News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

6 Custom buttons / tabs and menu's (upto 4)

Started by ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ, July 26, 2010, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Link to Mod
This mod will add 6 custom buttons to your forum with customizable sub menus, upto 4 per button, that's a total of 24 customizable links you can add to your forum.
I made this since for the last few weeks, its all I have been hearing in the support forums. Since its similar to another mod, I added more features, like sub menus and an extra button.

The mod lets you enable which ever amount of buttons you need, up to 6. The mod also lets you have upto 4 menu items for each menu, which are also completely customizable.

You can change the label of the button, and the URL.
To support my mods, please use the following link to download the mod, the mod will still be downloaded from the mod site
http://6096a43b.linkbucks.com/
Thanks.
Also, if you would like to donate, click the paypal below :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Matthew K.

Congratulations on your new mod, John! :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

The mod-site has approved the mod and its available to all

Enjoy.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Spoogs

TheListener

Quote from: Smog on July 31, 2010, 09:32:39 AM
Installed but no access to the ACP anymore: syntac error.

It would help if:

1. You tell us if you are using 1.1 or 2.0

2. You told us what the exact error is.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Thanks brack1...

Please include some screen shots of the error, I don't see how this could be in any error, it only adds more of whats already their. (buttons and menus)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Smog

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /var/www/vhosts/aqmrb.com/httpdocs/home/Sources/Admin.php on line 247

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Smog on July 31, 2010, 10:39:39 AM
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /var/www/vhosts/aqmrb.com/httpdocs/home/Sources/Admin.php on line 247

Their you go, fixed :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Smog

Oops you are really fast, txs!

Will install asap, very occupied atm but will do it within a couple of hours and report back to you.  :)

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I would just like to point out to anybody who has installed this mod and has now got a parse error, in administrator section, please do the following to fix the issue, their was a typo in the file...

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING,   expecting ')' in   /*****/****/****/****/*****/Sources/Admin.php on line ***

The Fix for this is here
Admin.php
Code (Find) Select
'custombuttons' => array  ($txt['custombuttons_settings_menu'])
Code ( Replace With) Select
'custombuttons' => array  ($txt['custombuttons_settings_menu']),

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused, the mod has been updated on the mod site.
Thank you for using 6 custom buttons mod.

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Smog on July 31, 2010, 11:06:47 AM
Installed the updated package, your mod doesn't cause any troubles anymore.

Btw useful mod, txs.  :)

Well 6 extra tabs with 4 menu items in each, that could be pretty useful lol

Just to let you know, I will be adding permissions to the buttons in the next version, means you can assign buttons to moderators and other member groups too

SMF 2.0 RC5

TheListener

Any idea what the functions would be for the membergroups John?

I have been looking at this as an idea for premium advertising space on the forum.

Smog

Quote from: Brack1 on July 31, 2010, 11:14:39 AM

I have been looking at this as an idea for premium advertising space on the forum.
Adding permissions will make your mod perfect. :P

Ken.

Very nice johncccccc.  8)

What edits can we do to add subs to a button? (I'm trying to only run one button, but with 6-8 subs)
I tried copying #4 in the "$sourcedir/ManageSettings.php" file and setting it as #5 but that didn't work.

Thanks... Ken.

EDIT: NM... found the code.  ;)
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Brack1 on July 31, 2010, 11:14:39 AM

Well, as for membergroup permissions, it would just be the option to show the button to members in that group or not, nothing more really.

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Ken. on July 31, 2010, 11:16:54 AM
Very nice johncccccc.  8)

What edits can we do to add subs to a button? (I'm trying to only run one button, but with 6-8 subs)
I tried copying #4 in the "$sourcedir/ManageSettings.php" file and setting it as #5 but that didn't work.

Thanks... Ken.

Well, I could probably add more menu items, however, see the background image for them menu does not let enough for a long list of menu items, the bottom of them menu would become transparent, if a custom theme has a black background under the drop down menu, then you will not be able to see the text, until you hover that is.

On the other hand, it is completely possible and will work

By the way..

What exactly did you try to change... ???

SMF 2.0 RC5

Ken.

My first edit was only to the ManageSettings.php file, but after posting I reviewed the xml file and found the other edits that are needed to make the extra subs show up and work in the buttons cp.

My forum already has too many 'main' buttons, that's the reason for attempting to put in the extra subs for this Custom Button.
"If you don't have a stack of failures in your shop, you aren't trying hard enough". --Richard Raffin.

Advertisement: