Okay Help.

Started by Bingham, August 01, 2010, 12:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingham

1. My site will be about a Clan i have made PvB wich is Plants Vs Zombie , so that is the reason why i am making it so all my member can talk and also watch videos and ect ect

2. Im hoping about 5- 30 people in the year so it will be farly active and all users will be online a day..

3. What facilities/mods/add-ons you want to use. - I dont no what this means XD

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

SMF Requirements

For a home page, have a look at the various portals: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=search;type=17

Can someone move this off to Chit Chat OR Building Your Community and other Forum Advice?

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

He already open 2 thread before this for the same purpose. I do not know what he really wants.

Bingham

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on August 01, 2010, 12:53:31 PM
He already open 2 thread before this for the same purpose. I do not know what he really wants.
No i got told to post some thing he to ask people what i need... so go away.

TheListener

What Bingham is looking for is a free host so he can test the water so to speak.

He is only 15 so patience will be required here.

Come on folks surely you can remember what it was like when you first entered the world of forums.

I know I can ( just about anyways).

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Yeah. You are right Brack1. Patience is due and required here (from me).  :P

@ Bingham, why dont you read? There are plenty of information around this board. Or you still wanna be spoonfed?

Bingham

Quote from: AbuFahim⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ on August 01, 2010, 01:55:08 PM
Yeah. You are right Brack1. Patience is due and required here (from me).  :P

@ Bingham, why dont you read? There are plenty of information around this board. Or you still wanna be spoonfed?
Spoonfed please :) i dont tend to understand words well i do , it is just that i will get confused more..

YogiBear

Come on, Bingham, you were almost there in Chit Chat.

1. You want a free hosting service in case your project doesn't work out.

2. The forum is for your friends who are interested in xbox so a starter site/package will suffice.

3. Now you want to find a free host for your site so you can upload a version of SMF but, as I explained, if you want some of this done for you then paid hosting is usually the way to go.

You weren't told to 'go away' in Chit Chat but you need to think and explain yourself more clearly so folk can help you. Of course you're nervous but this is a good sign.

You need to walk before you can run so do swot up on at least some of the information available around here. You won't find a bigger 'library' with better practitioners on the net.  :)

Try and post again on this thread a general idea of...

1. What your site is about.

2. How many members you envisage in the first year.

3. What facilities/mods/add-ons you want to use.

Show you've thought about it and now you seek advice as to what type of package would be a good starting point.

Uncle Yogi.  ;)
SMF v2.1.3  Mods : Snow & Garland v1.4,  PHP  v.7.4.33

rd

No offense or anything but I think he's making a clan forum and those types of forums are usually very small because only clan members join.

YogiBear

Ah, right lol.

Hmm, I'll get shot for this but I've seen software which can be automatically uploaded directly onto a sub-domain of an existing host. A sort of instant plug-n-play with the minumum of set up. Could that be a way forward considering..?

Bingham

1. My site will be about a Clan i have made PvB wich is Plants Vs Zombie , so that is the reason why i am making it so all my member can talk and also watch videos and ect ect

2. Im hoping about 5- 30 people in the year so it will be farly active and all users will be online a day..

3. What facilities/mods/add-ons you want to use. - I dont no what this means XD

Okay?

smp420

"Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out." -Jack Buck

YogiBear

Yes! Thanks, smp.  :)

There you go, Bingham, and there's a dedicated support forum for Users too...

http://www.smfsupport.com/support/index.php

All the best.  :)

Bingham

Quote from: YogiBear on August 01, 2010, 05:02:34 PM
Yes! Thanks, smp.  :)

There you go, Bingham, and there's a dedicated support forum for Users too...

http://www.smfsupport.com/support/index.php

All the best.  :)
You are not leaving me :( you got msn? you are coool :)

YogiBear

You're so very kind but I'm so busy these days. Bound to see you somewhere around though. Take good care.  :) ;)

PS  Don't forget to thank smp420.

Bingham

Quote from: YogiBear on August 01, 2010, 05:23:00 PM
You're so very kind but I'm so busy these days. Bound to see you somewhere around though. Take good care.  :) ;)
But man ;( i still need your help what is tht link? aww man plz dont leave me :(

TheListener

Bingham

There are many folks here willing to give a helping hand.

by the way it's bear hunting season  ;D

Bingham

Quote from: Brack1 on August 01, 2010, 05:30:36 PM
Bingham

There are many folks here willing to give a helping hand.

by the way it's bear hunting season  ;D
such as you :)

Okay first of what do i do with tht link i got given :)

DoctorMalboro

Bingham

Quote from: smp420 on August 01, 2010, 04:21:30 PM
Try smffor free http://www.smfforfree.com/
This will allow me to have a home page aswell? as a form?

Advertisement: