News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipper62

Installed this mod apprx feb 2016, and put the forum on hold to do other things.  Mod was working well when installed.

I got back to the forum project, and the mod seems to be missing.  There have been several automatic updates to SMF since the mod was installed.

Any ideas what the problem is?  Do I just need to reinstall the mod after automatic updates?  I don't have the original install files.  :-\  the original computer crashed and burned.

Thanks for any help.  :)

DarkAngel612

Quote from: skipper62 on April 26, 2017, 02:11:42 AM
Installed this mod apprx feb 2016, and put the forum on hold to do other things.  Mod was working well when installed.

I got back to the forum project, and the mod seems to be missing.  There have been several automatic updates to SMF since the mod was installed.

Any ideas what the problem is?  Do I just need to reinstall the mod after automatic updates?  I don't have the original install files.  :-\  the original computer crashed and burned.

Thanks for any help.  :)

by automatic update do you mean the "update here" link in admin?

the couple of times I did that I had to reinstall ALL my mods.

Even now I do manual updates and that way when I redo the mods I know they are fine.

In either case yes your mods will most likely need to be reinstalled. due to the files being different ones from their original installation.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Steve

I'm a little confused as well. Are you talking updates to SMF itself such as 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 to 2.0.12 etc? Are all your mods missing or just this one?

I've been using SMF and SAVE for years and have never had a problem throughout any kind of updates.

If it's just this mod that's missing I would first go here: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2681 and click the 'Parse' button. Then go through all the steps and make sure no part of the mod is still installed.

Then re-install it through the Package Manager.

Can't imagine what caused DarkAngel's problem but if she's more comfortable doing manual updates that's what she should do. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

and do note... there are not "automatic" updates by SMF. If your HOSTING service does automatic updates, then you are in for a world of trouble, since they will likely replaced all forum files each time, and will break every mod, every time.

DarkAngel...   the SMF "Update Now" installs the update patch, like any other mod...   just FYI, it is unlikely that doing that would ever uninstall ANY mod, let alone ALL mods.  The only way that ALL mods would be removed is if you did the manual over-write aka "full upgrade" process.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

DarkAngel612

Hi Kindred, it has been a long time since I did the "inhouse" updater. At that time it did mess up my mods. I used the patcher and when it was done the codes for my mods were gone...not all the mods, it was picky as to which ones.

I have since gone with the manual upgrades by going in and uploading the new files then reapplying the mods. This way I can also make sure all themes (we have a lot for our members to choose from) have the mods too.

Thanks for this mod. I sure wish they were all like yours where you can click the link within the mod settings and grab the updated one, then see in packages where you just need to install the new and delete the old.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Harvester

What must I do to embed a facebook video once this is installed? I have installed but cant figure how to embed facebook

vbgamer45

Just post the link in  a message and make sure you have the site checked under settings
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Harvester

thats what I thought. Its not working for me. I did a test on vimeo and thats not working either for me.

I pasted this into the post

https://vimeo.com/214023666

Harvester

ok it works... it just doesnt work with preview of the post. You have to submit the post and then the video appears.

vbgamer45

Yes that is true. There was a reason I did that I don't remember now though. I think it was due to editing posts.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lord alibaski

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on March 26, 2017, 11:31:22 AM
Update

+Added support for https for liveleak
!Made a fix for zippyshare

Sorry took so long to reply to this been a bit busy.

I've updated it and zippyshare is still not working.

vbgamer45

What is the link again to test

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lord alibaski

2 test links for you m8

http://www81.zippyshare.com/v/6irxoEU6/file.html
http://www114.zippyshare.com/v/Rls23Zrv/file.html

When enabling just the zippyshare one it actually hides the link completely.

SMFHacks.com Team

Added SMF 2.1 Beta 3 support
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

shawnb61

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

vbgamer45

Glad to help. So far only one who has 2.1 Beta 3 mods out

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

@rjen

Quote from: SMFHacks.com Team on June 07, 2017, 04:00:51 PM
Added SMF 2.1 Beta 3 support

mmm, on my test forum it now throws these errors:

8: Undefined variable: sc

File: /home/deb77453/domains/fjr-club.nl/public_html/test2/Sources/AutoEmbedMediaProHooks.php
Line: 43
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

SMFHacks.com Team

Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

lord alibaski

zippyshare still doesn't work m8.

When you tick the zippyshare box on it's own it hides the link completely
When you tick zippyshare2 on it's own it does nothing
When you tick the both together it hides the link again

themavesite

TMS Forums
Since 2008 and still going strong! Join today! http://forums.themavesite.com/index.php

Advertisement: