News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

A few key issues

Started by XxSparks, July 25, 2010, 02:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XxSparks

Hey there everyone, so I have a few problems I've been running into on a daily basis. I'll try to list them in order and maybe you can help me out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Moderator group doesn't have many permissions other then close thread, they can't do much more even though I have edited their permissions, another thing is, is there a way to create a separate Moderator group and add them in Sync to the original Moderator Group? I hope you guys know what I mean =\

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) The Moderator Group isn't showing up in the "Key Group" legend on the Main Board Index
2) their colors aren't showing up at all... IE. "Color in online list:"
3) The member which was put in the Moderator Group VIA Assignment on forum boards, isn't having their primary group change at all.. They're still shown as a regular member.

Whenever someone selects a certain post or messages are sent to VIA Email Notifications, I get the double slash issue.. (IE. "//")

Example:

View the reply at: community.mysite.com [nofollow]//?topic=10401.new;topicseen#new

Unsubscribe to this topic by using this link: community.mysite.com [nofollow]//?action=notify;topic=10401.0

Also just out of curiosity I'm just wondering how I can change forum skins like personally, not overall, like if I allow the members to select their own skins, where would I go to change it for myself to a new skin?

Can you guys please guide me in the right direction? I've been having these issues for a couple weeks now and I've gone from top to bottom with the settings / modifications and I just can't figure out the issue... I presume the double slash at the very least is something to do with the .htaccess? Although I don't have one in place I'm not certain what to do anymore...

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

1) The Moderator Group isn't showing up in the "Key Group" legend on the Main Board Index
3) The member which was put in the Moderator Group VIA Assignment on forum boards, isn't having their primary group change at all.. They're still shown as a regular member.

1 & 2. Because Moderator is not actually a membergroup, its just a member assigned to a board as a moderator.

3. You can create a moderator group based off of global moderator and reduce the permissions for that group to make it less than global moderator.

You can change the appearance of your SMF forum and add features to it, by going to the theme site and the mod site.

Check out the below documentation
Administration Center
Package Manager
Themes And Layout
What is a mod?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

XxSparks

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 25, 2010, 04:09:42 PM

1 & 2. Because Moderator is not actually a membergroup, its just a member assigned to a board as a moderator.

3. You can create a moderator group based off of global moderator and reduce the permissions for that group to make it less than global moderator.

You can change the appearance of your SMF forum and add features to it, by going to the theme site and the mod site.

Check out the below documentation
Administration Center
Package Manager
Themes And Layout
What is a mod?

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction, I appreciate that, as for the skinning part that's not quite what I meant but I figured it out :) thanks any who haha

Does anyone perhaps have any idea of what's causing the rest of these issues?

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Profile --> Look and Layout --> Change the Current theme. (You need to enable this options for users other than administrators in Themes and Layout via Admin Panel)

Advertisement: