News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

?? in Link Tree

Started by Paul_Pauline, July 29, 2010, 04:17:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul_Pauline

Hi Guyz.

Sure i've seen this discussed, but the search doesn't appear to be working !

What was the fix ?

Thanks, Paul.
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

Matthew K.

This is a little vague, unless I am out of the loop about something. Have any more details?

IchBin™

It's the theme. In the theme_linktree() function in the index.template.php file, they have likely put a character in there that is causing it. Post that function in some [code][/code] tags and I'm sure we can show you.
IchBin™        TinyPortal

Paul_Pauline

Hi   :)

Here's the file  ........
"In every life, no matter how full or empty one's purse, there is tragedy. It is the one promise life always fulfills.
Happiness is a gift and the trick is not to expect it, but to delight in it when it comes and to add to other people's store of it."
Pauline was one of those rare people who increased the store of happiness in the world.

IchBin™

Paul_Pauline

Hi   :)

Halfway there, take a look at the new screenshot   ;)

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

I wonder why you have to modify the index.template.php file? Shouldn't it be in load.php or something?

Joker™

QuoteI wonder why you have to modify the index.template.php file? Shouldn't it be in load.php or something?

search index.template.php for "linktree" you will come to know yourself

try this one :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Btw, why the use of echo ' »';instead of echo ' »';. Is it the same or somewhat different?

IchBin™

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on July 30, 2010, 04:49:13 PM
Btw, why the use of echo ' »';instead of echo ' »';. Is it the same or somewhat different?

See for yourself.
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_entities.asp

Joker™

i made a mistake in previous file , try this one
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

Paul_Pauline

Hi.

Still playing up   :(

Here's the latest screenshot  :o

Joker™

can we get your site link , if you like to share :)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Paul_Pauline

Hi Joker.

That's not a problem, it's a 2.0 RC3 copy i'm making of my live site which runs on 1.1.11. It's an adult content site site though !

www.amateurflashers.net   O:)

Joker™

umm right now i'm unable to see what is causing the error,you can try this

find:
// Don't show a separator for the last one (RTL mode)
if ($link_num != count($context['linktree']) - 1 && $context['right_to_left'])
echo '« ';

from that remove

echo '« ';

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Paul_Pauline

I just have to pop out, will try it later, thanks for trying to help  ;)

Will this be a common fault in Crips themes, I believe he uses mostly the same code all the time ?

Joker™

sure , my eyes are also popping out , need to take some rest .
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Paul_Pauline

Hi Joker.

Tried that and nothing happened ! (Makes you wonder what it does)  :o

I put that line back in again !

Paul.

Advertisement: