News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Default Avatar

Started by vbgamer45, July 30, 2010, 11:25:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dzonny

If I may suggest, "image path" in mods settings should be change to "Image url" as I tried for 20 minutes to type different paths to images in order to get it working with just url. :s

Joker™

Quote from: Dzonny on July 17, 2013, 06:52:05 PM
If I may suggest, "image path" in mods settings should be change to "Image url" as I tried for 20 minutes to type different paths to images in order to get it working with just url. :s
Lol, yup seems to be a legit text change.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Joker™

Mod updated with
- Extended support for other mods
- License change
- Github repo
- Bug fixes
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

wumpyc

When I install it my letters become bigger and I get some text at the top of my page
Here's a screenshot:
puu.sh/3PeGi.jpg

Joker™

Quote from: wumpyc on July 30, 2013, 03:37:40 AM
When I install it my letters become bigger and I get some text at the top of my page
Here's a screenshot:
puu.sh/3PeGi.jpg
Well it seems like there is some issue with Modification.english.php. Please attach the file over here:

Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Draffi

@Joker:

Can i ask what exactly this means?

(What mods are supported?)

TheListener

Quote from: Draffi on July 31, 2013, 07:30:53 PM
@Joker:

Mods which are avatar related I expect.

wumpyc

Quote from: Joker™ on July 30, 2013, 01:36:08 PM
Here's a screenshot:
puu.sh/3PeGi.jpg
Well it seems like there is some issue with Modification.english.php. Please attach the file over here:

here

Joker™

Quote from: Old Fossil on July 31, 2013, 07:39:38 PM
Quote from: Draffi on July 31, 2013, 07:30:53 PM
@Joker:

Mods which are avatar related I expect.
Thanks a lot oldies :P. Really without you I'd have to give a lot of mod support answers, really.

Draffi, like there is a mod called Buddy Page which shows user buddy's info. Such mods were unable to show avatar for members which weren't having any avatar.

With new extended capabilities such mods can integrate this mod and show default avatars.

I hope this helps :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Joker™

Quote from: wumpyc on August 01, 2013, 09:54:36 AM
Here's a screenshot:
puu.sh/3PeGi.jpg

here
Hi wumpyc,

Your modifications.english.php doesn't look fine, as its not having any of the mod related text strings.

Please check whether the mod is installed properly or not. You can use this link and check each file manually which is being tweaked by the mod at the time of installation.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

wumpyc

Quote from: Joker™ on August 01, 2013, 10:00:01 AM
Quote from: wumpyc on August 01, 2013, 09:54:36 AM
Here's a screenshot:
puu.sh/3PeGi.jpg

here
Hi wumpyc,

Your modifications.english.php doesn't look fine, as its not having any of the mod related text strings.

Please check whether the mod is installed properly or not. You can use this link and check each file manually which is being tweaked by the mod at the time of installation.
The mod is currently not installed. I have uninstalled it because of that issue. Do you want me to pop you up Modification.english.php with Default Avatar installed?

Joker™

Quote from: wumpyc on August 03, 2013, 01:37:53 AM
The mod is currently not installed. I have uninstalled it because of that issue. Do you want me to pop you up Modification.english.php with Default Avatar installed?
Umm clarify me with few questions:

1. Issues happens with mod installed?
2. Is your website fine after uninstalling the mod?
3. Any errors while installing the mod?
4. Any errors while uninstalling the mod?
5. Are you installing the mod via package manager or manually?
6. Which version of SMF are you using?

- Joker™
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

BeerHuntor

Having issues with this mod,  currently running version 2.0.2 installed flawlessly, made my member groups as invisible, and forced users to use the avatar, but when i type the avatar url into the "image path" the image doesnt show up, just shows like a box with an x in the middle indicating it cant show the image can someone please help me

Burke ♞ Knight

How exactly are you entering in the URL to the image?

BeerHuntor

h t t p s://www.army.mod.uk/images/general-content/finalrank_blank.gif

(without the spaces obviously, cant post links under 10 posts)

Burke ♞ Knight

Try to put the image in the Avatars folder.
Then link to it there. That may or may not help, but it's an idea. :)

Tennant

Error I get whenever I try to make a new member group.

Mod installed:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2665

Error log:

Any help?

Joker™

Quote from: Tennant on August 04, 2014, 11:37:22 PM
Error I get whenever I try to make a new member group.
Hey,

This mod doesn't make such edit. It looks like the error is coming up due to some other mod.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

richardwbb

I am aware that the author isn't really available, though I'm not seeking support. I noticed that this topic hasn't been posted to for atleast one hundred twenty days, but;

When I did a file search on my computer, coincidentally, found a 'default avatar', it is from a theme 'Adwaita', released under GNU GPL 2.

Because this modification was something I was looking for and because I believe this avatar is modern and real slick, I decided to share it for you to grab. It is in a large format so you might want to resize to a hundred by a hundred.

http://parkeerdoos.netau.net/map/simplemachines/avatar-default.png
If my post in this topic looks ambiguous to you, then I'm with Murphy's law and General Stupidity. In other words, trial and error.

jcarnes

I'm pretty new to dealing with mods. I'm trying to figure out where to put the default avatars for male and female since I want to host the files myself and not pull them in from the Internet. I'm using 3 themes and would like the avatars to show up on all of them. Any ideas or guidance would be great. Thanks for an excellent mod!

Advertisement: