News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

I NEED HELP BAD

Started by streetkilln, July 22, 2010, 12:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

streetkilln

Well i kinda thought i can make the admin group be a cool looking gfx so when i replace the text with the html code it did nothing but now it wont left me modify it so i can change it back..

Stuck CAPS

It's not as simple as replacing text.  Especially since it's base is PHP, so you have to do a bit more work.  I don't know what to tell you.  Could you send me a link, to see what exactly is wrong?
My website: iCAPS

streetkilln

well heres what i did... and i was stupid to do it..

when you go to membergroups and edit emember groups. i tryed to replace the group Administrator to be a image that says Administrator. so i paste the code were it it says  group name: _  and i saved.  but it didnt do any thing but now i cant modify the group. when i click modify it just ends up to a blank page.

Stuck CAPS

That's why.  You can't use an image as a membergroup's name.  You can make it display one, but not be one.  What host are you using?  And is it using cPanel?

streetkilln

im usen 000webhost. but i have no idea how to unstall or reinstall smf cuss my mate installed it for me

streetkilln

is there a way i can edit the member group  from the host ftp? or replace something there to get it back to normal????

Stuck CAPS

How do you manage your site?  cPanel?

streetkilln

Stuck CAPS

scroll down to the Files section.  Tell me, do you see "R1Soft Restore Backups?"

streetkilln

im kinda lost what u mean files section? on the site or host

Stuck CAPS

On cPanel, there are little boxes, with shortcuts in them. 

streetkilln

oo cPanel i dont have that my mate dose when he set up with site. i thought u ment the admin panel lol. but i need to fix this issue cuss my mate hasn't been on. is there a way i can replace a file or something?

Stuck CAPS

You can only do it through cPanel, as far as I'm aware.  Just contact your mate, and have him/her give you the details of the cPanel account, and the link to access it.  From there, you can do a restore of before you messed up.

streetkilln

ok well i hope he gets on soon

Stuck CAPS

If you have any more questions, just ask me.

xenovanis

Quote from: streetkilln on July 22, 2010, 01:34:05 AM
oo cPanel i dont have that my mate dose when he set up with site. i thought u ment the admin panel lol. but i need to fix this issue cuss my mate hasn't been on. is there a way i can replace a file or something?

Your mate should be able to change this in MySQL. Login to phpMyAdmin and run this query

UPDATE `smf_membergroups` SET `group_name` = 'Administrator' WHERE `smf_membergroups`.`id_group` =1;

What is phpMyAdmin?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

streetkilln

hey i was wondering can i get this stuff and do it my self??

xenovanis

Ask your mate for cPanel access. From there you should be able to access phpMyAdmin.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CapadY

And remember, never, never, change the default usergroups. Yoy will screw up your forum.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

streetkilln

Ok yea cuss I really need to fix it.

Kill Em All

streetkillin, you get this resolved?

You might also want to try just replacing your current database with a backup, if you have one, which hopefully you do, or maybe your host.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: