Adjusting Coptright Position !

Started by Paul_Pauline, July 29, 2010, 11:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_Pauline

Hi Guyz   :)

I have just installed "Flagrant" by Crip on a 2.0 RC3 test site.

I also have Simple Portal installed, the problem is the positioning of all the copyrights   :o

They straddle the bottom of the board, half in and half out, and look a mess  :(

I would like them "ALL" to either move up into the white background of the board, or drop completely out of the board, as on this site !

I'm sure one of you guyz  will have an answer  O:)

Thanks, Paul.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

TheListener

Being one with hardly any coding knowledge.

Wouldn't it be the page breaks?

mirahalo

can you provided a link to your site or where the theme is installed?

normally, all the copys are in a div called copy or something,  move that div outside of the wraper or a div inside the wrapper will solve that,  or by css by adding padding, but all depends,    oh I just saw you said "test board"  let me then install that theme and sp on local to see what I can do.

Paul_Pauline

"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

TheListener

;D ;D ;D ;D

I do hope the name is related to photography.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Anyways was I on the right track?

Paul_Pauline

What do I know   :-[  Hoping 130860 has the answer !

I kept breaking the template when I moved it about ....

mirahalo

try moving the entire footerarea div   <div id="footerarea"></div>   which conteins all ther copys  to inside the   bodyarea div,  localize the end of that div and before the end add the complete div footerarea,

to get a better look where the bodyarea div ends,   it end right before the <div id="footer"> begins

or could you please add your index.template here ;)

Paul_Pauline

Ya messing with my head now   :-\

Template attached   ;)

mirahalo

ok, try this one, it may need some adjust with css, for some reason my local board dont like this theme and it doesnt show properly so I couldn't test it

Paul_Pauline

Hi.

It's actually the flagrant_alt theme, the basic flagrant theme isn't loading properly !

I'll give it a try  :)

Paul_Pauline

It's looking pretty good   :)  http://amateurflashers.net/index.php?action=forum

Would it be possible to get "Flagrant by Crip" on its own line below the Simple Portal copyright ?

Paul_Pauline

Whoops, just noticed its messed up the bottom of the forum, the rounded corners have gone   :o

Its added another white border to the bottom, rather than moving the text up, would it be easier to drop all the copyrights below the board as on here ?

YogiBear

Quote from: Paul_Pauline on July 29, 2010, 12:41:02 PM
... would it be easier to drop all the copyrights below the board as on here ?

Arghh! You'll get shot.  :o
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

mirahalo

Paul_Pauline

I'll give it a go !

@ bear, I don't mean get rid of them, I meant drop them down like at the bottom of this forum   ;)

Paul_Pauline

mirahalo

yes, just  find this

Code (css) Select
echo '<span class="smalltext">', theme_copyright(), '

and replace with this:

Code (css) Select
<span class="smalltext" style="text-align:center; margin: auto;">', theme_copyright(), '

that should center all the copys, if you want to have it like it was before, all words capitalize then replace with this:

Code (css) Select
   <span class="smalltext" style="text-align:center; margin: auto; text-transform: uppercase;">', theme_copyright(), '

Paul_Pauline

Hmm, doesn't seem to have made any difference   :(

mirahalo

alright, I swear this will be the last one,   not havin my morning coffee  has a mayor impact on me :P

Paul_Pauline

Hey, you the man   :D

I wouldn't have known where to start, just when I had got a very basic idea of how 1.1.11 worked, I go and try 2.0  :o

It seems wayyyyyyyyyy  more complicated  !

Thanks for all your work, Paul   :-*

Advertisement: