News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PM Attachments

Started by SoLoGHoST, August 20, 2009, 09:08:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CreativeITWorld.com

Installed perfectly on 2.1.4.

Not Important:
The only issues were ZIP and RAR files.
They attached, but couldn't be accessed.
Expectation: There should have been the ability to download them.

To download this Mod find the attachment in the quoted message from @moyack

* PM_Attachments_v2.13.zip
74.11 KB
downloaded 17 times

Quote from: moyack on January 04, 2023, 03:16:42 PMHi!!

As a user of this mod, and with the current version 2.1.3 I did some improvements to the general code in order to make it more compatible to the 2.1.X series.
Some of the updates done are the following:
  • It install for 2.1.* version, so any upgrade in the 2.1 line will work.
  • Now the attachments has the same presentation in the PM post as normal attachment post
  • for that reason, in 2.1.x install, the function Add_PM_JavaScript()  is not loaded
  • This allowed me to fix an annoying bug in the interface in PM which causes the
    <header>
    content were not loaded there, but in the
    <body>
    instead.
  • Removed some deprecated create_function()  in Subs-PMAttachmentsAdmin.php file.
  • Changed the settings interface in the PM maintenance section, so it can fit better with the new 2.1.x style, class and help.

NOTE: I did not make any updates to the 2.0 part. I think we should encourage to the latest version.

Feel free to use and of course all the credits are for the original authors.

Dave J

For some reason I now cannot get the attachments to open/download. I have updated it to the 'moyack' version but I get the following response to every attachment that's added and clicked on

This site can't be reached The webpage at https://*******/Testing2/index.php?action=dlpmattach;pm=3;attach=4 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

I've run repair_settings and checked the pm attachments folder and the files go in there but never come out  :P

Anyone have the same issue?

It's worth noting that I used 3 different files, a small pdf, a txt and a .php file but none of them can be downloaded.

If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

LuciferMorningstar

I installed the mod on SMF 2.1.4 but when I send a message with an attachment, the attachment is not seen.

GL700Wing

Quote from: LuciferMorningstar on November 24, 2023, 04:54:31 AMI installed the mod on SMF 2.1.4 but when I send a message with an attachment, the attachment is not seen.
Is the recipient in a membergroup that is allowed to see PM attachments?
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

LuciferMorningstar

Quote from: GL700Wing on November 24, 2023, 07:52:21 AM
Quote from: LuciferMorningstar on November 24, 2023, 04:54:31 AMI installed the mod on SMF 2.1.4 but when I send a message with an attachment, the attachment is not seen.
Is the recipient in a membergroup that is allowed to see PM attachments?
Yes.

GL700Wing

If you also have the Post and PM Inline Attachments mod installed make sure it's the latest version ...

Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

LuciferMorningstar

Quote from: GL700Wing on November 25, 2023, 06:11:50 AMIf you also have the Post and PM Inline Attachments mod installed make sure it's the latest version ...
I installed the latest version of Post and PM Inline Attachments.
Unfortunately the problem still remains  :(

GL700Wing

Is the attachment inline or below the message body?
Can you see the attachment in the sent PM?

Slava
Ukraini!

LuciferMorningstar

Quote from: GL700Wing on November 26, 2023, 03:15:08 PM
When I upload an image I see its name next to "upload file" but it is not in the message body.

GL700Wing

Quote from: LuciferMorningstar on November 27, 2023, 10:46:53 AM
Quote from: GL700Wing on November 26, 2023, 03:15:08 PM
When I upload an image I see its name next to "upload file" but it is not in the message body.
By default this mod cannot show attachments in the message body for either SMF 2.0 or SMF 2.1 - they are only ever shown below the message body in a sent or received PM.

However, and for SMF 2.0 only, the Post and PM Inline Attachments mod enables PM attachments to be inserted into the message body of a PM.

Slava
Ukraini!

LuciferMorningstar

Hello.
I'm using the 2.13 version of this mod and it works with my SMF 2.1.4 now.
I want to report a bug.
When a user is temporarily banned, it is no longer possible to send him messages with attachments, even when he is automatically readmitted after the ban expires.
To allow users to send messages with attachments to users who have been banned, their names must be deleted from the ban list.
It would be a good idea to fix this flaw.

PS: The error message that appears when you try to send the message with the attachment is "attach_timeout".

LuciferMorningstar

How can you enter an error message when the attachment you want to send is too large for the size allowed?
The error message that appears is blank.

GL700Wing

Quote from: LuciferMorningstar on December 13, 2023, 09:35:14 AMHow can you enter an error message when the attachment you want to send is too large for the size allowed?
The error message that appears is blank.
Add a text string for 'file_too_big' to your Modifications language file.

Example for ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
$txt['file_too_big'] = 'Your file is too large. The maximum attachment size allowed is %1$s KB.';

Slava
Ukraini!

GL700Wing

Quote from: LuciferMorningstar on December 13, 2023, 09:14:10 AMI want to report a bug.
When a user is temporarily banned, it is no longer possible to send him messages with attachments, even when he is automatically readmitted after the ban expires.
To allow users to send messages with attachments to users who have been banned, their names must be deleted from the ban list.
What type of ban did you apply to the user (ie, full or partial) and if ii was a partial ban what restrictions were applied?

Also, is it possible to send a PM without an attachment to a user for whom a ban has expired?

Slava
Ukraini!

LuciferMorningstar

Quote from: GL700Wing on December 13, 2023, 04:07:59 PM
Quote from: LuciferMorningstar on December 13, 2023, 09:14:10 AMI want to report a bug.
What type of ban did you apply to the user (ie, full or partial) and if ii was a partial ban what restrictions were applied?

Also, is it possible to send a PM without an attachment to a user for whom a ban has expired?
I created an account called Account2 and totally banned it for a day.
While he was banned, I seem to remember sending him a PM and that the message was sent (however I have now checked that Account2 did not receive anything).
After the ban ended, I received this first error message (the private message that I intended to send was without an attachment).

You cannot view this attachment.

"Account2 cannot receive private messages".

Then I tried to send him a message with an attachment twice and got this other error message.

If I don't remove it from the ban list, Account2 cannot receive any type of private message.

PS: Maybe I don't remember correctly, while he was banned the same error message may have appeared (Account2 cannot receive private messages).
Checking now among my sent messages, no message appears to have been sent to Account2.

OK, I banned another test account (total ban for one day) and I've tried to send it a private messagge but the error is always "X cannot receive private messages).

Here the ban details that I'm using:

GL700Wing

@LuciferMorningstar

I cannot reproduce this error - although I cannot send a PM to a member while they are banned (I also get the 'attach_timeout' error message if the PM has an attachment) once the ban expires I can send them  a PM (with or without an attachment) without having to delete the expired ban. 

However, and given the issue you're encountering affects the sending of all PMs (ie, with or without attachments) to a member who is no longer banned it seems you have some other issue in relation to SMF 2.1.4 and it is not specifically related to this mod.  As such, you should seek support for this issue  in the SMF 2.1 Support board.

Finally, and in relation to the 'attach_timeout' error message not being displayed correctly, add a text string for 'attach_timeout' to your Modifications language file.

Example for ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php
$txt['attach_timeout'] = 'Your attachment couldn\'t be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.<br><br>Please consult your server administrator for more information.';

Slava
Ukraini!

Viper013

SMF 2.1.4
------------------------

Hi,

first thanks for updating this nice mod.

I use moyack's update version of this mod and it works nearly perfect.

But i get always when a pm with attachments is send an error in the admin log.

How can i get rid of this error:  "Undefined array key "instant_reply"

Thanks for your help.

Greetings
Steffen

Viper013

After carefully reading all posts   :-[  , i found the answer in GL700Wing Post #373.

With this fix everything worked like a charme.  :)

Many thanks to GL700Wing.

Greetings
Steffen

Dave J

Well unfortunately for me I' still have the issue I reported here

I tried it out again today on my test site and it's still the same
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Advertisement: