Finally, an SMF 2.0 Update

Started by [SiNaN], July 30, 2010, 04:58:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Can you back up your statement with some evidence?

Kindred

what?  That nothing is unforgivable or unforgettable?    just look at history and the revisions thereof.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

~DS~

History cannot be erased nor forgetten, I know of no reason why the SMF January split should ever be forgot.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

Kindred

You obviously are not actually a student of history.
History can not only be erased and/or forgotten, it can be re-written.

As for the specific instance of Simple Machines.

1- You, like much of the public, have no idea of the specific details of "the SMF January split", so every time a non-team member cries that cry, I shake my head in bemusement at the psychology of groups and followers.

2- with only a few exceptions, the people involved in that split are no longer on the team. The ones that are are working within the new organization (see next point).

3- the entire organization has since been reorganized - such an attempt could not happen with the new organization.

4- the SMF Friends and team who were involved in one side or the other have all moved on. Why can't you?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Suki

If many of the real affected people had leave J10  behind and move on already why a regular person can't ???
Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

live627

Kindred, your reply looks like it's saying everything's fine forget everything people posted publicly about the split

Kindred

yup, pretty much.

All of the people directly and indirectly involved have let it go, moved on, or rejoined.
The only people obsessing over it, these days, appear to be those who were indirectly and tangentially involved in the fallout conversations.
Слaва
Украинi

~DS~

Quote from: Kindred on April 29, 2011, 01:59:03 PM
You obviously are not actually a student of history.
Neither are you.
QuoteHistory can not only be erased and/or forgotten, it can be re-written.
No they don't, history cannot be re-written ever. Can you rewritten JFK's assassination or even 9/11 for that matter?

Quote1- You, like much of the public, have no idea of the specific details of "the SMF January split", so every time a non-team member cries that cry, I shake my head in bemusement at the psychology of groups and followers.
Sure I don't, but due to the way of how SMF censor things from the public every time a 'specific detail' is revealed is no laughing matter. I am no follower, just an end user.
Quote4- the SMF Friends and team who were involved in one side or the other have all moved on. Why can't you?
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on April 29, 2011, 02:01:38 PM
If many of the real affected people had leave J10  behind and move on already why a regular person can't ???
Did they REALLY?
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."

Arantor

To your last point, I would say that most of them *have*.

Suki

Disclaimer: unless otherwise stated, all my posts are personal and does not represent any views or opinions held by Simple Machines.

Kindred

Dismal...

actually, I am a student of history (although most of my interest ends at about the 1800's).
And you are distinctly and very obviously wrong. History can (and frequently IS) rewritten -- sometimes it is immediately re-written. Remember "history is written by the winners".

Perhaps I should be more clear though. 
$events != $history;
$events['perception'] = $history;

and perception is very easy to change.
Слaва
Украинi

b4pjoe

Quote from: Kindred on April 29, 2011, 02:34:15 PM
yup, pretty much.

All of the people directly and indirectly involved have let it go, moved on, or rejoined.
The only people obsessing over it, these days, appear to be those who were indirectly and tangentially involved in the fallout conversations.

Well, I'm just a user but surely you jest when you say it didn't affect "those who were indirectly and tangentially involved in the fallout conversations"? The delay in development caused by the issue affected all SMF users. Right now I think the only real thing most of the users obsess over is when SMF 2.0 FINAL will finally be released. (Yes, I know, when it is ready!)

Kindred

no... I never said it didn't AFFECT the general user population.

I said that the only people who are still obsessing over the occurrence itself (as opposed to any delays in releasing 2.0) are those who basically got involved with a "OMG, I can't believe what I just read. OMG, me too"
Слaва
Украинi

~DS~

Quote from: Kindred on April 29, 2011, 02:51:12 PM
Dismal...

actually, I am a student of history (although most of my interest ends at about the 1800's).
And you are distinctly and very obviously wrong. History can (and frequently IS) rewritten -- sometimes it is immediately re-written. Remember "history is written by the winners".

Perhaps I should be more clear though. 
$events != $history;
$events['perception'] = $history;

and perception is very easy to change.
You have your belief, I have mine, so good luck 're-writing' the history of SMF.

live627

It'd be interesting what would be said of AeMe if such a thing *did* happen

Suki

Care to back up your "beliefs" Dismal  ? Kindred already did ;)

Kindred

well, dismal...   we've gone tangential to the original point...  why do we have to re-write anything to do with SMF's history?  As I have said, WE (i.e. those of use involved with it) have all moved on, why can't you?

Live... I really have no idea what you are on about or what AeMe has to do with anything said here.
Слaва
Украинi

DoctorMalboro

Quote from: Miss All Sunday on April 29, 2011, 02:01:38 PMIf many of the real affected people had leave J10  behind and move on already why a regular person can't ???
Because you don't forget something that easily. Did you ever suffer the lost of a friend, relative or parent? Did you just wake up one morning and said "Oh, well... No more crying".

It's the most ridicolous concept of saying this small as a software internal thing in comparision of something that can't be forgotten, such as a tragedy...

But I think only a few people could talk about "forgetting" or "forgiving"... and there aren't in this thread right now...

Suki

Quote from: DoctorMalboro on April 29, 2011, 05:04:28 PM
Quote from: Miss All Sunday on April 29, 2011, 02:01:38 PMIf many of the real affected people had leave J10  behind and move on already why a regular person can't ???
Because you don't forget something that easily. Did you ever suffer the lost of a friend, relative or parent? Did you just wake up one morning and said "Oh, well... No more crying".

It's the most ridicolous concept of saying this small as a software internal thing in comparision of something that can't be forgotten, such as a tragedy...

But I think only a few people could talk about "forgetting" or "forgiving"... and there aren't in this thread right now...

Well,  you misunderstand me,   lets use your  "lose a relative"  example to illustrate my point.

Lets say (hypothetically of course ;) ) your friend lose a relative, a sister.

He will certainly will not forget his sister, because hi is in a lot of pain, thats totally understandable.

but you, who barely spoke to her and barely knew her, you have way more chances to easily forget about her and continue with your life.   (your friend will do the same eventually.)

In SMF case  all those (or the big majority) directly involved have already move on.    And if those who really experienced what happen already move on, why someone who wasn't even directly involved haven't?

note that I didn't say that J10  was easy to forget...   because its not,   so please do not misunderstand my words.

see my point?

DoctorMalboro

Advertisement: