News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

New Topic in Different Color

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, July 26, 2010, 05:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

Quote from: Joker™ on June 29, 2011, 02:26:36 AM
Quote from: A_Survivor on June 29, 2011, 12:52:48 AM
Hi ya Joker,

Upgraded ver 2.0 RC5 to ver 2.0 Final and am adding Mods.  Like this one, ,  ;D, but it's not working for me using ver 2.0 final, Default Theme.  :-\
See attached Screen Shot.  ???
Hmmm.

Thanks in advance.  ;)

Take Care,
Cloud  8)

I think this mod changes the color of post links inside of the boards.

Yup, that was it.
Thanks,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

reboam

Hi.

I've installed your Mod on my SMF 2.02.
It seems my "Jump to last post button" have disappeared. How can I make it come back?

Thanks!

Joker™

That happened on the default theme or custom theme?
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

reboam

Quote from: Joker™ on February 02, 2012, 12:08:20 PM
That happened on the default theme or custom theme?

Custom theme.

Take a look if you want: hxxp:www.offtopicalia.com/foro/index.php?board=1.0 [nonactive]

As you see, on the right side of each post, it seems to appear the button. Ok. But before installing your mod that blue button appeared close to each post title.

Joker™

Bug with the mod ;).

Give me a few mins to update it.

Edit - Mod updated.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

reboam

OCJ

Nice but for guests everything appears  'new' in the colour. It destroys the look on any other themes if all the forum posts look this way.

As you said, you can edit the css file colour but it would be better being able to set a time limit for what is 'new', particularly for guest view. Ideally an admin section to input number of days considered new and a colour (any format will do ...hex).

Joker™

Quote from: igirisjin on February 05, 2012, 01:25:17 AMNice but for guests everything appears  'new' in the colour.
I'll see it, and most probably fro guests there should be no new color. Must be some coding error made from my side :P.

How about a field in admin panel where you can put the hex code of new color.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

OCJ

QuoteHow about a field in admin panel where you can put the hex code of new color.

Would be easy for everyone.

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Hiya all.

I am entrusted with this mod now but I haven't have time to look into it deeply yet. I also believe that my brother Joker is a better coder than I am. I will try to do my best in handling this mod.

This mod idea is almost similar to my mod - HLBM: Highlight Buddy Message. These two mods won't be merged by similar idea may be used to enchance each other.

Thank you for supporting this mod and do feel free to ask for support.

CİHAD_EHLİ

What does this mod is there any setting

Harvester

This mod has been working fine for me but I now want to change the color of the new topics and I cannot find where to do that in the admin area. Where would that be?

br360

That would be in your theme's index.css.

Look for

/* New topics get a different background */
.new
{
background: #a0b9c9;
}
.new2
{
background: #baccd8;
}

Then just change the background colors to whatever you want

Harvester