IUMQ - Install & Uninstall Mods Quickly (Fully Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, August 08, 2010, 08:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joker™

And may I know who advised you to use a RC3 file on RC5? There must be a lot of changes in the files and you should avoid replacing files from older versions to new versions. Also if you had difficulty instaling a mod you must see the mod code, try to understand it and then implement it into your file, rather than replacing the whole file.

I would advise you that don't replace files as such, instead of it ask mod author to help in installing the mod in new versions.

As you are using a different version file on your file, that might be creating problems for you, as for me the mod is working quite fine on my own forum running with RC4 security patch.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

live627

In addition, the RC3 Packages template contains a bug

Arantor

In addition, the RC5 Packages template fixed one bug and left one in.

dougiefresh

Joker: I wanted the Sorted Packages mod installed, but that mod was a pay-for mod and I decided to be cheap until I could get the money to pay for the thing....  No one "advised" me to replace the file, but it works for my purposes at the moment.  Sorry if I stepped on any toes  :-[ 

I just thought I'd mention the problem and show the solution that I figured out....  I thought it funny that the package installer worked fine, but produced errors with this mod installed....

Joker™

I would advise you to place the original RC5 file in your forum instead of RC3 file.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

dougiefresh

Sorry about the late reply..... I restored the RC5 file and gave up on the sorted packages mod.  Everything seems to work without issue using the RC5 mod.... Thanks for your assistance!

T3CHN0

Hackathon

Tibbetts

When I try to download this, there is no .zip file to unzip.  It just downloads a file that says install.

-Tibbetts
Cowl: "Insolent child! I will rip your mind asunder!"
Harry Dresden: "Bring it, Darth Bathrobe!"

Hackathon

Quote from: Tibbetts on October 18, 2011, 12:42:55 PM
When I try to download this, there is no .zip file to unzip.  It just downloads a file that says install.

-Tibbetts

just rename and add .zip at the end

I've no idea why this happens..

Joker™

Quote from: Tibbetts on October 18, 2011, 12:42:55 PM

-Tibbetts
Try downloading the mod now. Do post your feedback :).
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Tibbetts

It downloads as a .zip now.  Thanks! :D

-Tibbetts

Joker™

Quote from: Tibbetts on October 18, 2011, 02:12:38 PM
It downloads as a .zip now.  Thanks! :D

-Tibbetts
Are you using FF7? That browser version is playing a bit naughty with headers :P.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Tibbetts

Yeah, I'm using FF 7.0.1.  lol...

-Tibbetts

Joker™

Quote from: Tibbetts on October 18, 2011, 02:42:23 PM
Yeah, I'm using FF 7.0.1.  lol...
Thanks for the info ;).

By chance is was reading header of ff only and saw unusual behavior while content disposition. Will try to see more in it.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

T3CHN0

this happens because the one who uploads a file with a space on SMF gets the first part of the file name
such as new install.zip will rename it self to new and no extension but you the file was uploaded
such as new_install.zip then the file would download with its full name and extension.

Tibbetts

Weird how that does that.  Good thing to know for the future.

-Tibbetts

Joker™

Quote from: T3CHN0 on October 18, 2011, 08:21:57 PM
this happens because the one who uploads a file with a space on SMF gets the first part of the file name
such as new install.zip will rename it self to new and no extension but you the file was uploaded
such as new_install.zip then the file would download with its full name and extension.
Are you sure about that? As all other browsers are able to download the same package with no issues at all. Most probably there are some changes in ff7 which might be causing the issue.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

T3CHN0

Quote from: Joker™ on October 19, 2011, 05:37:43 AM
Quote from: T3CHN0 on October 18, 2011, 08:21:57 PM
Are you sure about that? As all other browsers are able to download the same package with no issues at all. Most probably there are some changes in ff7 which might be causing the issue.
Yes you are right, my mistake... FF7 is the problem. I just tested downloading with IE9 and Google Chrome and the broken naming downloads fine.
I use FF 90% of the time and other browsers for testing my site to see how it looks with other browsers... so an over look on by behalf.
but just to be on the safe side within SMF if offering downloads just give the download a full unbroken name and that will stop others asking why there
download has no ".extension

Ninja ZX-10RR

I perfectly know that this topic hasn0t had replies for more than 2 years but i got an error from this everytime i try to uninstall ANY other mod it gives me this thing:

And the lines compared to the original "Packages.Template.php" are these ones:

Please help me, as this topic has been very inactive i will pm you as well so you can see it...
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: