:

Invite.php (31973 Bytes)
    Invite.template.php (6348 Bytes)
    languages.xml (18272 Bytes)
    package-info.xml (1242 Bytes)
    uninstall.php (625 Bytes)
    install.php (4900 Bytes)
    install.xml (8016 Bytes)
    invite.gif (910 Bytes)

so there is a "uninstall.php" but it seems smf does not find it. Is there maybe a way to trigger this manually? sorry i don't know much about this... and thanks for your help!

b0tze

Ok I could really need some help here, since I now figured out that now if the mod is switched off new members won't receive their registration confirmation mail (which is turned on at registration settings)  -now I want this really to be removed, but even re-downloading the zip here and uploading it (not installing it again) and trying to uninstall it gives me the same error about missing uninstall instructions... HELP!

Shambles

You did set the emulation back to 2.0.1, didn't you?

I just downloaded the package, installed it, configured it then removed it ok, on my localhost.

So no idea what your issue is. It doesn't look too difficult to remove by hand though, tbh...

b0tze

Nope, that was exactly what I was missing.  :-[
Thanks for helping and sorry for being stupid...

Shambles

Quote from: b0tze on September 19, 2012, 09:55:43 AM
Nope, that was exactly what I was missing.  :-[

Easily done mate. Glad it's sorted for you :)

PLAYBOY

Please, please add a feature which you can see who has invited that person in their profile.
I desperately need this feature.

denyboy

Quote from: krazytim on December 07, 2011, 12:29:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback Hades.

Another few questions.

1.) Is there a way to show who a member was invited by? The old invitation system I used (for SMF 1) had an "Invited by: User" section on the profile pages.

2.) Even though I left the "Modify Member Group Settings" fields on "0" for some membergroups, every member group is able to generate invitation keys. How can I turn off invitations for membergroups?

3.) In the admin settings under "Manage Keys" every member link goes to the same page, which is a missing profile page "index.php?action=profile;u=255". So if I have 5 users who generated keys (Bill, Bob, Joe, John, and Josh), click on any one of their names in the list will take me to "index.php?action=profile;u=255" for some reason.

Just curious, is an update for this mod in the works?

Trhird problem is becouse developer of this mod used tinyint variable for member_id. But tiny int can only go to 255. So for all users with id_member larger than 255 will be saved as 255. But it will work ok for all users with id_member less than 255. So solution is to change (in invite.php) that to int and change size to 4. Do the same in mysql table also.

Second problem is defined also in invite.php where u have default value of 5 for every new member.

PLAYBOY

Quote1.) Is there a way to show who a member was invited by? The old invitation system I used (for SMF 1) had an "Invited by: User" section on the profile pages.

Looks like everybody needs this feature A LOT! just like many times i have asked for it too. I guess people just keep ignoring it. Is it that much hard to add this?

PLAYBOY

Is there anyway to have the person register only through the email address which the invitation was sent to?

Advertisement: