News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post Problem!

Started by pixeleyes, July 25, 2010, 04:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pixeleyes

I am using version  2.0 RC3,

before posting when we see the preview complete post show right

but after post only first line shows and rest all post remove or not showed.

ALSO......

Yesterday posts were commpleted but today also showing half...... so strange

POST SETTING IS ALSO ENCLOSED

xenovanis

Are you using utf8 languagesfiles? If not, you might want to try that.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pixeleyes

I already did, Convert HTML-entities to UTF-8 characters

but problem still existed.

xenovanis

So, you converted the database to utf8, but did you also upload the utf8 languagefiles for your language?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

pixeleyes

default language of my forum is english and we use english letters to post anything.

xenovanis

It's not only letters, it's also characters like ' or " that could cause problems. Could you installing the smf_2-0-rc3_english-utf8 package, switch to that and see if it helps?

pixeleyes

how to install? unzip in local machine and then upload in theme folder?

xenovanis

Yes, or Admin -> Configuration -> Languages -> Add Language

pixeleyes

Should I check mark on these all ? If yes then i did but after installaion got another problem,
I am using simple portal, now only user info is showing on home page and all rest blocks are disappear, even these blocks are enabled in simple portal.

mkemre

xenovanis

Quote from: pixeleyes on July 26, 2010, 02:52:56 AM
Should I check mark on these all ? If yes then i did but after installaion got another problem,
I am using simple portal, now only user info is showing on home page and all rest blocks are disappear, even these blocks are enabled in simple portal.

Really? That's odd. How about the characters in the forum? Does using ut8 solve that?

If you have cache enabled, you might want to try clearing your cache.

Quote from: mkemre on July 26, 2010, 07:55:42 AM
and then?

I'm sorry, how's that?

pixeleyes

Post problem is almost solve but simple portal problem still existed.

Even i uninstalled SP and also clear cashe.

If i disable the Shoutbox then all rest boxes shows on home page.

Shout box is not working at all.

Also another problem now, except default theme "new.gif" buttons not showing any where.

xenovanis

Quote from: pixeleyes on July 26, 2010, 09:41:19 AM
Post problem is almost solve but simple portal problem still existed.

Even i uninstalled SP and also clear cashe.

If i disable the Shoutbox then all rest boxes shows on home page.

Shout box is not working at all.

In phpMyAdmin, could you check if all tables are on the same collation? What is phpMyAdmin?

Also, if you create a new shoutbox, does it show up?

Quote from: pixeleyes on July 26, 2010, 09:41:19 AM
Also another problem now, except default theme "new.gif" buttons not showing any where.

Is it marked as a missing image? If so, what should be the location? I assume that would be /Themes/yourtheme/images/english-utf8/new.gif.

pixeleyes

I already tried to create shoutbox that is fine, but when I add by using block there is problem.

If i give you my forum/pass and database/pass in PM can you check my forum.

xenovanis

Have you checked the collection of the tables?

pixeleyes

Yes i've checked collation of table is utf8_unicode_ci

only Aeva  table collation is latin1_swedish_ci

xenovanis

I think this is something you'll need to discuss over at the Simple Portal support site. I've done some searching and it seems there are more issues regarding utf8. They'll probably have more knowledge to fix this.

Sorry I can't be of more help :(

Advertisement: