News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problem with changing "Quote" "Remove" etc images

Started by PurpleCrow, July 23, 2010, 02:37:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurpleCrow

I've been attempting to change the quote, remove, modify etc images but even if I overwrite the current ones with new ones (same name, extention etc) in ALL of the themes folders it makes no difference... Am I missing something?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

kat

Possibly.

You may have to clear your browser's cache, as it could be pulling the images from there.

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

kat

I have known some FTP clients that make images revert to read-protected, sometimes.

Are the files read-enabled?

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Depending in your FTP client, there's usually an "Attributes" thingy.

If you right-click on the file(s) concerned, it might be there.

PurpleCrow

Checked, "Read" and "Write" enabled. When I transfer the image back to my computer its the new image not the old one too if you see what I mean.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Well, as a mere guest, I can't see the images, myself.

Just as a check... What happens if you actually delete the image?

Do you still get an image? Or, do you get a place holder thingy? (Usually a red cross).

PurpleCrow

Yup its still appearing...

Maybe I'm changing the wrong images? I must be... I've been changing them in themes/[theme name]/images/icons
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

How to check where the images are:

Right-click on the image and select "Copy image address" (That's with Opera), or whatever your browser has, for that.

Paste that somewhere and you'll see the exact location of the image.

PurpleCrow

See thats what I usually do but when I right click I dont get anything to do with the image, only for the link and if I copy the link location all I get is the removal/edit etc pages.
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

Want to PM me a temporary login, so I can have a butcher's?

PurpleCrow

SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

kat

bloc

The quote etc. are actually all in ONE image now, in SMF 2.0 RC3, and they are set as background images through CSS - hence you cannot getting any image info by right-clicking on them.

PurpleCrow

Quote from: Bloc on July 23, 2010, 06:41:43 PM
The quote etc. are actually all in ONE image now, in SMF 2.0 RC3, and they are set as background images through CSS - hence you cannot getting any image info by right-clicking on them.

OH I love you! Thank you, I had no idea!
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

PurpleCrow

Well, if anyone wants better looking quote etc icons here's the image I'm using. (I havent changed the green blob or the recycle icon though)
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Antechinus

Quite nice. Did you make those yourself from scratch or are they based on existing icons?

(oh and really we should remake the default image as an alpha png-8 IMO)

PurpleCrow

Mine? Good god no! Should have stated that really... They are from the Silk Icon pack - http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Advertisement: