Who's Online Actions Confusing

Started by xrunner, July 25, 2010, 06:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xrunner

Unlike my previous SMF 1.1.11 forum, this upgrade seems to only show 2 things my members are doing - either

Viewing unread replies since their last visit

or

Unknown Action

I never see them doing anything else in the Who's Online list (I know they are however)

However, it shows guests viewing all kinds of different boards and threads. Clearly this isn't the way it is supposed to work, is it?

Stuck CAPS

I believe you just want to go into your SQL database for the forum, than repair it.  After that, you want to clear your forum's cache.
My website: iCAPS

xrunner

Quote from: Stuck CAPS on July 25, 2010, 06:59:08 PM
I believe you just want to go into your SQL database for the forum, than repair it.  After that, you want to clear your forum's cache.

That didn't make any difference.

Stuck CAPS

Did this start when you upgraded the forum, or after you did something with it?

xrunner

Quote from: Stuck CAPS on July 25, 2010, 07:52:04 PM
Did this start when you upgraded the forum, or after you did something with it?

After I upgraded.

Stuck CAPS

did you upgrade the SQL?  those upgrade files go in the Root directory of your website.

xrunner

Quote from: Stuck CAPS on July 25, 2010, 08:01:09 PM
did you upgrade the SQL?  those upgrade files go in the Root directory of your website.

I don't know what you are talking about "did you upgrade the SQL". I upgraded exactly per the instructions for SMF 2.0 RC3. and it all went well. I did all that was required and the forum works very well, except for this one odd thing.

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

xrunner

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 25, 2010, 08:26:14 PM
Try installing this mod?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2290

I'd rather not until I determine whether or not this is normal for SMF 2.0 RC3, unless you are telling me this mod will fix the display of what regular members are doing. Is that what you are inferring it will do also? This mod is required for the SMF 2.0 RC3 Who's Online display due to a bug?

What other mods do you have installed?

1.     Footnotes      1.06      
2.    Karma Description Mod    2.6.8    
3.    SMFPacks Shoutbox    
4.    Aeva Media    1.3a    
5.    Inline Hover Spoiler    1.5

I had all these (except Aeva Media) before I upgraded with no issues with the online display

live627

That mod doesn't reveal the raw action, if that's what you're after. I don't know of any that do, tbh

xrunner

We're getting off track. Please review the actual issue -

Quote from: xrunner on July 25, 2010, 06:12:09 PM
Unlike my previous SMF 1.1.11 forum, this upgrade seems to only show 2 things my members are doing - either

Viewing unread replies since their last visit

or

Unknown Action

I never see them doing anything else in the Who's Online list (I know they are however)

However, it shows guests viewing all kinds of different boards and threads. Clearly this isn't the way it is supposed to work, is it?

live627

Can you attach your Who.english.php?

xrunner

Quote from: live627 on July 25, 2010, 08:53:11 PM
Can you attach your Who.english.php?

Sure.

But where is it located in the directory structure?

xrunner

I'm using the RGBB theme and there is only one file in the languages directory - settings.english.php. Is this normal? I have no other issues with the theme at all.

Update - I switched to the Default theme and the issue is still there.

live627

./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php

xrunner

live627

mmm... it looks okay. I think it's some issue with the log_online table and/or sessions. Thise tables could be corrupt or weren't upgraded properly. I don't know much about this, so perhaps wait for someone with a green badge?

Kill Em All

xrunner, in phpmyadmin, can you go to your smf_log_online(replace smf with your database prefix), go in there and then let me know what the rows are listed as. There should be session, log_time, id_member, id_spider, ip, url.

None of those should be at all capitalized. They should look exactly as I typed them.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

xrunner

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 25, 2010, 11:28:10 PM
xrunner, in phpmyadmin, can you go to your smf_log_online(replace smf with your database prefix), go in there and then let me know what the rows are listed as. There should be session, log_time, id_member, id_spider, ip, url.

None of those should be at all capitalized. They should look exactly as I typed them.

session    log_time    id_member    id_spider    ip    url

Here's a listing of what I'm talking about. I bolded the actual members.
You can see what the guests and spiders are looking at, but not the actual members -

JNTB    06:32:30 AM    Unknown Action
Ravenholm (192.251.226.205)    06:32:29 AM    Unknown Action
Guest    06:31:44 AM    Viewing the topic Proof that nobody can get into Heaven? [-YT#1].
Guest 06:28:48 AM    Viewing the topic Rock Band 2 or Guitar Hero World Tour?.
MSN    06:24:11 AM    Viewing the board index.
Yahoo!    06:22:40 AM    Viewing the board index.
Boots    06:21:22 AM    Unknown Action
Google (66.249.71.169)    06:15:38 AM    Viewing the topic Happy Thanksgiving!.
Guest (207.46.195.207)    06:15:05 AM    Viewing the board index.
Guest (76.93.88.107)    06:13:40 AM    Viewing the topic Moral Relativism vs Moral Realism.
Guest (178.154.160.29)    06:11:07 AM    Viewing the topic Unfortunate ruling.
Guest (69.163.41.13)    06:01:12 AM    Viewing the board index.
nozzferrahhtoo    05:53:51 AM    Unknown Action

Ken.

"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Advertisement: