Troll Management?

Started by Mikirin, July 25, 2010, 04:30:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikirin

:'(
It seems that there are trolls attacking my forum, I don't want to delete them, but I need something like the "annoy user" mod. Even though it says it works with RC3, I get this error when I try to install it, and I don't want to break the forum.
QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Joker™

it looks like some other package is creating a conflict.

can you tell us in which files it says

"test Failed" << something like that , when you try to install the mod
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Mikirin

Alright, I'll copypasta.
Quote4.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php     Test failed
      1.    Add After    ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php    Test failed
Right now, I only have Member Link Color and Ultimate profile installed.

Joker™

ultimate profile mod is creating the problem.

ok , if you can make edit's to the file manually then we can move forward.

you need to install the mod with error , and you have to add the code in Profile.template.php maually.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Mikirin

Oh my... I don't know how to do any of that. Will you help me? If you join, I could make you a temp admin if need be, I really don't want to break it.

Joker™

no need of that just go to your ftp, attach this file here

/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

Quote from: Joker™ on July 25, 2010, 04:57:56 PM
no need of that just go to your ftp, attach this file here

/Themes/default/Profile.template.php
My ftp? Is that in the admin CP or the Cpanel? I'm sorry, I'm really new and I'm unfamiliar with most of the in-depth stuff. I've only had free forums, after all.

Joker™

Just get relaxed ,it's in cpanel.there will be a folder

themes\default\   in it there is the file "Profile.template.php

attach it here
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

I have it selected, now how do I attach it? (Please be patient with me...)
EDIT: Moreso, where do I attach it?

Joker™

click reply button here, on next page you will see

Additional Options...

in it there is attach option
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

Oh! You wanted me to attach it here? From my current theme? I'm so confused...
Well I saved the file from Cpanel, I hope this is what you wanted.

Joker™

Just calm down buddy , i can understand your position .

Now install the mod and after that replace the file in your cpanel with the file i've attached below
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

Alright, thank you.... It's working properly now, thank you so much!

Joker™

Your welcome :) . can your mark the topic solved if your issue is resolved .
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

Wait... How do I enable it to a user? I can't find it.

Joker™

there are some screen shots given on mod page about the settings.You should refer to them about setting up options.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

Quote from: Joker™ on July 25, 2010, 05:36:16 PM
there are some screen shots given on mod page about the settings.You should refer to them about setting up options.
It doesn't say anything about it, just shows the options screen and the moderator panel, which I've already checked

Joker™

you must better ask it in mod support thread , as it's already 3am at my place and i don't have energy to install and check the options of the mod.

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Mikirin

Quote from: Joker™ on July 25, 2010, 05:41:55 PM
you must better ask it in mod support thread , as it's already 3am at my place and i don't have energy to install and check the options of the mod.
Alright, sorry. Thanks!

lepidas

Quote from: Mikirin on July 25, 2010, 04:30:58 PM
:'(
It seems that there are trolls attacking my forum, I don't want to delete them, but I need something like the "annoy user" mod. Even though it says it works with RC3, I get this error when I try to install it, and I don't want to break the forum.
QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.

Hello,I also have this problem.Can somebody please guide me step by step how to resolve it?
thank you in advance

Advertisement: