News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Alternate User Posting

Started by Diego Andrés, July 28, 2010, 10:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diego Andrés

Link to the mod

Alternate User Posting
Developed by Diego Andrés
Original Developer: Robbo_

Introduction
Alternate User Posting mod will allow you to post as a different user or change the user linked to a post, providing you have the right permissions to do so. Each user with the correct permissions will see an additional field to place a the name of another member to be the poster of the message.

Features
  • Set permissions for who can post as an alternate user/change the author of a post.

Localization
English
Spanish
Dutch by @rjen

Changelog
GitHub

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

~DS~

Ummm...this mess up the message icons somehow...
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Robbo_

Quote from: dalga on July 29, 2010, 03:32:29 AM
Link To Mod =  http://http//custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2626
Oops, was in a hurry then I put that in. Fixed now.

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 29, 2010, 04:05:48 AM
Ummm...this mess up the message icons somehow...
You mean on the posting page? More details would be nice...
Aus-Newerth

Quote from: IRC
Roph> I just finished a double 1/2lb cheese, bacon & salad beef burger
Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
Roph> how could ensie go about satisfying me =o
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

~DS~

Oops, my bad. This is what happen when replying a post: (image attached)
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Robbo_

Quote from: Dismal Shadow on July 29, 2010, 06:10:15 AM
Oops, my bad. This is what happen when replying a post: (image attached)
Ok just tested it. The problem is that I only tested this on wide-screen and it looks fine. I'll get a fix up some time tonight.
Seems the cust team was also only using wide-screen :p
Aus-Newerth

Roph> no woman on earth could satisfy me as much as I am satisfied right now by this burger
... later on ...
<Ensiferous> Roph: Merely looking at me would yield far more pleasure than a burger can provide.

akbora

This is a very good mod. This works perfect. I ask a question, doesn't this work on quick reply area?

In addition, the important thing that user must be online. User sends a post but user isn't there?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Robbo_

Quote from: akbora on July 29, 2010, 07:13:29 AM
This is a very good mod. This works perfect. I ask a question, doesn't this work on quick reply area?
Quick replies are just that. Quick replies. It doesn't have the other advanced features either. I won't be adding this to quick replies.

Quote from: akbora on July 29, 2010, 07:13:29 AM
In addition, the important thing that user must be online. User sends a post but user isn't there?
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It doesn't matter if the user is online or not, just has to be a valid user...?
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

akbora

Thank you. For example my nick is akboıra I want to post as Robbo. I posted it but Robbo is offline, there isn't Robbo online list?
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

~DS~

Quote from: akbora on July 29, 2010, 07:56:40 AM
Thank you. For example my nick is akboıra I want to post as Robbo. I posted it but Robbo is offline, there isn't Robbo online list?
That's how it is, the same with other mod "Post as Alternate User"

TheListener

Quick question.

I have a section on the forum for Community messages which I receive from the local Police ie when witnesses are required like you read in the newspapers.

Is a seperate registered account still necessary?

Robbo_

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Douglas

You can enable Guest posting on a per forum basis, Brack.  Consult the Online Manual for directions on how to do that via forum permissions.
Doug Hazard
* Full Stack (Web) Developer for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond
(20+ Diocesan sites, 130+ Church sites & 24 School sites)
* Sports Photographer and Media Personality
* CFB Historian
* Tech Admin for one 1M+ post, one 2M+ post and one 10M+ post sites (last two are powered by multiple servers)
* WordPress Developer (Junkie / Guru / Maven / whatever)

Masterd

Robbo_

Version 1.0.1
- fixed a minor bug with the posting page
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Matthew K.

akbora

Dear Robbo what about these?
1. with Quick reply
2. Member online

Does Last updated file inlude these?

When  a member want to post immediately become online position. This member appears online list at info center. Thanks
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Robbo_

1. No.
2. I still have no idea what you are talking about.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

akbora

Quote from: Robbo_ on August 05, 2010, 06:10:10 AM
1. No.
2. I still have no idea what you are talking about.
Robbo very thanks,

For example:

''Users Online

1,347 Guests, 76 Users (4 Hidden)

Users active in past 30 minutes:
masum_avcisi, D4m13n73, by designer, Grim Line, GravuTrad, skiper_, xenovanis, IvoLeite, hankxemn, xgitarx, Nas, Bugo, narongwr, Masterd, giorgoscy16, Royalduke, Bingham, master5string, str00py, mark7144, agridoc, SONSiVRi, maximus23, AvASpain, SOLAAR, haykirish, SN, Maniaco, Robbo_, ®SirtLan, cicka, StarWars Fan, fo$fik, fuma1986, Tapsa2, haito, IceXaos, Snaky_Love, angel, SergeS, ChrisBoon, forumnepali, Camealion, MonoTiz, gourav, Zonneangel, thejoker.emerson, dragoman, deansmar, flash_007, HemenUlas, dekay, Rik©, spritzer, Leni_10, rocknroller, Murat®, PascalCX, Gazmanafc, captanmeto, Fussilet, rafli, Bigguy, Dalando, krle, Kibbles, Lord High Warlock, sezmel, wizzard1, GarfieldP, Maxion7, capady ''

Every member posting a message to the topic has to be online in this list. Try post alternate mod it is like that. Thanks.
SMF 2.0.13
Default Theme
Utf8 Turkish
---------------

Robbo_

Not going to do that either as that user wasn't online and I don't see any benefit.
Aus-Newerth

... later on ...

Advertisement: