News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Simple Audio Video Embedder

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 09, 2010, 10:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Doesn't look like it none of that information from the video url is in the embed code.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

konstantinusz

I have installed this plugin successfully, but I am unable to find any information about how to use its features. Is there any custom BBCodes to activate the video embedding capability?

vbgamer45

After you go in settings for SAVE and enabled all the video sites you want enabled.

You then just post the link to video in the post and it auto embeds.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

konstantinusz

Thx, it seems to be working now, but all I get is an error message: No plugin available to display this content. Maybe the problem is the mp4 video file resides on a CDN site (but it is hotlinked of course) ?

Though flv videos play fine.

konstantinusz

Finally my problem solved I had to use the "html" "/html" tags and usual html5 "video" tag between them, simple as a machine.

NicolasLiatti

It's working great!

Is it possible to have a button as well, specific for the videos?

Arantor

Um... why? You just post the link to the video and that's it...

NicolasLiatti

Quote from: Arantor on June 09, 2014, 10:26:49 AM
Um... why? You just post the link to the video and that's it...

On lots of forum there is a special button for the videos. Lot's of people don't know that they can embed videos in the [URL] code, and they are looking for a Media button.
There is a button for links for images, one for url, one for ftp links... so I wouldn't be surprised to see one for videos :)

Nicolas

Arantor

But that's the thing... it wouldn't *do* anything other than just pasting a copy/paste!

Maybe tell your users about it?

NicolasLiatti

It's not a big deal, but it would be more logic to me to see a button, as there is one for other kinds of links. It's just a way to say "You can put images, ftp, links... and videos" without reading the How To section :)

BTW, if I put a video with a time range it doesn't work: hxxp:youtu.be/Rq_Hl5LZW8U?t=25m23s [nonactive]
Is that normal?

vbgamer45

Normal at the moment but that is something I will have to fix add support for the time amount.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Steve

But what would the button actually do? Anything? You don't put the url in tags so I don't understand ...

I just realized what Arantor was saying ... I suppose a person could copy the url, come back to the forum and click a button and the url is pasted in the post instead of right-click -> paste or ctrl-v ... seems like extra unnecessary code to me but what do I know? :P
DO NOT pm me for support!

yameth

SMF 2.0.11, EZPortal, Ad Management, SMF Articles, Simple Audio Video Embedder, SMF Trader System, SMF Packs SEO

klra

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

digiflash

I'm using Simple Audio Video Embedder 2.5.1. When I edit a post and switch to code-view the youtube link won't be shown.

yameth

Quote from: yameth on June 11, 2014, 03:27:07 AM
Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 28, 2013, 11:18:15 PM
That type doesn't work http://soundcloud.com/itz_just_in/no-worries-dj-sway-edition
I have not found a way to embed soundcloud in the given forms. Which way works?

Thanks for a great mod.
I suppose it works for everyone then, except me? I still have not found a way to embed it.
It's not that I demand it of course but would appreciate it if I knew that it just doesn't work or which way works. Thanks.
SMF 2.0.11, EZPortal, Ad Management, SMF Articles, Simple Audio Video Embedder, SMF Trader System, SMF Packs SEO

vbgamer45

Quote from: eric1234 on July 04, 2014, 04:22:57 PM
Any chance for Gfycat? :)
No idea what that is. Would need example links and embed code to see

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

青山 素子

Gfycat is a service that turns big animated gif images into HTML5 videos (if supported by the browser), which is often much smaller.

Typical link looks like http://gfycat.com/UnfortunatePaltryKitten, and that's what you can search for detecting the item.

There are a few ways to display it, and you can see them if you go to that link and click on the link chain icon at the top right. The iframe method is handy, but not every item is a single size. There is also a way to work it through the HTML img tag using a JS snippet, which might work better if you can control when that JS is added to the page.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: