SMF Support > SMF 2.0.x Support

Stopping Censoring Effecting Titles

(1/4) > >>

PurpleCrow:
Is it possible to prevent word censoring to effect topic titles?

Antechinus:
That would require some custom coding. It would be possible but offhand I'm not sure how much a of performance problem it might be, and I don't think anyone would be interested in doing a mod package for it as it is such an unusual request. Why would you want to censor post content but not titles?

PurpleCrow:
I was planning on having a bit of fun with images by having small icons appear next to certain words (eg, a coffee cup next to the word coffee) but if I do it via censoring it means that the title ends up full of BBCode if the word is used in a title.

Antechinus:
What are you entering in your censor? I haven't checked but I'm thinking the censor probably reads html instead of bbc.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ:

--- Quote from: PurpleCrow on July 23, 2010, 08:26:23 PM ---I was planning on having a bit of fun with images by having small icons appear next to certain words (eg, a coffee cup next to the word coffee) but if I do it via censoring it means that the title ends up full of BBCode if the word is used in a title.

--- End quote ---

I use it to make censored words change to a smiley, which requires no bbc or html, IMO that's the easiest way to add images using the censor system, just add the custom smileys for those images.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version